SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Rider's Gear (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/)
-   -   Helmet speakers (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/helmet-speakers-33522/)

Wolverine 09-17-2015 09:55 PM

Helmet speakers

Got a set? Whatcha wearing?

I recently had one of mine fail so it's time for a new set. No bluetooth, yet.

smokinjoe73 09-17-2015 09:59 PM

I have these. Very good sound quality, plenty loud and awesome price. Pairs easily to each other or my phone or ipod.

2 x BT Bluetooth Motorcycle motorbike Helmet Interphone Intercom Headset 800M | eBay

I have a tendency to find good stuff very inexpensively.

skokievtr 09-17-2015 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 390578)
Got a set? Whatcha wearing?

I recently had one of mine fail so it's time for a new set. No bluetooth, yet.

UCLEAR sells separate speakers that have nothing to do with their bluetooth headset system that are excellent for the money available at numerous websites and ebay for $40 including
Shipping

Wolverine 09-18-2015 05:58 AM

Thanks both! My local Cycle Gear may stock the Uclear. Look good on paper so I'll give 'em the shot.
I really wanna go BT but haven't done the research yet and don't quite have the funds to spend (other projects taking priority).

tomb393 09-18-2015 03:01 PM

+ 1 on the Uclear

I use Cardo Scala Rider Q3 Bluetooth connected to the Uclear HDS10 helmet speakers in my HJC helmet. It's a great combination. The Uclear has far greater sound quality than the speakers that came with the Q3. I recently bought a Scorpion helmet that has better air flow but is noisy and I use earbuds to block the noise. Bluetooth is the way to go for me. Being tethered to my phone got old.

smokinjoe73 09-18-2015 09:13 PM

The BT I linked to is @ $40 for one helmet. I have had mine a few years trouble free and its BT. That's pretty cheap admission.

Badboy01 09-22-2015 07:47 PM

Picked up a pair of U-clear HDS-110 speakers from Cycle Gear based on the prior threads, and they are fantastic! Incredible sound, even at higher speeds, and more comfortable than ear buds. I also own a pair of wireless headphones, but the U-clear speakers blow them away. When riding, I am trying to escape the phone, so hearing clear, quality sound is the most important thing for me. I am still notified of important calls based on my custom ring-tones, and stop to pick up if a priority, basically the wife or a client! Thanks to forum again....

matt365 09-22-2015 07:57 PM

Scala G9x.

Works like a charm. Battery life is pretty decent. Auxiliary input and Bluetooth connectivity.

You guys have me thinking about trying a set of these U-clear speakers... hmmm, how much better can they be?

I don't know how I rode without the headset before... years with nothing but my own thoughts. That is nice and all, but having the option to listen to my music, make phone calls, and talk with my riding buddies is pretty sweet... and if I want to tune it all out, it has an off button...

Big_Jim59 09-22-2015 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by skokievtr (Post 390580)
UCLEAR sells separate speakers that have nothing to do with their bluetooth headset system that are excellent for the money available at numerous websites and ebay for $40 including
Shipping

I have a Uclear set up and recently ordered a second set of helmet speakers for my new helmet. They were cheap and I got the directly from Uclear.

I love being able to pick up a call while I am riding.

tomb393 09-22-2015 08:52 PM

Uclear HDS10

UClear HDS10 High Definition Speakers (Compatible with iPhone and Android OS) | Speaker Review

I'd say the sound quality is tremendous. I stopped at the Uclear booth at the Progressive show last year but wasn't interested in their bluetooth units because they have a custom jack that only accepts their speakers. I knew the Cardo Q3 has a 3.5mm jack which will accept most headphone / earbud options. Once the guy realized I wasn't buying their unit he said I had to try his new HD helmet speakers that will plug into a phone. I was blown away and scooped them right up. I am very fussy about sound quality and these are the only speakers that allow me to abort earbuds and all the hassle they entail. These are too loud even on the highway. I can't take full volume and I'm the kind of guy that stands in front of the speakers at shows. They have a nice clean and rich sound and heavy bass.

They are designed with a 3.5 audio plug to plug into a phone but without the extension, the short chord (3.5 plug also) plugs into my Scala Q3 bluetooth. My phone is paired and mounted into my steering yoke with a Ram Mount X-grip. I might get better navigation with a GPS Unit but I keep it simple and use my phone for everything. I can follow GPX routes in Osmand, get somewhere fast using Waze or roam around with no cell signal using Copilot GPS. I can't tell you how many times one touch for weather radar saved my ass without having to pull over. I don't use the phone often when riding but it comes in handy like being able to call home when I'm a block away and have someone hit the garage door opener so I can sail right in.

Being fully connected and wireless is really nice but one thing I have not found is a good way to utilize the touch screen. I've tried the liquids on the glove fingertips and they don't last. I tried the capacitive strips and they don't last either. I hear the bluetooth gloves don't last and read bad reviews about the capacitive thread. The only thing I know of that is always reliable for activating touch screens are farkle fingers (boots that fit over glove tips like a finger condom) but the elastic wears out and they stick to Velcro. I'm always adjusting them.

If anyone knows a better option, please enlighten me.

tomb393 09-22-2015 09:01 PM

I concur

Originally Posted by matt365 (Post 390732)
Scala G9x.

Works like a charm. Battery life is pretty decent. Auxiliary input and Bluetooth connectivity.

You guys have me thinking about trying a set of these U-clear speakers... hmmm, how much better can they be?

