Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

can't move in my leather pants.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 03:32 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
can't move in my leather pants.

I have been riding in full gear minus pa ts for a long time. But I bought some ll version of some ml pants that were close. They clipped but too tight.
These came online. They were ll For japan. I put em on somehow. They closed up good and I'm nowhere near full waist. But I can't open my legs enough to go knee down or even attempt to. Also the ankles when the pad is on my knee are way too tight.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:52 PM
Back Marker

Kelevra is on a distinguished road
Grapefruit diet? Starting.... now.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Superstock

Killemall is on a distinguished road
10lbs less on the girth will make you gain 1 sec/lap. Best of all mods.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
lol, saw the headline and have to say that i have a hard time moving in every pair of pants i own
Old 04-28-2017, 03:13 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
I started using small key ring loops through the button hole, then around the button. Gives me about 3/4-1".
Old 04-28-2017, 05:39 PM
Superstock

To answer posts. I am on the celeberry 24 hr cleanse diet daily. I feel so clean and empty! But my bathroom smells like Mexican and death.

To be serious. I'm all muscle and not much of it. My waist is good but my calves feel like hell. Also when I'm crouched up I feel like I can't shoot my knee off to hang off properly. I have massive chickens on my tire and I'm trying to ride better hence why I bought the pants. Turns out they are racing type leathers with no zipper...... I wanted over pants for going to work. Neway yeah I'm wearing them all the time to break em in but I think I'm going to have them tailored a pinch adding some to the crotch and upper calf. They fit like the fat girl ya slept with drunk and you wake up suffocatig... Maybe its normal idk.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:40 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Tailoring leather pants is prohibitively expensive. You'd be better off selling them and going on a racing forum and getting a better fitting size.

Also, all racers wear wicking undersuits. Like under armor stuff or cycling pants. Helps the pants slide on you. Try that first.

I also found stretching and yoga made me faster on track than just working out.

Helps you do this......
Attached Thumbnails can't move in my leather pants.-joeyrossi.jpg  
Old 04-29-2017, 08:04 AM
Superstock

Ya actually I wore em in bed a few hours and went for a walk in em and now they feel more normal. I thought I got underpants but they sure aren't. Ya know I saw twist of the wrist and it made me a Mich better rider. Trying to fight the panic as my bike is set up decent now I got the tensioners in. I need some frame sliders and track time. I tell you what though hangine off properly and not closing the throttle helped me a ton. But as you said yoga. It stretches you and the leather. I've only had em two days so I'm sure they'll stretch a little more.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Squid

eatpasta is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RedStormJ
cant move in my leather pants.
there goes your Rock God career.

In all honesty, leather takes years to break in. Its gotta get hot, cold, hot, cold all while you're wearing them. Then wet, dry, hot, wet, cold etc.

I have had an alpinestars jacket for ~10 years and it finally fits my body perfectly, like a glove.

I would say go get a good pair of kevlar riding jeans and dont even sweat the leather pants. Or a Roadcrafter suit
Old 09-16-2017, 09:21 AM
Back Marker

I have the same Vanson racing leathers for the past 20 years, and yes, they did take a bit of time to break-in, between sleeping in them, and rolling down grass hills. Although a bit snug around the midriff, they are keepers..
Old 09-21-2017, 05:49 AM
Superstock

Finally broke them in yesterday. I left them under the dirty laundry pile... Yes we are pigs... It gets done every 4 days.... But that and about 3,000 miles and I dont take em off until I get too hot or realize I am about to teach a bunch of 13year old girls in my leathers. LOL

Kinda funny but true:
I actually taught an adult class in my leathers once. I got a phone number dropped to me and that was the last time I wore em. Ya see I got this inviable chain to my ring finger.. Someone figure out how to slip it off sometimes and Ill pay you a months salary.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:44 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
There is also lexol conditioner and leather stretching stuff for shoes and baseball gloves that would help.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Superstock

Its all set. I do want to condition them soon. They been out in a few rains with me. The only thing is sitting at the bar I gotta undo the belt cuz it rubs my stomach I lost two kilos. BTW: The bar is feet from my house the worst I could do is drive it through the neighbors front door. I also dont get loaded on the bike maybe a beer or a few shots then straight to the garage.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:05 PM
Back Marker

Red face

Originally Posted by RedStormJ
Kinda funny but true:
I actually taught an adult class in my leathers once. I got a phone number dropped to me and that was the last time I wore em.
Guy or girl?

hahahaha
Old 10-30-2017, 09:33 PM
Superstock

She was hot man but you cant do That at work! We had issues in the past with that stuff. Thats when I was full time. I work for me now and do what I want.