RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

chance to win $1000 pop ad killing me

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:42 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
chance to win $1000 pop ad killing me

What is this and how do i get rid of it?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I got the same damn issue! I'm on a iPad2 with the original Operating System and have ads popping up on my screen all the time! Mostly on just the Superhawk website. I was told to upgrade the OS to the latest version and then get a popup blocker. Still haven't had the time to do this yet, because when I update my OS, Apple said that EVERYTHING (apps, books, music, photos, ect.) will be deleted. Just need to find time to backup everything.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:51 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
I got the same damn issue! I'm on a iPad2 with the original Operating System and have ads popping up on my screen all the time! Mostly on just the Superhawk website. I was told to upgrade the OS to the latest version and then get a popup blocker. Still haven't had the time to do this yet, because when I update my OS, Apple said that EVERYTHING (apps, books, music, photos, ect.) will be deleted. Just need to find time to backup everything.
Im on a Samsung phone with up to date OS. rare it happens anywhere other than here
Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Jerry, I don't get any pop ups using my home desk top, my laptop or the computer where I work.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Back Marker

996thehawk is on a distinguished road
I don't know if it works on ipads or phones but if you down load Google Chrome and download the extension "Ad Block Plus" for free it will eliminate all your ads on every website. Works great. Chrome is a great browser to use anyways.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:52 PM
SuperSport

Thanks everyone. Maybe there is an adblock app..I'll see what I can find. Grrrrrr
Old 06-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Being logged in takes away most of the advertising... And usually it's those ad's that "spawn" the popups...
Old 06-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Uh... No, it will NOT be deleted... if you have a backup, it gets re-installed the correct way, and works just fine... If you don't it will still be there, but there is no guaranatee that it's working since the OS have changed...

So, long story short, do it the right way... Sync the iPad to the computer, letting it back-up everything, and then just update... And it will work fine...
Old 06-26-2013, 05:15 PM
SuperSport

Haven't changed a thing and the ads are gone!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I haven't had the time to update the O.S. on my iPad, and this website and now ONLY this website, I get a popup ad about every other time I click on a link here. Why only this website are there issues? I know I have to update my **** to alleviate or better yet, eliminate this annoyance with a popup blocker that actually works, but I am just curious who runs this site? Did a virus get in?
Old 06-27-2013, 12:37 AM
SuperSport

I haven't had the time to update the O.S. on my iPad, and this website and now ONLY this website, I get a popup ad about every other time I click on a link here. Why only this website are there issues? I know I have to update my **** to alleviate or better yet, eliminate this annoyance with a popup blocker that actually works, but I am just curious who runs this site? Did a virus get in?
Kind of wondering that myself