SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   front sprocket casing? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/front-sprocket-casing-30430/)

dani p 05-22-2013 07:35 AM

front sprocket casing?

I have a 2005 VTR superhawk and have been doing some work on it as of late. So I replaced the chain, tires, rear sprocket and what not. Last night he went to put the front sprocket cover on but it will not close. Seem thats the piston for the clutch rod is stopping it somehow. Not even sure if that makes sense, but thats what he said and as you can see by the pics that is what is stopping it.

Any ideas?

E.Marquez 05-22-2013 07:41 AM

1: No pics, atached or present
2: Yes it makes sense
3: Open the bleeder nipple, push the cover in place, close bleeder nipple, empty, clean, refill clutch master res with DOT4 (or 5.1) fluid, bleed clutch.
4: Go ride

dani p 05-23-2013 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 355444)
1: No pics, atached or present
2: Yes it makes sense
3: Open the bleeder nipple, push the cover in place, close bleeder nipple, empty, clean, refill clutch master res with DOT4 (or 5.1) fluid, bleed clutch.
4: Go ride

nope not the issue.

E.Marquez 05-23-2013 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by dani p (Post 355512)
nope not the issue.

Are you making this difficult on purpose :nana:

YOU SAID

I have a 2005 VTR superhawk and have been doing some work on it as of late. So I replaced the chain, tires, rear sprocket and what not. Last night he went to put the front sprocket cover on but it will not close. Seem thats the piston for the clutch rod is stopping it somehow. Not even sure if that makes sense, but thats what he said and as you can see by the pics that is what is stopping it.

Any ideas?
Who did what? You said YOU put on the parts, and then changed to HE could not get the cover on because the clutch rod is stopping it.

YOU SAID "as you can see by the pics "
Still, there are no pics attached, linked, or embedded.

You seem convinced the clutch rod is stopping the cover,, ok, well assuming you're correct.. as thats all we have to go on here..

If the clutch rod is keeping the cover from being fitted.. and we KNOW the clutch rod did not grow in length and you did not say you have the clutch off, replaced... then the likely issue is the clutch slave cylinder has extended a bit... Very common to happen when the sprocket cover and slave are off the engine.

The fix is exactly what I posted..

The push rod CAN NOT GROW... it's not adjustable.. the clutch can not shrink, and as it's not been replaced since this issue started,,, it's not a misfit, or wrong part installed.

Perhaps you could post the pics you said you did so we might see the issue.

Perhaps remove the slave cylinder from the cover and install the cover, so you can rule out interference of the cover down pins and or the sprocket and chain you or someone just installed.

If the cover without the slave fits.. Open the bleeder nipple, push in the slave piston, and install the it, then bleed it as directed.

HRCA#1 05-23-2013 11:08 AM

Wow Erik you're channeling Tweety and Hawk8541...LMAO!

SPRHK 05-23-2013 11:14 AM

Atleas he didnt call him an ASKHOLE.

Tweety 05-23-2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by HRCA#1 (Post 355521)
Wow Erik you're channeling Tweety and Hawk8541...LMAO!

Nah... He's still too nice... But it's getting there... ;)

Jack Flash 05-23-2013 04:55 PM

He's probably smoking crack with his mayor in Toronto.:rotf::rotf: