SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Dynojet jet kit. (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/dynojet-jet-kit-31032/)

Fistfullofthrotl718 08-31-2013 08:30 PM

Dynojet jet kit.

So after some research I found out that I have a dynojet jet kit. Coupled with a k&n air filter. Now, before the bashing begins I bought it like this. Ok, my question. In the online instruction for the stage 1 kit, it says to do this and that. Upon inspection it's exactly like the instructions say. What I have not found is what temp they use these suggestions in. Anyone know? I'm very capable of tuning a four stroke mx'ers carb. I am however, dabaling in very unfamiliar territory with these cv carbs. Does the info pass over between the two carbs? Or am I playing different sports here?On a side notice, temp might not matter because the snorkel is constantly sucking in warm air. So a wider range on temp might be suitable from dynojet suggestions. Idk. Just an idea. Any feedback on this?

CruxGNZ 08-31-2013 10:44 PM

So, what you are saying is, if Dynojet got all thier information from dyno runs at 72 degrees F., you would be able to make that exact temperature available in the dyno room? Or, you would wait untill that temperature is outside, then tune your carbs?

You are also forgetting atmospheric pressure (Summerville is ~75 feet above sea level) and humidity also play a role.

Wicky 08-31-2013 11:51 PM

Is there anything 'noticeably' off with the bike's performance?

have you done a baseline dyno run to see where you are at before fettling/making any changes?

www.vtr1000.org • View topic - K&N, Dynojet Kit, Micron (NFRU) Cans

Fistfullofthrotl718 09-01-2013 06:16 AM

Cruz. What Im asking is, because Dynojet would use a controlled environment to produce the best results. Im trying to get some in site on what that environment was like. Meaning if the air temp was 72 at their facility, then this is the base line temp for their suggestion on the jetting choices for best performance. Being it is 95 here now, I would automatically assume I would have to go a little leaner in jets. What they dont tell you is what temp range their jets were suggested for.
Now, Im also curious about temp in this aspect, on an mx'er, the airbox is pulling in air from the back of the bike away from a heat sorce, unlike the VTR. Being that with the slash guard on and snorkel in place, the airbox is constantly pulling in warmer air instead of "fresh" air like on the mx'ers. This being said, coupled with my obsessive/compulsive disorder, Im wondering if this would cause an appropriately jetted bike to have a little wider range of ambient air temp and still function ideally. Again comparing to mx'ers, a 10-15 degree air temp change would warrant a jet change. Seeing the VTR pulls warm air in, would this extend the air temp range to 15-20 or 20-25 degrees before requiring a jet change? I understand atmospheric pressure, humility, altitude, etc etc, all play a factor, and this info is what Im looking for. What were the conditions dynojet had when choosing there jets?
Again, Im not even sure that the info crosses over completely between the 2 types of cabs in the earlier mentioned (mx'ers vs CV's). I am under the assumption that a carb is, well, a carb.

Wicky, I cant say definitively. I dont have anything to compare it to. I bought the bike as it is with just some preventive maintenance done thus far. It is still fairly new to me. However, I am under the impression that i shouldnt be walked by a 600. Plus a carb fart in neutral, and a little(imo) slow take off speed. Doesnt seem to rev that quick from lower rpms until semi upper rpms, them the tach flys