SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Rider's Gear (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/)
-   -   New Shark RSX lid... (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/new-shark-rsx-lid-15106/)

L8RGYZ 06-11-2008 09:00 PM

New Shark RSX lid...

Cool graphics. Super light carbon/Aramid fiber shell. Very plush interior & great fit. Half suggested retail on ebay.

My wife got it for my b-day (6/26), so I won't be wearing it til then. I'll write a review after I've taken a few day-long rides with it.

http://www.postimage.org/gx8X5pi.jpg

Springbubba 06-11-2008 09:30 PM

Nice! Happy B-Day. I look forward to your review, as I really need a new brain bucket and Ive been shopping for awhile.

Erik S. 06-12-2008 02:46 AM

Happy B-day (a little early). My son will be 5 that day, damn, time goes by quickly.

Good looking brain bucket.

zedster 06-12-2008 03:13 AM

shark rsx helmets,

hi!, hope your birthday goes great, i've had an RSX for about 6 mths now, very comfortable but it's a bit heavier than many helmets at 1600 gms, i don't find that a problem though and wouldn't think you would either, graeme.

ih8tu 06-12-2008 03:38 AM

Ive go an rsr alex barros addition its a great helmet!! happy b-day!!!!!!!!

smack doogle 06-12-2008 04:50 AM

Happy B-Day bro. Nice helmet. My b-day was the 7th. The wifey got me some Nelson-Rigg saddlebags and a Teknic tank bag. Gotta love the women who get us bike goodies.

peterpanic 06-12-2008 11:53 AM

Oh sweet irony... my son will be 27 on the 26th. He rear ended me on my Hawk Sunday afternoon on his Suzuki TL. Wheelied up behind me at a stop sign and couldn't do what it said! Both banged up a little, but of course could have been worse. My right side can went through his radiator, then we both ended up down on the right side. Suzi plastic cracked all over, I lost a can, footpeg and the only pristine plastic on my bike, the seat fairing.
Third time on the ground for my helmet so I'm wondering about the shell integrity even though it's just scratches. Need a lighter color anyway cause I'm frying my brain in it this time of year. May have just figured out what he's getting me for his birthday! Repair cash can't be considered a gift! Look forward to a review.

haknslash 06-12-2008 01:28 PM

Nice lid and happy upcoming bday!

I'll be sure to check back for your review.

L8RGYZ 06-13-2008 12:51 AM

Thanks for the good wishes guys.

Hotbrakes 06-13-2008 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Erik S. (Post 168384)
Happy B-day (a little early). My son will be 5 that day, damn, time goes by quickly.

It definitely does. L8RGYZ...Tell everyone how old you're gonna be? Come on, don't be shy...55? 65? I think the latter is closer...Haha. In his defense he is faster than me. He's like Mr. Miaggi.:nana:
Ok ok. One more. I guess they don't make glasses for people that are color blind. Blue Gear/ Red Bike????
When you post the review, I want to see a full pic of you in gear on the bike. Show off your TRUE colors. I guess we all have our quirks...

L8RGYZ 06-13-2008 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by zedster (Post 168386)
hi!, hope your birthday goes great, i've had an RSX for about 6 mths now, very comfortable but it's a bit heavier than many helmets at 1600 gms, i don't find that a problem though and wouldn't think you would either, graeme.

Graeme, I wonder if they're distributing a different helmet in NZ... according to Superbike magaxine (Aug. 2005), they weighed a medium at 1363g, making it the lightest fullface helmet of any of the major mfg.

(edit: dang Graeme, you're right! The sticker on the back of my helmet says "L 1600g", although the Shark website says 1350g (+/-50g). Not sure what's up with that. But it's still slightly lighter than the Shoei RF-1000, so weight is probably not an issue.)

L8RGYZ 06-13-2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes (Post 168496)
It definitely does. L8RGYZ...Tell everyone how old you're gonna be? Come on, don't be shy...55? 65? I think the latter is closer...Haha. In his defense he is faster than me. He's like Mr. Miaggi.:nana:
Ok ok. One more. I guess they don't make glasses for people that are color blind. Blue Gear/ Red Bike????
When you post the review, I want to see a full pic of you in gear on the bike. Show off your TRUE colors. I guess we all have our quirks...

Ok, I'll be 57, whippersnapper... grasshopper, or whatever. Ha ha!

What!!! My boots are blue???

nuhawk 06-13-2008 07:15 PM

Fashion statements on your birthday???

Happy B-day - best wishes.

Now you can tell em when they ask "how are you."

"I'm fast for an old fart!" Tell em I sent ya! Hahahha!

:thumbsup:

L8RGYZ 06-13-2008 08:19 PM

Hey, who says protection can't look good, too.

L8RGYZ 10-04-2008 07:09 PM

Got a Shark RSX back in June. I like it a lot. Very light. The outer shell is quite large, but not a problem except for a bit of buffeting at higher speeds. I've gotten used to that though.

Comfy liner, although after a full day of riding the temples of my sunglasses feel like they are fused to my head. And the ear hole hit me in a funny place.

Not all that quiet, but GREAT ventilation!

The shield is the thickest on the market & it seals well. And I really like that the shield is infinitely variable. There are no clicks and it moves up & down very smoothly. I also like that I can leave it cracked open quite a bit on hot days & get good airflow on my face, yet it doesn't seem to cause a lot of air turbulence to irritate my eyes like my KBC does.

The down side is the field of view is not as good as my KBC VR1, so I have to turn my body more to do head checks. Also, The shield is not the easiest to change. There are little levers on each side that you have to slide down. Then you have a button that's rather difficult to push to release the shield; and you have to use quite a bit of force pulling on the shield while at the same time pushing hard on the button. Still, it is doable after you get used to its quirks. Oh, and shields for this baby cost $75 - $80!

I haven't sugar-coated this review, but actually I love this helmet. It feels very protective and I like the graphics quite a bit also.