SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Rider's Gear (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/)
-   -   Shark RSF-2I Helmet (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/shark-rsf-2i-helmet-17634/)

g_clarke_2008 02-21-2009 02:13 PM

Shark RSF-2I Helmet

Does anyone have one or know anything about them. I am maybe buying one from a guy on Monday. The price is right and it's never been worn, tags still on. I have researched on the web and know they are from europe but I can't find a review on that particular model. If anyone had good or bad info about this helmet please let me know. Thanks guys

2wheelust 02-21-2009 07:23 PM

I picked up the Shark RSI helmet a few months back. Not the same but yours is the next step up so.... In the research I did I couldn't find many, if any, complaints about Shark in general except price and look. -- Some of the venting can look a bit funny (With my black RSI I often feel like quoting Vadar from Star Wars in public....)-- and my experience mirrors this. No real complaints except some vanity issues... I would recommend Shark and compare it to Shoei and Arai.

Pros....
Helmet's fit and finish was great.
Comfortable, removable padding/liner. No hot-spots.
Face shield is thick, durable and clear with no distortions.
Venting is effective and quiet at the same time!! One of the quietest helmets I've owned.
ECE rating vs our SNELL (my personal preference)

Cons...
Seems to be a 'tall' helmet. No problems (airflow etc) just makes the helmet look big...
Funky looking venting (personal opinion of course)
Expensive as hell face shields. $65ish

Also check out WebBikeWorld.com helmet reviews. They reviewed a few Sharks, not sure if yours specifically, and seems to be overall impressed with Sharks products.

Sorry if this doesn't answer your exact question but hopefully it helped a bit....

g_clarke_2008 02-21-2009 10:57 PM

That helps a lot, even though it's not the same model the reviews were all good and I was looking for someone who used a shark that could pass on info on fit and finish. Thanks

Rock Storm 02-22-2009 09:34 AM

I got a Shark RSR 2 last spring and I'm very pleased so far. 2wheelust is right; Fit and finish, comfort, shield, venting, etc all good. Not sure about the RSF but my RSR has a unique tension adjustment for the shield that allows infinite adjustment so it can be opened just a little crack for some extra airflow. The shield is awesome but way to $$$.

Red_Liner740 02-22-2009 03:46 PM

I had an RSI last year and bought n RSF2i last month, wore it once (still winter here, it warmed up one day and i took out the zx7r fora quick spin) and i LOVE IT!, in fact i love Shark, too bad they wont be selling anymore in canada or US.

Full removable liners, really great visor and easy to remove visor system.

I bought the RSF2i for absolute Dirt! $129 CAN taxes in from a local shop as they were getting rid of the rest of the Sharks before new season.

i couldnt go wrong, DOT and SNELL approved, Fiberglass shell, the works...

g_clarke_2008 02-22-2009 04:07 PM

$129 is a hell of a lot better deal than I was looking at, where do you live? I think I had better renegotiate the price. Thanks for the heads up and the advice, if he'll move on the price I will grab it.

Red_Liner740 02-22-2009 04:10 PM

I'm in Toronto Ontario, to be honest, i think he messed up when he gave me the price...because its the higher model than the RSI and yet he wanted $180 for the RSI (which i paid 340 last year for). Whats he asking for

anything under 200 bucks is a great price for that helmet...

g_clarke_2008 02-22-2009 07:55 PM

I just got him down to 160 and like I said the helmet is still new with tags on. He picked it up on sale, got it home and didn't like the fit so off it goes. Any advice on a good place to get a tinted visor for it?
I have been back to TO in years, I grew up in Barrie and have now ended up in Calgary.

Red_Liner740 02-23-2009 09:19 AM

160 is a decent price, no doubt.

Remember that the helmet if new has to be REALLY snug...i made the mistake of going witha semi snug Large RSI and it loosened enough that the wind noise was becoming a nuisance. The RSF2i i got in Medium and it fits amazing. When putting it on u think it wont make it and then your head goes in and its bliss!

lol

Toronto....u're not missing much man....Mayor Miller is coming up with taxes left right and center for the Toronto area. im definitively getting a house out of the Toronto area...

g_clarke_2008 02-23-2009 12:27 PM

I picked it up at lunch time today and it's just like you said, it doesn't feel like it's going to get past my ears then you pull it the rest of the way and it's perfect. It is brand new so it will need some break in time but it feels great! thanks for the info and advice.