SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Bike doesn't want to run after new valves (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/bike-doesnt-want-run-after-new-valves-31203/)

insulinboy 10-07-2013 02:11 PM

SON OF A MOTHERF$*&#(@. I think I just figured out what I did wrong. Whoever mentioned PVLIR first, you win a cookie. I didn't realize there were TWO nipples on the petcock (insert banging head on brick wall image) I just read the carb rebuild thread in anticipation and it said "DO NOT PLUG VACUUM LINE INTO BOTTOM OF PETCOCK, IT GOES IN THE BACK"

Went out and checked.. yep.. there is another place to put that damn hose.. I'm now pretty sure that my cams are 180* out since I decided to check that to cross it off the list.. I'm going to go hang my head in shame now and eat dinner.. Then to flip the cams the right way.. then I'm gonna sell the damn thing and get a suzuki and start riding in a wife beater, gym shorts, and flip flops as I'm starting to think that that might be more my speed after this experience :lol:

cybercarl 10-07-2013 02:17 PM

PMSL oh no.....vacuum hose strikes again FFS how many more people is that going to catch out. I thought the petcock had already been ruled out for crying out loud. LOL Oh well got there in the end, I'm just pleased it's been figured out as I was starting to bang my head against the wall too.

(:-})

insulinboy 10-07-2013 02:35 PM

I'm sorry for the aggravation Carl, when someone told me that there are two places to put it I thought they meant the vent hose or overflow hose, whatever those two are and not that there were two nipples on the petcock :oops:

Thanks everyone for your patience with me.. Hopefully before I go to bed I will have a normal running hawk again. 30 mins till dinner and I don't feel like tackling that again til after dinner. Im at the same time laughing my ass off that it was that stupid and frustrated that after all that work it was that stupid. It explains everything. Why it ran fine when I first threw it back together until I came back out to ride it because I had run it out of gas idleing in the garage, why it idled fine but wouldn't take throttle.

It just makes sense now and it should have before but I was too damn stubborn to see it.

Deatons, I think I owe you an apology most of all because you hit the nail on the head and I just about bit your head off for it because I was sure that I had already covered that. I am truly sorry for that.

insulinboy 10-07-2013 05:11 PM

Just finished up. Bike is right now. Thanks everyone for putting up with me :)

CruxGNZ 10-07-2013 08:14 PM

You're going to get shit for this one for a while! Haha

insulinboy 10-08-2013 06:46 AM

I would probably think less of the lot of you if I didn't :lol:

7moore7 10-08-2013 07:18 AM

PVLIR is on the prowl this week! Another strike on an unsuspecting mechanic...

Swapping cams because a line is hooked up wrong is pretty good, but still doesn't quite outshine that time that smokinjoe swapped motors because of a bad tank of gas!

CrankenFine 10-08-2013 09:29 AM

;)

thedeatons 10-08-2013 04:41 PM

Please PM me for the address to send my cookie...

Finally! I've contributed something useful!

James

cybercarl 10-08-2013 05:07 PM

Please PM me for the address to send my cookie...
That would be Sesami Street then. ;)

How's the bike running now, have you been out for a test ride yet.

(:-})