SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   RANT! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/)
-   -   UPS, GRR! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/ups-grr-21110/)

lazn 12-24-2009 07:24 PM

UPS, GRR!

I just have to say: I hate UPS. (at least locally they suck)

They delivered a package to a neighbor even after I signed their note to allow them to leave it on my porch. Grr. Now I have to bug them on Christmas.

FedEx never has any issues, and it is easy to get the package from them if I miss it.. But UPS is always a hassle.

killer5280 12-24-2009 08:03 PM

The other day the UPS guy tried to deliver a package to me that was intended for my next door neighbor. I corrected him and then asked him about a package I knew was on his truck that was for me. "No, I don't have that one on the truck. I guess I'll deliver it Monday." I asked him if he would just check real quick and, whaddayaknow, it was on the truck.
Honestly, I don't think the young guys can even read on a 6th grade level.

captainchaos 12-24-2009 08:45 PM

Recently my best friend never got a package they insisted they delivered. He has the UPS truck on video (he has cameras all over his house after being robbed about a year ago) driving past his house and never stopping at the exact time they say they delivered...I wish I had everything like that on video, that kind of power is priceless

inderocker 12-24-2009 08:48 PM

I ship A LOT of packages, and they all have their problems , but I refuse to ship anything via FedEx They are the digestive system of the package world... what goes in looking good comes out looking like $h!t. I've got a buddy that works for UPS, he says they are terribly understaffed (at least at the Prescott Valley branch, and they're treated like crap... so he says. I don't use them unless it's a very large package. My coin goes to USPS... the lesser of the evils. ;)

inderocker 12-24-2009 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 247990)
I wish I had everything like that on video, that kind of power is priceless

AMEN! ;)

CentralCoaster 12-28-2009 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by inderocker (Post 247992)
I ship A LOT of packages, and they all have their problems , but I refuse to ship anything via FedEx They are the digestive system of the package world... what goes in looking good comes out looking like $h!t.

I've heard the same from some of the shipping stores (that aren't franchised.)

But my experience is completely the opposite. If I'm ever given the option for Fedex, even at a somewhat higher price, I always pick it over UPS.

I have way too many bad experiences with damaged stuff from UPS. And they like to blame everything on packaging. Even if you pay the store to pack it, and insure it, and it breaks, they'll still blame you for the packaging.

If you have an insurance claim with them, good luck sucka.

Also it seems like the drivers are confused and think they're in a nascar race. I lived near a stop sign at my last place, and the UPS guy seemed to be doing a threshold braking test every time he got to the intersection.

skoshere 12-28-2009 08:51 PM

What I dont like about UPS is they will hold a package if it is ahead of schedule. when you watch the tracking and its in town, but takes 3 days to deliver, something is up. I am partial to USPS as they dont seem to screw around as much.

CentralCoaster 12-28-2009 08:55 PM

The USPS delivers my neighbors' shit to me on a weekly basis. 4 of them. I don't trust they know how to read English, let alone deliver packages. I wrote my fucking name on my mailbox in big letters and even approach them about it on occasion.