SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Rider's Gear (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/)
-   -   ATGATT (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/atgatt-19486/)

5150 07-10-2009 09:07 PM

ATGATT

What is every ones opinion of all the gear all the time?

I know a guy who says he ATGATT and he wears levi's while riding.

So head to toe, every ones opinion please on ATGATT. thanks.

oahu hawk 07-10-2009 09:47 PM

Full face helmet, motorcycle jacket (leather or textile) with appropriate armor, motorcycle gloves, leather pants or kevlar jeans with appropriate armor, motorcycle boots...

Corona Hawk 07-10-2009 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ATGATT

jbaxx 07-10-2009 10:51 PM

All means all. Look it up.

CentralCoaster 07-10-2009 11:15 PM

I'm a slacker. I only wear my riding pants on canyon runs, not for commuting.

Although on vacation last week, I fixed this bike so I could ride it around, and made a cupholder for my beer. Later I moved it to the clutch hand so I could refresh while riding more easily.

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/t...a304Custom.jpg

CentralCoaster 07-10-2009 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Corona Hawk (Post 226346)
ATGATT

Nice pic, lol.

Here's me racing at Laguna Seca:

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/phot...s_5576953.jpeg

RuthlessButcher 07-11-2009 05:48 AM

Freakin hilarious Thanks guys

nfbzike 07-11-2009 07:44 AM

i recently had heart surgeory and am on coumadin (blood thinner) for the rest of my hopefully lengthy life. The whole thing got me thinking more and more about safety. I guess with thin blood i stand a good chance of bleeding out in a wreck. I now wear draggin jeans (kevlar reinforced), Gloves, good helmet, leather jacket, leather boots that go over my ankle, and knee/shin guards under my pants. Any while all of this probably will never get used, its confidence inspiring knowing its there. It gets a little hot but, id rather be uncomfortable and hot than getting blood transfussions for road rash.

cliby 07-11-2009 08:26 AM

armored jacket/pants/boots/gloves/helmet/earplugs. After awhile riding that way you really feel vulnerable with less. Its ironic because in crashes that would kill you (high speed differential impacts), none of the gear matters much in reality. But at all those low speed ones (most crashes), the gear will save you endless amount of pain and recovery. And its those lower speed rides that people skimp on what they wear or make excuses. I look down at my jeans when I don't wear the riding pants and think of how much skin I'm risking in a simple get-off, or ankle bone etc etc. The gear can mean walking away or limping along for a long recovery. Its why something like a one-piece aerostitch is such a nice all round riding outfit - easy on/off over shorts and a t-shirt or work clothes.

5150 07-11-2009 05:16 PM

thank you guys. the participation is well received.

HawkFanatic 07-11-2009 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a warning for those cool with jeans....

rhorsley 07-11-2009 11:25 PM

ATTGATT

Originally Posted by cliby (Post 226382)
armored jacket/pants/boots/gloves/helmet/earplugs. After awhile riding that way you really feel vulnerable with less. Its ironic because in crashes that would kill you (high speed differential impacts), none of the gear matters much in reality. But at all those low speed ones (most crashes), the gear will save you endless amount of pain and recovery. And its those lower speed rides that people skimp on what they wear or make excuses. I look down at my jeans when I don't wear the riding pants and think of how much skin I'm risking in a simple get-off, or ankle bone etc etc. The gear can mean walking away or limping along for a long recovery. Its why something like a one-piece aerostitch is such a nice all round riding outfit - easy on/off over shorts and a t-shirt or work clothes.

Too true. Once in a while I'll go for a ride with some friends and I'm the only one wearing a jacket, boots, gloves, etc. They give me crap about it, but after 25 years on two wheels, I've learned from my mistakes and those of others. This last July 4th, it was hot and I roasted, but I felt a lot better as we passed two separate riders being loaded into ambulances on Ortega Highway. If you're not wearing the right gear, you might as well be naked.

gboezio 07-12-2009 04:37 AM

I'm a former T-shirt rider and after kissing the track last year, it reinforced my beliefs, my textile and thin glove leather have burned through at about 55 MPH, I can't imagine what it is at 175 MPH, got to look like a chunk of meat on a hook, not good.
Make the nicest gift to a rider, make him understand.

That said for a milk run (35 zone 1/4 mile) or main street show off :lol: I still go out naked on hot summer so I'm not a pure AGATT, but I'm going home dress up to get out of our little town. When summer cools down I'm back to AGATT.
Bitching at the traffic lights, going down a clogged main street to get off the bike here and there with a thick leather jacket fearing a heat stroke is wrecking my ride, common sense is my rule.

sideshow 07-12-2009 10:15 AM

After a pretty serious get off in the dirt,on my dirt bike, whilst wearing a T shirt at a reasonable speed 114kph I lost part of the tattoos on my shoulder blades somewhere in the dirt, since then I wear in Summer leather jacket, spine protector, leather gloves minimum kevlar jeans and full length boots, and in winter a Codura jacket and pants, all fully armoured, id hate to see the skin i would have lost on the bitumen, and then..............
I came off my VTR about three weeks ago with all my gear on, skidded down the rd on my arse and shoulder and all i got was a broken hand and dislocated thumb, but no skin off....I had all my gear on.
SS

Tweety 07-12-2009 01:16 PM

When I'm going somewhere where I can't swap clothes or if just going a short hop through town I'll compromise and use the draggin jeans with kneepads underneath (not theirs though, I use a pair meant for skaters... It's not CE armour, but a danged sight more comfortable and good protection...)

Other than that I'm ATGATT... including spine protector... No compromise on that what so ever... It feels decidely wrong even sitting on the bike unless I'm in gear...

steve.g 07-12-2009 05:43 PM

Full face helmet,jacket,gloves,boots. Do skip a little as I usually wear jeans, but have riding pants on my birthday/christmas list. My problem is finding gear that fits good.My waist size is 28" and most manufacturers start their sizing at 30" waist, so I need to eat more cheeseburgers!
Seriously, a lot of riders where I live wear NO protective gear at all, especially the younger sportbike crowd. I know a couple of them and preach constantly, but it falls on deaf ears. My oldest friend is an RN, few years back he went into a ladies hospital room to check on her and found her paralised from the chest down. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, reached forward to get her slippers and fell. Struck her head on a carpeted floor and is now handicapped for the rest of her life. ATGATT... saves lives.

nuhawk 07-12-2009 07:00 PM

ATGATT - only

I have to show up at social and business occasions on the Superhawk. These are near-in locations. It's hot here right now!

I do my measurements and client interface before noon.

Other functions that are later in the day, mesh rules.

You hot? You only as hot as hot! Stay in shape and drink your liquids.

And your OJ

nuhawk 07-12-2009 07:15 PM

Oops, the list:

Fox Racing Youth Knee/shin protectors - I'm a little guy - the adult sizes "grip" my jeans. These fall clean.

Jackets-full armor - 40F to 105F

Under Armor Hot weather undies/Fieldsheer Windsuit for Cold

Full Race Gloves

Race/Street Boots

A new Bell Star if I could find one

But full face and full tint until

steve.g 07-13-2009 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster (Post 226361)
Nice pic, lol.

Here's me racing at Laguna Seca:

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/phot...s_5576953.jpeg

Nice one! lol... I love TT, great game. :)

RPV-Hawk 07-14-2009 08:56 AM

Add in Helmet and gloves and this is my version of ATGATT

http://www.random00.com/images/dancingman3.gif

jaypo 07-18-2009 04:55 PM

This is what I do when I want go riding....subtle hint to the wife

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0004_large.jpg