SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   RANT! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/)
-   -   Are isolator clamps really that special???? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/isolator-clamps-really-special-33335/)

8541Hawk 07-05-2015 05:41 PM

Are isolator clamps really that special????

They must be because you sure are hell can't get one around here.

Here it is a week after I had one break while swapping carb isolators, yeah I know I should have order a new set but hey I'm old and forgot.

Anyways call the dealer, we'll order it but don't know when it will be here.
Go on line and order a set from a place that claim to have stuff in stock, get an e-mail fri.....they should ship wed or thurs.....

Go back on line find one on ebay that isn't from a place I have already ordered from,,,,get an email today...sorry can't find it.......

So it looks like 2 weeks of no transportation, as the bike is all I have, over a bloody band clamp.

Sometimes this shit is just silly.

smokinjoe73 07-05-2015 06:07 PM

What? Just for a dumb old clamp? You meant the hose clamp type one that holds the carbs on?

mikstr 07-05-2015 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 388171)
They must be because you sure are hell can't get one around here.

Here it is a week after I had one break while swapping carb isolators, yeah I know I should have order a new set but hey I'm old and forgot.

Anyways call the dealer, we'll order it but don't know when it will be here.
Go on line and order a set from a place that claim to have stuff in stock, get an e-mail fri.....they should ship wed or thurs.....

Go back on line find one on ebay that isn't from a place I have already ordered from,,,,get an email today...sorry can't find it.......

So it looks like 2 weeks of no transportation, as the bike is all I have, over a bloody band clamp.

Sometimes this shit is just silly.

how about a two-month wait for crank and bearings?......

thedeatons 07-05-2015 09:10 PM

Have you ever replaced your rubber intake boots? If so, did you notice a difference in the way the bike ran?

James

kenmoore 07-06-2015 02:27 AM

I replaced mine with all new clamps as a precaution when I did a lot of engine work.

I removed the restrictors in the boots as well.

Carbs have been off many times now and all is well. I am very careful with the clamps as I have broken one before, Now I have some spares.

Did it run any better? I don't know it was a peace of mind thing with me.

Call me anal but I use air filter grease in the boots where the carbs attatch, don't know why but it makes me feel good!

Hangfly 07-06-2015 06:17 AM

I ordered new isolators a while back, and they also took forever to arrive.
I have clamps I can ship to you for nothing if you want them Mike.

thedeatons 07-06-2015 09:04 AM

Boot restrictors? That's a new one on me! Where is the high performance, get 5+hp thread on that one?!!??

James

E.Marquez 07-06-2015 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by thedeatons (Post 388192)
Boot restrictors? That's a new one on me! Where is the high performance, get 5+hp thread on that one?!!??

James

Non US thing... places that have HP restrictions for licensing and such.

8541Hawk 07-06-2015 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by thedeatons (Post 388181)
Have you ever replaced your rubber intake boots? If so, did you notice a difference in the way the bike ran?

James

This is like the 3rd or 4th set that I have replaced.
They do get old and hard after a while which makes the carbs hard to mount and also can cause vacuum leaks.

No real difference in how the bike runs but I tend to replace them before they get bad enough to cause an issue.

8541Hawk 07-06-2015 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by mikstr (Post 388177)
how about a two-month wait for crank and bearings?......

Yeah but this is a clamp that is used on multiple different bikes though I am glad I don't have a 2 month wait..... I did that a little while back when I trashed my rear shock.....;)

8541Hawk 07-06-2015 12:35 PM

Yes I was just venting a bit as a nice Holiday weekend and I was stuck at home.....

As for rigging something in, yeah I could but not really my style when it comes to bikes if I don't have to go that route.
Then if I used another type of clamp I would either have to figure out how to locate & drill the aliment\anti-spin hole or cause damage to the alinement nipple on the new isolators.

Throw in that I am in the final stages of dialing in the carbs for the full exhaust I mounted and the last thing I need is another possible variable........

8541Hawk 07-06-2015 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hangfly (Post 388190)
I ordered new isolators a while back, and they also took forever to arrive.
I have clamps I can ship to you for nothing if you want them Mike.

Thx for the offer, I might just take you up on it, need to see what I hear today on the stuff I have ordered.