SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Choke knob won't stay out...Anyone, Buller, Buller.... (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/choke-knob-wont-stay-out-anyone-buller-buller-8698/)

Randman 05-17-2006 01:52 PM

Choke knob won't stay out...Anyone, Buller, Buller....

Ok, the choke know won't stay out all the way on the bike, when I crank it up, I have to hold the dang thing out for a min or so, then it slips in about half way....Is this normal? what can I do to fix her??

TIA :)

marmaladedad 05-17-2006 02:55 PM

Adjust the tension on the knob. Pull off the rubber cover over the knob.

sprhawk neil 05-17-2006 04:25 PM

choke knob

my 99 does the same thing but It still starts write up so I warm it up then push it the rest of the way in I don't like running with the choke on for more than a minute anyways!!

Randman 05-17-2006 08:23 PM

Cool I will try and adjust it......I don't leave it on long, just I don't want to have to hold it out for 30 to 45 seconds, I want it to stay out on it's own...I checked with Honda, and a new cable is like $45 not that big of a deal, but I would rather buy mods, not needs....lol

mdbuehler 05-18-2006 07:51 AM

Its actually "Buehler" ;)

Mine did the same, very annoying! Adjusting the tension tooke care of it, and its been fine since.

Randman 05-18-2006 08:09 AM

I was refering to "Farris Bueller's Day off" the movie from the 80's.....
but I get it....lol...nice one...

however I did spell it wrong in the title, question is, did I do it on purpose to atract attention? lol.....

Randman 05-19-2006 06:03 PM

so that worked, wow I am like almost a full fledged mechanic or something er well um maybe not.....but I fixed the damn choke, so it is close enough for me.....

marmaladedad 05-19-2006 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by cliffhangerstx
so that worked, wow I am like almost a full fledged mechanic or something er well um maybe not.....but I fixed the damn choke, so it is close enough for me.....

The fun, free mods are the best ones. :D

superbikemike 05-20-2006 04:58 PM

Mines doing the same thing! I'll try the tomorrow. Thanks!

Randman 05-20-2006 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by superbikemike
Mines doing the same thing! I'll try the tomorrow. Thanks!

Hey remember, since your in Canada, you will have to turn the knob in the opposite direction to get it to work.....

A Team 06-28-2006 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by marmaladeboy
Adjust the tension on the knob. Pull off the rubber cover over the knob.

I have an 05 with this problem. I went to pull off the rubber cover but seems to be all one piece??? Could they have changed the knob for 05, or do I just need to grow a pair and pull the hell out of it?

A Team 06-28-2006 10:04 AM

Nevermind. I was pulling on the outside knob. I now know its the inside one mounted to the frame there.

Thanks to Greg's VTR page I won't be buying a new chole cable!

A Team 06-28-2006 10:05 AM

'choke'

Erion_squid 06-29-2006 04:17 AM

Choke ISSUE

wow, yeah had the same issue with mine but not anymore. Thanks guys, i just figured it was one of the characteristics of my SH. Great post!

Randman 06-29-2006 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Erion_squid
wow, yeah had the same issue with mine but not anymore. Thanks guys, i just figured it was one of the characteristics of my SH. Great post!

characteristics....It is funny you say that....that is what the person I bought it from said..lol...guess we make up names for things we don't understand....lol

Hawkrider 06-29-2006 02:06 PM

Yeah, that's exactly the correct term....since our bikes have "character". ;)