SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Clutch problems (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/clutch-problems-6814/)

Philipian Ricer 03-30-2005 07:04 AM

Clutch problems

So, the drag strip finally opened for this year, but im having a horrible problem with my clutch. When i go to slip it to launch of the line, it wount slip at all. Like, while trying to slip it, it will just all of a sudden engage fully, like i just droped the clutch, than disengage really fast, making for a kind of frightening experience. Its always happened on this bike, but last year when i draged it, if i just kept it under 3000 rpms it wouldn't do it, where as now i can't slip it anywhere under a hard accelerate. Some reviews ive read of this bike have complained of this but does anybody know exactly why it does that? Does anybody know of a solution to this problem? My bud just got a tl1000s, but i can't race him from a stop because of this stupid problem!!! thanks

dive2277 09-13-2005 11:22 AM

Re: Clutch problems

I have the same problem, and it scares the sh-t out of me! Can someone help?

Stuart :shock:

Philipian Ricer 09-13-2005 05:22 PM

I figured out a solution to the problem! Bought a Z1000 :) . 10.7 now bitches, haha.

superhawk22 09-13-2005 06:06 PM

I'll race you on a road track Biatch!! As far as 1/4 mile that's not the superhawk's arena. I used to race my buddy on his TL1000s all the time. I would beat him to the 80' mark and then his top end would take over and pull away. :(

As far as the clutch goes it's not a very beefy clutch to begin with. But it sounds more like your clutch plates are sticking together.

Philipian Ricer 09-13-2005 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot (Post 10668)
I'll race you on a road track Biatch!! As far as 1/4 mile that's not the superhawk's arena. I used to race my buddy on his TL1000s all the time. I would beat him to the 80' mark and then his top end would take over and pull away. :(

As far as the clutch goes it's not a very beefy clutch to begin with. But it sounds more like your clutch plates are sticking together.

your on! haha, as far as stock, the z1000 handles much better than the hawk. But prepped, the hawk would prolly be a better road coarse bike. And i have a friend with a TLS, and before on the hawk, he'd pull hard away from me, now i pull hard away from him :)

superhawk22 09-13-2005 09:56 PM

No doubt, that bike has much more HP. But my hawk's suspension is far from stock. But all kidding aside, I like the looks of the z and it would be fun to race.

dive2277 09-14-2005 11:25 AM

Thanks,

Would an after market clutch be the awnser? :?:

superhawk22 09-14-2005 12:28 PM

It should and it should be an improvement over stock.

mks8882 09-14-2005 12:35 PM

Any recommendations on an aftermarket clutch setup? or brand of clutch plates?

caffeineracer 09-15-2005 08:31 AM

Yes, I can recommend Barnett friction plates and springs. I put them in my bike @ approx 100K miles.
I'm very easy on my shawk clutch. but would still get the chatter thing sometimes launching hard in traffic situations. It's never done it since I put the Barnett in. The springs add a little more clutch effort at the lever, but if your a manly man that shouldn't a problem. Could be a problem if your a girly man though.
The way my clutch went out is after extended 6th gear WOT the clutch would overheat.
Then accelerating though gears the clutch would unhook with the lever out untill the clutch cooled off again. You have to shop around because I think Barnett is cheaper from their dealers.

~Jeffers

superhawk22 09-15-2005 12:21 PM

Sorry, I was away from my computer for awhile but that's who I would rec. as well.