I don't know how I rode without the headset before... years with nothing but my own thoughts. That is nice and all, but having the option to listen to my music, make phone calls, and talk with my riding buddies is pretty sweet... and if I want to tune it all out, it has an off button...

I know what you mean. I've been using headphones for a while but I finally went Bluetooth this year. Another nice thing to make the highway miles go by fast when heading for the hills are podcasts. A couple WTF's and boom - I'm there.

I also agree it's nice to just shut it all down and get lost too.

matt365 09-23-2015 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by tomb393 (Post 390738)
I know what you mean. I've been using headphones for a while but I finally went Bluetooth this year. Another nice thing to make the highway miles go by fast when heading for the hills are podcasts. A couple WTF's and boom - I'm there.

I also agree it's nice to just shut it all down and get lost too.

A buddy of mine is into his audio books. Rode down to the dragon from Ontario listening to his "Game of Thrones" audio books the whole way... Worked for him, and ate up the miles.

ren 09-23-2015 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by matt365 (Post 390760)
A buddy of mine is into his audio books. Rode down to the dragon from Ontario listening to his "Game of Thrones" audio books the whole way... Worked for him, and ate up the miles.

I started book 4 on my commute (~15min there and ~20 back each day) and it's been MONTHS of listening. Really works out. Going to add in some podcasts soon

I actually pay MORE attention riding when listening to audiobooks/podcasts rather than with music

COLE 09-23-2015 10:16 PM

Motocomm Thumper 2 Helmet Speakers - RevZilla
if you want just speakers, old school, I bought inline volume adjuster from radio shack for 10 bucks; if want to go high tech Sena SMH10r is cleanest looking and performs well, Scala G9x performs great but not as clean looking. What is your budget?

Wolverine 09-24-2015 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 390583)
My local Cycle Gear may stock the Uclear. Look good on paper so I'll give 'em the shot.
I really wanna go BT but haven't done the research yet and don't quite have the funds to spend (other projects taking priority).

paulmx5 10-01-2015 10:13 PM

I have the J&M Elite Headset on my Arai helmet. Decent product, and I have no complaints about the audio quality.

FTL900 10-02-2015 12:18 PM

I saw a project that involved stitching thread thru the glove fingertip to make it touch screen capable. I promptly ordered the thread and then did exactly nothing with it.

Here's the scoop on how to do it.

jerryh 10-02-2015 02:36 PM

wile e coyote

I don't have enough wrist disipline (?) to listen to hard rock and ride hard. If I ride medium my mind wanders and I get into trouble, same for offroad. Best bet for me is to keep the heat on and concentrate. I've tried buds and blue tooth, I'm just not cut out for it. Sure would be great to take calls!

Upland111 10-02-2015 06:56 PM

On our Lassen trip this year with my Bro and another friend, we were linked up with the U-Clears and they work and sound pretty clear.....IF you follow the pairing instructions To-The-Tee. I wear the molded ear plugs and I can still hear well up to about 70 mph. No problems around town which is usually where they are used the most.
My friend had these gloves
Touch-Screen Elkskin Ropers :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear
and he liked them for using his GPS. I also use a GPS but prefer better protection for my hands. Surprisingly I had no problems with my Alpinestar GP Pro gloves. So there you go!

tomb393 10-03-2015 06:03 AM

me too

Originally Posted by FTL900 (Post 390981)
I saw a project that involved stitching thread thru the glove fingertip to make it touch screen capable. I promptly ordered the thread and then did exactly nothing with it.

Here's the scoop on how to do it.

My thread is sitting on a table to remind me to try it on an old pair of gloves. Thanks for the scoop.

tomb393 10-03-2015 06:10 AM

gloves

Originally Posted by Upland111 (Post 390987)
On our Lassen trip this year with my Bro and another friend, we were linked up with the U-Clears and they work and sound pretty clear.....IF you follow the pairing instructions To-The-Tee. I wear the molded ear plugs and I can still hear well up to about 70 mph. No problems around town which is usually where they are used the most.
My friend had these gloves
Touch-Screen Elkskin Ropers :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear
and he liked them for using his GPS. I also use a GPS but prefer better protection for my hands. Surprisingly I had no problems with my Alpinestar GP Pro gloves. So there you go!

Ptotection first / touch screen last

stacyhoffman 05-14-2023 02:54 PM

Scala G9x.

I don't know how I rode without the headset before... years with nothing but my own thoughts. That is nice and all, but having the option to listen to my music, make phone calls, and talk with my riding buddies is pretty sweet https://bikerwhizz.com/best-motorcycle-helmet-speakers/... and if I want to tune it all out, it has an off button...

anyone have any experience with these helmet speakers? IASUS Premium Audio Motorcycle Helmet Speakers

stacyhoffman 05-30-2023 06:46 PM

Scala G9x.

I don't know how I rode without the headset before motorcycle helmets with bluetooth and gps... years with nothing but my own thoughts. That is nice and all, but having the option to listen to my music, make phone calls, and talk with my riding buddies is pretty sweet... and if I want to tune it all out, it has an off button...

Anyone have any experience with a full face bluetooth enabled helmet? Went down on the 2nd and need a new helmet now, was thinking about a bluetooth enabled so i dont needa mess with ear buds for my music anymore. Wondering if any1 has any input on sound quality etc.

Wolverine 06-01-2023 04:02 PM

I've been using Sena's for years now. Started with the 10s, which was great and still have one on my Nicky Hayden Arai. Got the SRL when I got the Shoei GTAir. Then a while back I swapped for the SRL2. Wife has the SRL1 in her helmet. All my riding friends have the 50 whatever..