SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Apex Bar risers (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/apex-bar-risers-29347/)

darkember 10-24-2012 10:36 AM

Apex Bar risers

Just wondering if anybody has fitted the following to their bikes?

Products

If so I have several questions to ask:

1: What are they like?
2: Are they fitted to the stansions above the top brace?
3: If fitted above the top brace I presume you would only need the 3" riser.
4: What stops the stansion clamp from rotating under hard braking? I cannot see any peg or groove the clamp can butt up against.
5: Can the original cables still be used?
6: What holes need to be drilled for the switching gear if any?
7: If anybody has them fitted I would really appreciate any photos & any feedback they can offer.

Much appreciated Darkember

Bearshawk 10-24-2012 11:59 AM

tons of info on bar configurations and different styles of risers, search bar risers or something similar and read up

98VTRrider 10-24-2012 04:00 PM

I can answer a few of your questions, I put the Apex risers on my VTR for the CBR fork swap.

1. They are really nice design and quality. Very adjustable, more so than some other brands offer.

2. On the VTR you would probably put them above the top triple, I put mine below the top triple which was required on the CBR forks, which is why I needed the 3" rise.

4. tightening the bolts. there are no locator pins or similar. If they move under hard braking they are too loose.

5. original VTR cables may be too short, I don't know, they may be able to be rerouted and work, I think I've read that here. I used original CBR cables.

6. I believe there were locator pins on the left controls and right controls/throttle. I ground them off with a grinder so I didn't need to drill holes, and so I could adjust the throttle cable location.

What reasons do you want these? To have a higher handle bar for different riding position? If that's true then they would be a great choice. I'm sure others will chime in with other options like dirt bike bars ect.

Hope that helps

E.Marquez 10-24-2012 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by darkember (Post 343823)
Just wondering if anybody has fitted the following to their bikes?

Products

If so I have several questions to ask:

1: What are they like?
Ahh Nice
2: Are they fitted to the stansions above the top brace?
Above
3: If fitted above the top brace I presume you would only need the 3" riser.
Depends on what you want, I have a set of 4in installed
4: What stops the stansion clamp from rotating under hard braking? I cannot see any peg or groove the clamp can butt up against.
The pinch bolt only and it works great, as did the VFR bars I had on before.
5: Can the original cables still be used?
Cables yes, OEM brake lines no.After market brake lines, depends on the line.
6: What holes need to be drilled for the switching gear if any?
none never drill after market bars , just remove the locating pin from the OEM switch. You can use a wrap of tape under the switch and clamp down on that it they want to move
7: If anybody has them fitted I would really appreciate any photos & any feedback they can offer.
Sure, look here
Much appreciated Darkember

darkember 10-25-2012 01:40 PM

Thanks guys you have fully answered all my questions. Very refreshing:D. I'm looking for a more comfortable riding position & do believe these are the ticket. Time to save ;)

smokinjoe73 10-25-2012 03:03 PM

They are awesome but I refuse to answer the questionaire.

They are for sure the best option around.

erno 10-26-2012 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got them on mine ,but I have rc51 forks

Attachment 24183