SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Rider's Gear (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/)
-   -   What kind of Rain suit do you have? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/what-kind-rain-suit-do-you-have-11494/)

Randman 05-18-2007 09:16 PM

What kind of Rain suit do you have?

I have been looking around for some raingear, don't wanna spend an arm and a leg, as it would only be busted out in case I get caught out in it...

Looking at Frogg Toggs set for $40 shipped...Anything else worth a look?

Sgt Rock 05-18-2007 09:32 PM

I don't have a rainsuit. I wear overpants and I have a Kilamanjaro III that keeps me dry in the rain, but I heard the Frogg Toggs are well worth it.

Hawkrider 05-18-2007 09:37 PM

Newenough.com has a decent selection of rain gear.

Randman 05-18-2007 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 53695)
Newenough.com has a decent selection of rain gear.

NE rocks...I just ordered a close out Joe Rocket jacket a few days ago...I am pretty sure it is water proof, or resistant...so I may skip the rain gear...the pants I have are lined., so ...hmmmm

svennis 05-31-2007 05:19 AM

I have a spidi rain suit, it is great. Drove for 8 hours in heavy rain, did not get wet.

marmaladedad 05-31-2007 09:43 PM

I typically wear my JR textile jacket. For inclemental weather, I whip out a set of windbreakers from Target (taaaar jaaaay!) that I bought for $20. It keeps all but the heaviest rain out and packs away neatly.

bluevtr 06-01-2007 10:38 AM

Another vote for Frog Toggs. I wear a full Kilimanjaro suit if I know I'm gonna be in it all day long, but it's too hot to wear, and too bulky to pack otherwise. The frog toggs are damn near totally waterproof, and if you put 'em in one of those airlock storage bags, you can get 'em down pretty small.

shawkpilot 06-01-2007 01:36 PM

Sportsmans Guide just sent me a sale flyer.....FROGG TOGGS 20 bucks!!!!
I paid almost $60 at Bass Pro and worth every penny. Thinking of buying a few more pairs just to have.

lazn 06-01-2007 02:05 PM

It doesn't rain enough here to have me ever consider getting a rain suit, and when it does rain, it monsoons, and I wouldn't ride in that.

firestorm 07-01-2007 12:25 PM

I have a full suit of Shoei i bought it a few years ago and i m ver satisfied with it :-)

Hawkrider 07-02-2007 04:24 PM

I got a set of Frogg Toggs at Americade for about $55. These are the canary yellow ones that are slightly thicker, and thus about $10 more than all the other colors. Anyways, I got to use them for the first time at the SHOG Rally and they paid for themselves the first time I used 'em. I think this was the first time I'd ever ridden in the rain and stayed completely dry. It was amazing. Best $50-something I ever spent on riding gear.

skokievtr 07-02-2007 07:11 PM

+FT

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 59578)
I got a set of Frogg Toggs at Americade for about $55. These are the canary yellow ones that are slightly thicker, and thus about $10 more than all the other colors. Anyways, I got to use them for the first time at the SHOG Rally and they paid for themselves the first time I used 'em. I think this was the first time I'd ever ridden in the rain and stayed completely dry. It was amazing. Best $50-something I ever spent on riding gear.

I have the Frogg Toggs Yellow Pro Sport Signature Regular Suit (a heavier weave versus their matt cloth) I bought from "thegearlessmachine" (jb0814@hotmail.com) on ebay for $44 including shipping. I also bought from him a DriDucks jacket/pants set for $15 including shipping, which is a thinner, much more basic suit.