SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Clock...say it is'nt so (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/clock-say-isnt-so-7544/)

woodman 08-31-2005 04:34 PM

Clock...say it is'nt so

I went to set the clock on my new SH today and much to my dismay it is a 24 hour clock. Looked throught the owners manual for how to set it to 12 hour mode but nothing.

Is there a way to set it yo 12 hour mode? My owners manual says nothing adout this.

thanks in advance

superhawk22 08-31-2005 08:08 PM

At least you've got a clock! :lol:

W-O-T 08-31-2005 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot (Post 10109)
At least you've got a clock! :lol:

LMAO!!! yah no kidding!!! I have an INGLO wrapped to my triple!!! :oops:

RymerC 08-31-2005 11:57 PM

suck it up woodman! if you really hate the 24 hr. reading (why would you?) just start pushing buttons, and cross your fingers.

woodman 09-01-2005 01:15 AM

Re: Clock...say it is'nt so

You guys are a big help. I don't know why they would put a 24 hour clock on it. I don't know of any country where civilian use 24 our time.
My Aprilia is the same way.

bluesman 09-01-2005 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by woodman";p=&quot (Post 10119)
You guys are a big help. I don't know why they would put a 24 hour clock on it. I don't know of any country where civilian use 24 our time.

Well, let me give you some examples :)
Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Russia, Ukraine etc. etc. ;) everybody except US and UK ;)

We not using 24 hours when we talk about time, normally people say 7 in the evening or 7 in the morning (no PM/AM term in just casual talk), but default choice digital displays is 24 hours. It is rather US/UK - borrowed style to have AM and PM on digital display ;) - some people use it here too..
If I'll be at my Honda dealer on Saturday I'll ask him - he for sure knows how to switch to AM/PM mode...if possible at all.

woodman 09-01-2005 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by bluesman";p=&quot (Post 10122)

Originally Posted by woodman";p=&quot (Post 10119)

Well, let me give you some examples :)
Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Russia, Ukraine etc. etc. ;) everybody except US and UK ;)

We not using 24 hours when we talk about time, normally people say 7 in the evening or 7 in the morning (no PM/AM term in just casual talk), but default choice digital displays is 24 hours. It is rather US/UK - borrowed style to have AM and PM on digital display ;) - some people use it here too..
If I'll be at my Honda dealer on Saturday I'll ask him - he for sure knows how to switch to AM/PM mode...if possible at all.

Thanks, I would appresiate it.

VTRFISH 09-01-2005 06:50 AM

Been dealing with a 24 hr clock for the last 19+ years....Navy and all.

It you need help on the time conversion.....I'd be more then willing to teach ya. :lol:

Mike

superhawk22 09-01-2005 08:54 AM

Glad I could be of service. :lol: You could always do a little math while you ride, you know just subtract 12. :D

woodman 09-01-2005 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot (Post 10142)
Glad I could be of service. :lol: You could always do a little math while you ride, you know just subtract 12. :D

Yes, I know that subtracting 12 will give me the time. Thats not the point, I want a 12 hour clock not a 24 hour clock.

All I want to know is if there is a way to switch this clock from 24 hour to 12 hour....O.K.

superhawk22 09-01-2005 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by woodman";p=&quot (Post 10147)

Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot (Post 10142)

Yes, I know that subtracting 12 will give me the time. Thats not the point, I want a 12 hour clock not a 24 hour clock.

All I want to know is if there is a way to switch this clock from 24 hour to 12 hour....O.K. :shock:

You do know I'm joking with you right? :D I'm just jealous that you've got one to adjust, sorry I can't help you. :roll:

Oh and by the way I've been known to be a wise ass, nothing personal. :D

W-O-T 09-01-2005 03:25 PM

You do know I'm joking with you right? :D I'm just jealous that you've got one to adjust, sorry I can't help you. :roll:

Oh and by the way I've been known to be a wise ass, nothing personal. :D
SAY IT AINT SO!!! You!?!?! a Wise Ass!?!?! :lol:

Im jealous too... don't feel bad....

superhawk22 09-01-2005 03:54 PM

[/quote]

SAY IT AINT SO!!! You!?!?! a Wise Ass!?!?! :lol:

Yeah I know, :shock: my wife was shocked after we got married too! :lol:

woodman 09-01-2005 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Never mind. A friend of mine works at a Honda dealer so I asked him and he called Honda of America . The SH is the only Honda made with a military clock and it can't be changed. I will have to subtract 12 hours like my Aprilia.

Superhawk22, I know you are joking so am I, this is for you

superhawk22 09-01-2005 08:02 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: