SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Rider's Gear (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/)
-   -   Why should I wear full Gear all the time? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/why-should-i-wear-full-gear-all-time-19046/)

j shizzy wizzy 06-05-2009 10:45 PM

Why should I wear full Gear all the time?

1 Attachment(s)
Because....

swaptrex 06-06-2009 09:00 AM

Amen.

I always catch shit for wearing full gear when it's 90 degrees out, but I don't care... Saying "Oh, he's putting on his snow suit again." I always say, "well, I like having skin."

jbaxx 06-06-2009 09:55 AM

Imagine a giant concrete grinding wheel spinning at 60-80 mph. Now imagine pressing your face against it as hard as you can for 5 seconds.

Any questions?

RIHDER34 06-06-2009 10:15 AM

When they start making streets out of Styrofoam ill stop wearing gear

mboe794 06-06-2009 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The last group ride I went on this chick was hanging around during the meet and greet before the ride. I never thought in a million years she was gonna be on a bike. I figured she was just there for some eye candy. Turns out she was riding backpack all day long dressed like that. She's just asking for a skin graph.

Randman 06-06-2009 12:18 PM

ATFGATFT!

jbaxx 06-06-2009 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by mboe794 (Post 220769)
The last group ride I went on this chick was hanging around during the meet and greet before the ride. I never thought in a million years she was gonna be on a bike. I figured she was just there for some eye candy. Turns out she was riding backpack all day long dressed like that. She's just asking for a skin graph.

Damn, that would be a shame to mess that all up.

Tweety 06-06-2009 12:38 PM

Very nice... To bad she has the smarts of a empty beer can... You'd think she'd want to take care of her looks if that's all she's got... Skin grafts aren't sexy...

nuhawk 06-06-2009 02:40 PM

Darwin has already determined who will wear gear and who will not. Fear not.

I got a PM from a friend that after 35 years of motorcycle racing that he finally had the opportunity to see his motorcycle flip end over end then do one of those twisting pirouettes before crashing off the track.

I wrote back, "Where the hell were you?" He responds:

I was sliding down the racetrack on my back. When I got to the edge, I slowed down and when I stopped I got up and walked over to the bike.

I'm roughed up but will go to the office nonetheless. My MIL - after these 25 years of marriage can now say (and has) "I told you so!"

:winner:

newb007 06-07-2009 03:04 PM

Turns out she was riding backpack all day long dressed like that. She's just asking for a skin graph.

Typically the rider on the back takes the beating. My Mom and Dad went down once and while he had leather on his legs, she had on jeans. When the bike went down, her knee was between the road and the weight of my Dad. Nothing but bone left after that. She hasn't been on a bike since.

Be smart, protect the rider on the back just like yourself.

L8RGYZ 06-08-2009 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Because you never know what might happen... like Saturday for instance...

j shizzy wizzy 06-08-2009 06:30 AM

wow

mikstr 06-08-2009 06:41 AM

Funny the cruiser boys have no need for the stuff (even running without helmets where they are not mandated). IMO it`s just further proof of their lack of smarts and obsession with the poser lifestyle.

Last year, when I was working as editor of a bike mag, one of the sales people hinted that one of his clients would like me to test a new "micro helmet". I told him in no uncertain terms that it was out of the question. No full-face, no ride (I would have quit had they tried to force me). Riding without a helmet (or with a micro-helmet) is proof that you have nothing worth protecting.

VTRsurfer 06-08-2009 08:25 AM

My wife and I went through a huge swarm of bees a couple of weeks ago while on a 2 lane road in the boonies east of San Diego. Splatter all over our helmets and fairings.

1/2 mile later at the junction, a Harley rider passes us going the other way wearing a 1/2 helmet and t shirt. His bike had wide bars and no windshield/fairing. We returned 30 minutes later and the bees were still there. The Harley rider was probably somewhere pulling stingers out of his face and body.

In hindsight, we should have turned around at the junction and followed him to witness the carnage.:evillaugh:

mikstr 06-08-2009 08:29 AM

Wish I could have been there to see that, lol Loser!

