SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   brake pads (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/brake-pads-26677/)

vtrwillie72 09-22-2011 07:02 AM

brake pads

I know this is like asking everyone what is the best oil to use in the SH.......

Its time to replace the front brake pads on my hawk. Currently I have the GSXR calipers with EBC HH pads (fa188hh) on the bike. I am happy with these brake pads but would consider trying out a new type of pad. Has anyone used a different brake pad with better results than the EBC? If so how was the initial bite? etc.?

Thanks

8541Hawk 09-22-2011 08:53 AM

Vesrah RJL are my pads of choice at this time.

They have a little less initial bit but are much more progressive than EBC's from there on.

For me, at least, the EBC had a lot of bite but were a bit hard to modulate where as the Vasrah pads have a very linear "feel" to me. What I mean is, whit the Vesrah's, the harder you squeeze, the harder you stop. Where as the EBC's always felt like there really wasn't a whole lot of control after the initial bite.....

This is all IMHO and of course YMMV ;)

speedkelly@aol.com 09-22-2011 09:11 AM

Got to agree with everything 8451hawk says above. Had the Vesrah RJL's on my GSXR1000. Worked great, the harder you use them, the better they get and feel. EBC HH are a great allround pad. If you are looking for a more performance brake pad (trackday riding or fast street riding) I would say the Vesrah's are a improvement over the EBC's. Best place I found to buy them from was from KurveyGirl - Motorcycle Stuff: Dzus Fasteners, angled valve stems, Vesrah and More good prices, great customer service.

Karbon 09-30-2011 11:13 AM

I've been using DP HH pads with stock brakes and ss lines. Very progressive feel, plenty of stopping power and a very discernible initial bite.

20_rc51_00 09-30-2011 09:59 PM

good info here about pads ROGUE RC51 Owners Group of United Enthusiasts

I just finished with some DP hh pads and I didn't like what it did to my rotors, they are pretty much garbage. They are all scored and gouged. The pad surface and edges disintegrated and I think that these bits may have become trapped btw the pad and rotor marring the surface. there were huge gouges across the pad surface aswell.

I just purchaed a used set of rotors and cleaned them, I am about to install a pair of HH carbone-Lorraine pads. I'll let you know how they are in the next couple of days.

Thumper 10-01-2011 05:09 AM

[QUOTE=8541Hawk;314615]Vesrah RJL are my pads of choice at this time.

QUOTE]

Same here, running them on multiple bikes. if i recall there is no break in time, put them on an go racing or riding from first mile

20_rc51_00 10-05-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 20_rc51_00 (Post 315225)
good info here about pads ROGUE RC51 Owners Group of United Enthusiasts

I just finished with some DP hh pads and I didn't like what it did to my rotors, they are pretty much garbage. They are all scored and gouged. The pad surface and edges disintegrated and I think that these bits may have become trapped btw the pad and rotor marring the surface. there were huge gouges across the pad surface aswell.

I just purchaed a used set of rotors and cleaned them, I am about to install a pair of HH carbone-Lorraine pads. I'll let you know how they are in the next couple of days.

ok so i have had a chance to break in the pads and can't believe how good they are. they are very progressive and a good amount of bite. They are leaps and bounds ahead of the DP pads I had in before. there is not chatter and I feel a lot more confident in braking hard and the feedback that i get. I would def recommend these. I tried them out because of the review on the link I posted above. I'm def happy with them and until I have the $$$ to try the RJL's these are the best I have had to date I think. I would say they even feel better then the when I had EBC's on my rc51. Currently I am using the entire braking setup right off my rc51 on the superhawk so I'd say there is some gernalizability in what I feel compared to the ebc's too.