RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Really? Blank red cups piss you off?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Squid

michaelangus is on a distinguished road
Really? Blank red cups **** you off?

I'm sure everyone's heard by now the uproar over Charbucks using blank red Christm... Holiday cups. WHY??? They'll put a snowflake on it, someone will get offended. They'll put Santa Claus on there, someone will get offended. They changed to plain red cups and people are still offended! It's f***ing Christmas! So what if they're using blank red cups. As a business, they're saving money by not printing the extra pictures. It's a coffee cup... It'll get thrown away anyways. Rant over
Old 11-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Yellow cups are faster.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:31 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Now days, every one gets offended from one thing or another, what's up with all this emotional crap? Just F***n mind your own business.
But if you really want to heat it up, well... religion is a king, especially with the youngest religion of the major 3...
Here, done my rant ;-)

Last edited by NHSH; 11-12-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:39 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the "don't offend anyone ever" insanity this country seems in a tailspin with is pretty nuts.

If you don't like Christmas, then fine, ignore it or get your own favorite holiday or whatever.

But find me another holiday that promotes things like giving gifts to others, to the poor, good will, merriment, happiness, family, etc.

Its sad to see people complaining about everything all the time. Sad and nuts.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:16 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I'm learning that the best way to bring attention to my brand is to center some religious controversy around it. Chick-fil-a and Starbucks have got nothing on me. I'm off to go make the official uniform of my lemonade stand a hijab, then post to social media and let the cash roll in!
Old 11-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Not Realy A Squid
Squid

waltr is on a distinguished road
Often I wonder if I was the only one that saw this s**t coming. I mean lets get realistic. I was still in junior high and recognized the things that where happening would turn out bad. Kids sports without keeping score, nobody loses, nobody wins and everyone gets a trophy. Don't punish your children, just reward them. Spank them? You could get in less trouble for killing someone!

We have succeeded in breeding a couple of generations of world class P***YS now. You bought a cup of hot coffee at McDonald's and received serious burns when you spilled it in your lap? No problem sue McDonald's "its must be their fault they should pay me". Now we have a privately owned bakery that would not make a wedding cake for two women on religious grounds. Now they are supposed to pay up. They did not say do not be homosexual or don't get married just did not want to support it by baking a cake. If you don't like it go elsewhere even tell your friends not to do business with them but move on.

This is just a small sample of these kind of issues and I wont get into any more. I do think we are headed for big trouble because of these issues though.

Sorry for the rant but this just struck a nerve.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Yeah, the "don't offend anyone ever" insanity this country seems in a tailspin with is pretty nuts.
You can trust me on this one, it's not just your counrty. Since the coming of age of the internet, every one suddenly has this ability to voice their opinion to who ever wants to hear it. Or read it in this case, and all in the comfort of their own home, without having any efforts to put into it.

Just like we're doing right now.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Squid

michaelangus is on a distinguished road
Example #1: Jack flash, your post offends me. I demand it be taken down. (people nowdays)

Example #2: Jack flash, your post offends me. We'll agree to disagree and I'll move on with life. (people with common sense)

I agree with you. The internet has provided a way for everyone to voice an opinion about anything, which is fine, but when people start "whining" is where I draw the line and was to smack them upside the head.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:16 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
NSFW!

McDonald's coffee burns images are gross:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mcdo...IVDNhjCh1Jrgea

The details of that case are fascinating and nearly the opposite of what the media and Toby Keith reported.

Ok, got that one off of my chest, carry on with your diagnosis of society via the Starbucks red cup media marketing campaign.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Thanks Obama.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:50 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by waltr
Often I wonder if I was the only one that saw this s**t coming. I mean lets get realistic. I was still in junior high and recognized the things that where happening would turn out bad. Kids sports without keeping score, nobody loses, nobody wins and everyone gets a trophy. Don't punish your children, just reward them. Spank them? You could get in less trouble for killing someone!

We have succeeded in breeding a couple of generations of world class P***YS now. You bought a cup of hot coffee at McDonald's and received serious burns when you spilled it in your lap? No problem sue McDonald's "its must be their fault they should pay me". Now we have a privately owned bakery that would not make a wedding cake for two women on religious grounds. Now they are supposed to pay up. They did not say do not be homosexual or don't get married just did not want to support it by baking a cake. If you don't like it go elsewhere even tell your friends not to do business with them but move on.

This is just a small sample of these kind of issues and I wont get into any more. I do think we are headed for big trouble because of these issues though.

Sorry for the rant but this just struck a nerve.
Your rant is right on bro', here is one that actually talk about it ;-)...enjoy: (minute 46..)

Last edited by NHSH; 11-12-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:20 PM
ren
Back Marker

ren is on a distinguished road
I think this is the result of years of social conditioning telling everyone that they are a special flower and their personal opinions matter as well as media sources like television and movies just getting the facts wrong about what the First Amendment or "Free Speech" is

Apparently people think they have the right to not be offended in any circumstance these days, well that's not how it works haha
Old 11-15-2015, 05:31 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by michaelangus
Charbucks using blank red Christm...
Yep, and along the same pathetic path is the fact that one of the DB candidates(well, thee DB candidate) for presidency suggests to boycott them for it. "Free" country????