SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Bike went down (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/bike-went-down-9001/)

Rydebye 06-24-2006 07:39 AM

Bike went down

well it finally happened...i was going down a hill in rain in my neighborhood and the bike came out from under me...only a couple miles an hour nothin big....prob lem though is when it went down on its right side i got a puddle of oil that came out....what could this be from??? when its upright it isnt leaking any oil....did i crack something open??? also my bar end is bent and i tried to allen wrench it off but its not coming...any tip on to get that off??? thanks in advance

Scumbag 06-24-2006 08:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
ok the oil may be coming from a pin hole leak in your right case cover.....where the clutch basket is......I did the same thing.....well not the same crash but I did go down on my right side.....as for the bar end you musta hit kinda hard cause I didnt bust mine up too bad just scrapes and it came right off for a new one to go on........

Rydebye 06-24-2006 09:12 AM

yep found the leak in the case cover anyone have a spare lying around?? it would be much appreciated im so bummed right now....im mad at myself

sprhawk neil 06-24-2006 01:28 PM

at least it was a low speed lay down it could have been much worse.Glad to hear you didn't get hurt. well pride still hurts

cb21983 06-24-2006 03:13 PM

Yeah just be glad you didn't get hurt. I lost the fight with a Ford ranger two years ago that pulled an illegal u-turn right in front of me.

Mick-e 06-24-2006 03:41 PM

quick steele, or quick aluminum works wonders.
I scraped a hole in my ride side cover in 01. I patched it with quick aluminum, and I've been using it that way ever since.

marmaladedad 06-24-2006 03:49 PM

I'd try the patching thing too. A "case cover" isn't readily available for our hawks...you'll have to replace the WHOLE side. :(

One of the cheapest places I've found for replacement parts is MR Cycles. You could also try eBay, but there's no guarantees there...

ATLSHawk98 06-24-2006 04:34 PM

sorry

sorry about the boo-boo brother. also try bikebandit.com for parts.
me and kevin will help you get her back together.

Loco 06-24-2006 05:03 PM

Unless Loco has the part (which I probably do!) I"ll check and get back with you. Send an Email to Lftopletz@terracon.com and we can work out details.

sprhawk neil 06-24-2006 05:09 PM

dr loco to the rescue!!! whats up dude I have not seen of you on here in a while.I thought you to were looking for another bike? Don't leave us man we will all go loco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loco 06-24-2006 10:55 PM

lol yeah whatever bro, I'm banned from this site at work and I have other things preoccupying my time once I get home. Fate is against me here, but I'll do my best to check in and reply. By the way, I think i liked the old forum style better, this one is a bit confusing no?

Loco 06-24-2006 11:01 PM

Well, lucky day, I do have the engine cover. The only problem is it's part of a complete motor. The motor has been sitting in my garage for a damn long time and I'm pretty sure that much dust in the cylinder is a recipe for disaster. The cover is in fine shape though, no scratches that I could see. What do you think, should I sell him just the cover off the motor? (he'd have to ask very nicely of course)

Rydebye 06-24-2006 11:25 PM

loco if u have that i will be ur bestest frined in the entire world....and if i could help u on anything else i will try my best to make it happen...how much u askin for it??

Rydebye 06-24-2006 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by sprhawk neil
at least it was a low speed lay down it could have been much worse.Glad to hear you didn't get hurt. well pride still hurts

yea... rain got the best of me boo....thanks erik for the offer...hopfuilly i can get some new skinz fer her...change her to a streetfighter make it a summer project