SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Auto CCT (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/auto-cct-30538/)

DEVAL 06-08-2013 03:42 PM

Auto CCT

At what kls should the auto CCT's be replaced

Caffeine 06-08-2013 03:51 PM

I don't have an exact answer to that.. I heard that some went under warranty with less then 6K on them, other says 50+K and still working fine..

Personally, after having it fail.. REPLACE THEM NOW!it's so easy to do it before they fail.. so much more expensive and time consuming after.

don't be afraid to try it your self, it's really not that technical it's just a little time consuming removing everything to get to the valve covers.

DEVAL 06-08-2013 04:46 PM

So what is the better way to go manual or auto

smokinjoe73 06-08-2013 06:49 PM

Most will say manual, which is true, sorta. Technicly, due to their manual nature, they will need adjusting at some future point. This is a drawback & why Honda didnt put them in as stock (on any bike)

Someone on here has auto for like a zillion miles and unless I am wrong (I could be), the 2nd gen manual are improved over the first gen.

I haven't heard of anyone checking their manuals ever, or readjusting later, but that may be just because no one has kept their bike that long.

cybercarl 06-09-2013 02:02 AM

The later auto tensioners are the same, there is no difference apart from an Orange dot painted on the side and they have not been sitting under tension on the store shelf for as long while.

Manuals don't require adjusting for about 15,000 -20,000miles. A good time to check them would be when the service interval comes up for valve clearances.

(:-})

Caffeine 06-09-2013 08:46 AM

Just came accross this guide on the UK site,

Swapping in manual CCT's

This is the best guide I have ever seen! I wish I would have found it when I was doing mine. lots of pics and video's! every step is covered. if you have never worked on a bike and have two left thumbs you could still do it with no issues!

www.vtr1000.org • View topic - Manual Cam Chain Tensioner Installation Guide (MCCT's)

cybercarl 06-09-2013 10:28 AM

This is the best guide I have ever seen! I wish I would have found it when I was doing mine. lots of pics and video's! every step is covered. if you have never worked on a bike and have two left thumbs you could still do it with no issues!
Well I thank you very much sir.

So many people get confused or have questions that tend to get repeated, I thought it was about time I wrote something. If it saves people from screwing up they bike from getting the timing wrong or bad chain tension then it has done it's job.

(:-})

DEVAL 06-09-2013 11:48 AM

That makes the job alot nicer to do thanks for taking the time to make that step by step guide :D