SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Rider's Gear (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/)
-   -   Boot decision? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/boot-decision-14776/)

Micah 05-13-2008 06:51 AM

Boot decision?

I want to get a pair of riding boots and I have narrowed it down to the Sidi B-2 boot or the Teknic Violator boot. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with either boot and which one they would suggest? I'm just on the fence about both.

Thanks, Micah.

RocketBabe923 05-13-2008 07:43 AM

I know Sidi makes great motocross boots.... no experience with street.

But I have a pair of the Teknic Violator boots and I love them!

The zipper is short (so less chance of it breaking or coming apart which is what happened to my Vision Boots). The zipper is covered by a nice leather velco piece then another above it to close your boot.

The shin area is totally adjustable you can make that area tighter or looser. There is an adjustable buckle over the arch of your foot. The leather is very soft and good quality the little protector thingies (yes that is a technical term) are replacable. Slight bend to the ankle so it's confortable when riding. And walking around in them is good too!

I love my violators! :cool:

trackdayhawk 05-13-2008 09:15 AM

Sidi B-2's are a very nice medium price race boot. good protection (don't ask) Sliders at the toe, ankle, and shin are replaceable with a philips screwdriver. Check out www.Newenough.com (no connection)

Micah 05-13-2008 09:42 AM

I also have had Sidi in the MX style riding 4-wheelers and I loved them, but motorcycle-superstore.com has the Violators for $180. I just want to make sure I get a good boot because I will be stuck with whatever I pick for a long time, or until I crash and bust'em up.

Thanks for the help

lazn 05-13-2008 09:55 AM

I know for me I can't comfortably wear a "proper" full boot. I purchased a decent pair of boots and couldn't get used to the reduced mobility in my ankle and I figured a boot I wouldn't wear was worse than one that provided less protection.. So I got some Frank Thomas 1/2 height street boots, I know they don't provide as much protection as one that goes up my shin, but they are better than just wearing tennis shoes and are comfortable enough for me to use every time I ride.

RocketBabe923 05-13-2008 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Micah (Post 164309)
I also have had Sidi in the MX style riding 4-wheelers and I loved them, but motorcycle-superstore.com has the Violators for $180. I just want to make sure I get a good boot because I will be stuck with whatever I pick for a long time, or until I crash and bust'em up.

Thanks for the help

That is a good price... I paid more! :D

VTRsurfer 05-31-2008 09:36 PM

I had a problem with ankle mobility as well and returned the boots. I couldn't shift. I don't remember the brand.

Then I tried on a pair of Dainese Torque Out boots at a Ducati dealer. Flexibility is great and the toe is thinner. I didn't even have to adjust the shift lever.

I can't believe that I rode for 26 years and over 150,000 miles wearing sneakers.

Micah 06-01-2008 06:02 AM

People just don't think about their feet. I know I'm guilty of it.

netav8tor 06-01-2008 07:58 AM

I looked for boots for a long time. I own sidi vertigo corsas. I can not comment on the other ones. The only thing I know is how fragile the human foot is. My personal criterion was for a over the shin boot to protect tibia and fibula bones, calcaneus bone, dorsiflexion, plantar flexion, metatarsal movement but not hyperextension. In addition a boot tight enough not to blow off in a crash, it’s not going to do me any good if it comes off at speed. I do not know if the boots I have will crash well but they meet a good deal of my criterion. Paid a little over 300.00 from http://www.extremesupply.com/ spoke to Alex, and I had to bargain for the price. alpinestars supertech boots look good too.

Zorbavtr04 06-01-2008 08:33 AM

I have SIDI vertebra, vertebraII, and vertico (full of ventilating holes). I think the B2 is
a vertebra without the protective plates on the back of the boot. If so they have a
very tight feel and restric your foot I have no problem shifting or braking but YMMV.
If you could try them on walk a little and see how your body reacts that would be
good. The importer motonation.com (no connection) will allow you to try them on a
carpet and return if you don't like them. I bought all of mine on sale from them.
Vertebra was $125 when the VertebraII came out and II was 175 when vertigo
came out. The vertigo air was 250.