SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   RANT! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/)
-   -   People are stupid! About my work with children. (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/people-stupid-about-my-work-children-34270/)

RedStormJ 11-10-2016 06:11 AM

People are stupid! About my work with children.

Jesus Christ, ( I am much worse than a blasphemer outside of my job. Ill offend anyone with my mouth.) I have been living here a Fking year and I herd the school was having issues retaining students. We have under 100. In a combined elementary and Middle school. My big dumb a** made television because I volunteer there due to the lack of students. FREE FREE FREE. I make money out of it because parents become interested in my tutoring service. Well.
My idea was this: An English all stars after school program in the gym or a class room. Right? Ages 6-10 one day and 11 and up another day. Just some english games and activities for the children to actually speak more than computer programmed phrases I teach at my main job and the $*** they learn at school. So they can actually speak like kids. And of course homework help. I expected to have big brother always watching to make sure I don't get too handy and fondle any kiddies. Because lets face it Pedophiles lurk at schools. I am not a parent but I raised my nieces and I have a degree of caution when it comes to such things. Especially after my other uncle was convicted of raping my mentally handicapped niece while I was in the army. (I did hunt him mind you cops got him first. Lucky twat.)
Well here is the plan. They are going to dump me in a class full of mostly girls 1 boy assisted for a while by someone else they do not know but I do for a while and pretty much no supervision. The person I know wont always be there. To this I say are you FKING NUTS! My resume includes paid murder and I had zero time as a teacher before this. My problem is that they trust a total stranger that much. I cant even remember my bosses face at this program. Oh it gets better. Its off school at the edge of town. They made the right choice with me but for F**** sake there have been a rash of bad things happening to children around this area you would think educators would be a bit more cautious. Especially since I am offering my services for free. Also turns out they are paying me on the books for this. I just feel like They have no concern over such a thing. At my real job I am on camera sometimes just to check the situation and we have staff that inspects each room constantly until they are comfortable with you.
I just don't know what they are thinking dumping a stranger with kids. Also it went from me passing a ball to the kids just talking to a full blown daycare. I just wanted to help the schools image. Now Its looking like I am working for the city... My wife just told me and my first thought was the above. Are they stupid?
Ill do my best.

CrankenFine 11-10-2016 07:03 AM

Maybe you should (tactfully) express your very understandable discomfort with the proposed working environment to the administrators.

RedStormJ 11-10-2016 10:03 AM

No I am fine. Plus it seems that when you mention something people here just think you are incapable.
Its just a real crap shoot that they allow total strangers to work alone with children. Theres more to it than that. There was a rash of child abuse in public schools in this prefecture. Aka the equivalent of a state.

I just think administrators should stay much more cautious. I have also whitnessed some odd behavior from kids I have been working with. Best I can do is tell my wife but even she dont get it.

Its like no one cares. Who knows maybe if I work there long enough I can push for our schools to be a bit more protective. Its a whole culture thing. Hard to explain until you live here. Small I mean small children walk home every day rain snow or dead heat.

I just had to post my complaints somewhere to someone. I told my wife and she just stared at me. She said there is no reason to worry because they know this family and thats why im trustworthy... Ok I know my co workers too and I wouldnt let them teach my kids if I had any. Thats another complaint. My co workers hate kids. Why be a teacher if you hate kids!?

Wicky 11-10-2016 10:46 AM

I understnd your concerns - here in the UK you've got to have had criminal record background checks to work with anyone under 18 after this case https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soham_murders when the school caretaker murdered two 10 year old girls.

I've been a school governor at an infant school (5–7) for now almost 10 years and have had full background checks but even then it is inconcievable to be left alone with any pupils. Plus having your back covered with an assistant / chaperone works both ways - as on a visit there once, there was a girl 7 who was very overly touchy feely friendly with me, apparently her mother has lots of 'boyfriends' so she behaves quite uninhibited around men she barely knows. Glad there were staff around so I could extract myself pronto.

Raise your concerns with the school board / management.

Fastguy59 11-10-2016 03:54 PM

Great advice Wicky!!

RedStormJ 11-10-2016 07:54 PM

If it was the US or UK it would be easy. here in japan you have to be around for many years to get respect. Its very
backdated. I have a student like that ilin my Private line. But her mother is there so I am not as concerned. Part of it may be funding. Thete is a piece of rope holding the nursery school gate shut. The lock rotted away years ago. Good news is the Main school is is great condition. The vp often checks in class and everyone is just real friendly. I cant tactifully engage the situation until I have earned my stripes. :( My wife wont even back me. Its basically shut up do a great job and go home. Im afraid if I say something they will think I dont want the work. Ill try to mention it over tine. I just blew a gasket yesterday. I know some of these kids real well and dont want anything to happen. Its the mindset that bugs me. My wife got followed home one time when she was a kid. Im out a lot on the bike and the new police officer here is good but its the program im in that worrys me. kids can go unsupervised many places including outside.

RedStormJ 11-10-2016 07:55 PM

Btw thanks for the advice. I just gotta be careful. Nothing is ever wrong here until you say it is then your the wrong one.....

Wolverine 11-11-2016 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by RedStormJ (Post 399477)
it seems that when you mention something people here just think you are incapable.

This is usually the case (forum wise), especially considering most of us here do not really know you that well.
IMO what is happening... people are giving an opposite side of the spectrum view to broaden your scope of the situation. Tough love if you will.

Wicky 11-11-2016 05:57 PM

I took it to mean 'here' means Japan/workplace rather than the forum here...

Are US schools more comparatively tighter on child protection than the way Red describes how things operate in the example of his workplace?

RedStormJ 11-12-2016 01:44 AM

Us schools are wayyyy safer. And I meant here as in Japan. In the us most schools have a lock with camera entry. The elementary school here has that. The kindergarten does not. Most schools in the US have on alert janitors or full time security even police. Here there are no doors on the rooms at the elementary school and at the kindergarten they have doors but everything is unlocked both ways students often wander outside. Think like 1950's and you hit the schools on the head except for the state of the art entry door.
Another rant I have is I got an email from the secretary today at my "Real job." I got caught yawning. Sorry man its cold and I am tired. Yawning.... I also need to prepare more for one of my lessons because Kids were crawling on the floor and there were two minutes left and I said no its ok go. Two minutes kids are on the floor.... Just eat me. Thats what I want to tell them. My real job is like working for a communist regime from the movies. I literally have to take a camera to my lessons because my boss does not trust the secretary there.... I feel like its illegal. But I am not a citizen so... Yeah.