SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Best 80 dollar tool and 15 minutes spent.... (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/best-80-dollar-tool-15-minutes-spent-12760/)

SlowHAWK 09-23-2007 02:08 PM

Best 80 dollar tool and 15 minutes spent....

Hey boys...

I broke down a few weeks ago and bought a Carbtune Syncronizer it was like 80 dollars (bought 4 tube one, just incase I ever go inline again).... as I got rid of my old mercury tubes with a kid in the house....

Finally got off my lazy-a$$ and took the 15 mintues to synch the carbs yesterday.... WHAT A DIFFERENCE.... I knew it was going to run smoother afterward as revving it during the synch I could tell the engine was much getting smoother/crisper, and when it was dialed in, it reved real easy...

After driving it today on a nice long ride, I was shocked on how much better the bike rode.... throttle response was much better, and even better than the throttle response... was the bike was nice and smooth just cruzin at highway speeds... no more roughness, even seemed to vibrate less than usual.....

Anyway... just figured I'd share... I always thought my bike rode well.... I guess I just got used to it being a bit rough.... that won't happen again!!! Highly recommend taking the time to check your carbs... 1/4 turn of a tiny little screw made the biggest difference in the ride!!!

As for the Carbtune sync tool.... it was real easy to use... the rods it uses to measure vac don't bounce jump at all, made it 10x easier to dial the carbs identical to eachother compared to my old Pro-Motion mercury sync. Figure the 80 dollars is what some shop would charge you to do the same thing, and now i'll never have to pay someone again!!!

J.

nuhawk 09-23-2007 02:46 PM

Hell, YES! It would cost you $80 for their mechanic to walk over and look at the bike must less hook up a test tool. Great report! Where did you buy it?

As I was reading, I was wondering about vibration so thanks for making that observation. I've always thought my Superhawk hammered just a bit harder than it should.

Syclone 09-23-2007 02:54 PM

the Morgan Carbtune?

SlowHAWK 09-23-2007 03:11 PM

Yeah.. Morgan carbtune... bought it online (off their site) takes a little over a week to get it. They make 2-tube unit as well which is a little cheaper... I figured for the 15 dollars more, it's worth it to have the 4 tube for any bike I might have in the future.

Compared to the Pro-Motion mercury tubes I had the carbtune a much better tool. First... no hazardous materials to worry about, and like I said, the rods hardly bounce, making it very easy to adjust the screw to get the carbs balanced almost exactly even.

As for the ride... it had started to feel a bit "twitchy" on the highway with the throttle opened slightly at 65-80 mph... almost like I was tapping the brakes... that feeling is completly gone now. I always thought it was just part of being a twin... I kinda feel dumb for not checking them sooner!!!

In the end, I guess it doens't matter if you use a carbtune, mercury tubes, a mighty vac...etc.... but takng the time to get those carbs even wil make the ride much better!!!

J.

Syclone 09-23-2007 03:19 PM

I found their site and noticed they were EU. Looks like a decent tool, I might have to invest in one.

nuhawk 09-23-2007 03:21 PM

Thanks for all the info.