SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   RANT! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/)
-   -   CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON!!!! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/congratulations-you-won-25137/)

98VTRrider 04-05-2011 07:58 PM

CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON!!!!

Can someone please get rid of these adds that say "Congratulations you won!" out loud?

My roommate must've been blairing music earlier or something, it's hooked up to our radio which was turned up to 10, and I just had CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON screamed into my ears at 140dB

damn near scared the crap out of me

please someone get rid of them

7moore7 04-05-2011 08:53 PM

You must have really won something, 'cause I don't get those...

1down5up 04-05-2011 09:23 PM

I dont get those adds, though i did get the same annoying add ages ago when i had a virus or something

bass4dude 04-05-2011 09:43 PM

ie, firefox, or safari?

I found that the latest firefox really does cut down on ads. that and you can get an add-on that makes it so that you have to click on it to make the ad go, and I don't know why the even did that because I think most ads are ftarded.

7moore7 04-05-2011 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by bass4dude (Post 298037)
ie, firefox, or safari?

I found that the latest firefox really does cut down on ads. that and you can get an add-on that makes it so that you have to click on it to make the ad go, and I don't know why the even did that because I think most ads are ftarded.

Google chrome, gotta feed the machine that's taking over the world.

bass4dude 04-05-2011 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by 7moore7 (Post 298038)
Google chrome, gotta feed the machine that's taking over the world.

wait..........

did I miss something?

*While I sit here drinking my double vente tripleshot upside down extra caramel black and white mocha*

I thought starf*cks was?

(ps. GO PEETS!)

or capitalism! your choice =p

98VTRrider 04-06-2011 05:10 AM

Firefox...Really? I'm the only one? Its usually at the bottom or right side of the page, and it's not a pop-up ad, it's on the actual SHF page. I thought virus for a second too but I've never seen one hack a website intelligently enough to not overlap anything...

It's either that one or some ad for a video game with adventure music...it literally took me like 15 min to figure out where this damn music was coming from

98VTRrider 04-06-2011 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by 7moore7 (Post 298027)
You must have really won something, 'cause I don't get those...

So I should click it? It says that it's not a joke, I'm the 100,000th visitor!!! I'll let you know what I won, most likely a stolen identity or empty bank account haha

7moore7 04-06-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by 98VTRrider (Post 298053)
So I should click it? It says that it's not a joke, I'm the 100,000th visitor!!! I'll let you know what I won, most likely a stolen identity or empty bank account haha

Or you won a free download of Google Chrome; that's how they got me!

Google has cars that can drive themselves on public roads now. They use a Toyota Prius with cupholders for your Starbucks and you have to be wearing Nikes and throw something made from Proctor and Gamble like a Swifer in the back for it to work, but it avoids pedestrians and everything. But for reals, they use a Prius.

smokinjoe73 04-06-2011 08:29 AM

98VTRrider, did you ever see the movie "beautiful mind"? I think if you ignore the voices then they will eventually quiet down. Just dont take any jobs code breaking for the government.