Jim TT 06-08-2009 08:58 AM

Damn, that would be a shame to mess that all up.
PLUS 1

Little_Horse 06-08-2009 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jim TT (Post 221160)
PLUS 1

yep, also shows you how much their boyfriends "really" care about them as well.

motojoe 06-08-2009 10:26 AM

I see guys come in the shop and get a $500 helmet, $300 jacket and $100 gloves for themselves. Then they just want a cheap helmet for their woman. No gear, just a cheap helmet. Riding pants for either? Are you kidding me?

98ILVTR 06-08-2009 10:56 AM

Smokin hot too!:eek:

Too bad she doesn't have a lick of sense; shes more of the one night stand type, LOL!:D

newb007 06-08-2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ (Post 221124)
Because you never know what might happen... like Saturday for instance...

Come on lets see pics of the rest of the gear...

Nice to see the brain bucket doing its job.

MOONSTER 06-08-2009 02:01 PM

Yea, I'll sweat anytime rather than have to deal with skin grafs or picking rocks out of my skin. I've gone down twice in 40+ yrs of riding so consider myself lucky. Last time was in Germany on a 70 mph sweeper. Thank God for full leathers & good full face helmet. Was able to get up & ride back 70 miles to the base. Was pretty sore for a while.:oops:

nath981 06-09-2009 07:39 AM

yeah, and I'll bet you were riding as close as you could hoping you could save that beautiful bare body in the event of an impending disasssster:lol:

nath981 06-09-2009 07:43 AM

i would think that anyone who has gone down hard enough and often enough will suffer the discipline to adopt the policy ATFGATFT. But I'm sure there are some...........................

L8RGYZ 06-09-2009 07:47 AM

Here's the link to our monkeyriders.com thread Duck007... it has pics of all the gear Chris (rocketman) was wearing, plus a lot of other cool pics. Enjoy.

http://www.monkeyriders.com/forums/v...r=asc&start=30

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3624/28970468.th.jpg

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7357/71583924.th.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7459/25558602.th.jpg

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4833/11441445.th.jpg

nath981 06-09-2009 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ (Post 221346)
Here's the link to our monkeyriders.com thread Duck007... it has pics of all the gear Chris (rocketman) was wearing, plus a lot of other cool pics. Enjoy.

http://www.monkeyriders.com/forums/v...r=asc&start=30

it's amazing the lengths those Superhawk riders will go to for a beer.huh/

jbaxx 06-09-2009 12:01 PM

So, your buddy Chris crashed because some dumbass didn't tie their inflatable raft down on top of their minivan?

Did they stop, or just keep going oblivious to the fact that someone was nearly killed because of their negligence?

That's just nuts.

L8RGYZ 06-09-2009 01:10 PM

You got it right.

She stopped... blamed it on the kids (3 - aged 6 to 12)... then blamed it on being a woman (her husband was in the hospital recovering from a motorcycle accident of all things)... finally blamed it on us because we were part of that terrible subset of humans called motorcyclists.

Bitch! The chief of police set her straight though.

nath981 06-09-2009 02:24 PM

I don't know the particulars of this case, but I know we all make mistakes at some point. I pulled out in front of a bike once and scared the living bejesus out of both of us, and i sitll can't believe I didn't see him(no lights on). he blended in and I just caught him peripherally. Thankfully no contact. I also confess to shit flying off my trailer when pulling open trailers. never intended, but shit happens. A significant strategy for survival is identifying and avoiding potential hazards from vehichles hauling shit, including trailers coming unhooked. We got our balls hanging out there where someone or something can take em off. the point is, we've all been on both sides of the fence in some way or another.

superhawk22 06-09-2009 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by motojoe (Post 221181)
I see guys come in the shop and get a $500 helmet, $300 jacket and $100 gloves for themselves. Then they just want a cheap helmet for their woman. No gear, just a cheap helmet. Riding pants for either? Are you kidding me?

Same thing here or you get the guy that spends the money for the good stuff and then doesn't wear it. I sold an x-11 to a guy and a couple of days later I see him wearing a $40 1/2 helmet :eek: I rode up next to him and said tom WTF, "it's just too hot man." :rolleyes: Where do you work moto?

newb007 06-09-2009 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ (Post 221346)

Ouch....