SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   After Carb Sync Question (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/after-carb-sync-question-28222/)

eersfanpilot 05-06-2012 01:07 PM

After Carb Sync Question

Ok. I have done the carb sync mod and balanced the carbs at idle. I rechecked today, roughly 1-2 weeks later, and things are still good. I did not initially check the balance at 3K rpm last time so this time decided to rev and hold at 3K. Are they supposed to pull even? My rear carb is pulling a lot more. They fall back to even.

Advice?

RWhisen 05-06-2012 03:07 PM

Per the service manual-

Check vacuum at idle which is 1200 RPM +- 100. Rev several times, recheck.

GTS 05-06-2012 04:50 PM

On some bikes you'll have an idle stop that you adjust for idle balance and then you rev it up some so the slides are off the stop and you balance the off idle with the cables. However on these the cable turns one side and the balance you adjust is in the linkage so there shouldn't really be any difference when you rev it and there is no way to adjust the off idle balance. If it's very far off you can split the difference between the two and see if it performs better or worse and let that be your guide.

eersfanpilot 05-06-2012 07:44 PM

Thanks for the input. This was more what I was wondering. I have it set to factory specs like RWhisen posted. I was more curious about how the fluid in the sync tool SHOULD perform after the carbs are balanced and you rev the engine. The manual does not really give much detail.

So ideally, both fluids should rise together equally? (Same amount of vacation pull when rev'ing?)

If balanced at idle and they return to idle balanced after reving, how in the world do you get them to rise together?

Originally Posted by GTS (Post 331765)
On some bikes you'll have an idle stop that you adjust for idle balance and then you rev it up some so the slides are off the stop and you balance the off idle with the cables. However on these the cable turns one side and the balance you adjust is in the linkage so there shouldn't really be any difference when you rev it and there is no way to adjust the off idle balance. If it's very far off you can split the difference between the two and see if it performs better or worse and let that be your guide.

8541Hawk 05-06-2012 09:08 PM

You forget you have two different length velocity stacks which will flow at different rates so........set it at idle ;)

eersfanpilot 05-07-2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 331785)
You forget you have two different length velocity stacks which will flow at different rates so........set it at idle ;)

Thanks, I have everything set according to the info you provided and also help from Speedkelly on here.

Appreciate all the info! Just wanted to make sure I am not overlooking something I shouldn't.