SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   RANT! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/)
-   -   Auto Parts Stores (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/auto-parts-stores-35050/)

ACE VenTRa 08-02-2018 04:38 PM

Auto Parts Stores

Carblech/AutOhNoZone, "DOH"Reilley's.

CB: "Nope sorry, we don't have that. I can have it by 11am.
Me: "Ok. I'll swing by on my lunch and pick it up, see you then."
CB: Scene: Loony bin at register one, computer issue at register 2, dumb customer at register 3. Phones ringing off the hook with more dumb customers. Finally I approach the register: "What, we don't have that.
Me: I called 2 hours ago and you said you'd have it by 11. It's 11;30 So...
CB: Ok, what the year make model?
Me: Sigh--2010 versa, 1,6liter, automatic, non-cvt.
Scene: Phone rings, my guy answers it and engages in endless empty conversation with another dumb customer.
Me: Fu** it,! Exit stage left.

Two minutes later at AZ:
Four customers are wandering around aimlessly in flip flops, there are four employees doing the same thing. There are no cashiers anywhere.
Me: Fu** it! Exit stage left.

Two minutes later at "DOH":

Cashier: "Yep, got that, it's 165.00 plus a core charge.
Me: 165 for a battery for a versa, it's smaller than the battery in my bike, wtf?
Cashier: Well most batteries are that much now, it comes with a warranty and we can install it for you.
Me: Blank stare.
Cashier: Are you sure you need a battery?
Me: Blank stare.
Cashier: Did I mention it has a five year warranty?
Me: Fu** it.

Exit stage, Wallyworld here I come.

killer5280 08-06-2018 06:09 PM

Auto parts stores are definitely a mixed bag, but I can't tell you how many times I have put merchandise I have picked out to buy at Wallyworld on the drink machines at the checkout lines and walked out.
I am in auto parts stores a bunch since I have 4 cars, the newest of which is a 2006, and I do all of my own maintenance. I try to go at off hours and I try to frequent the ones where I have had good service previously. I generally get better service from the stores with Hispanic employees.

ACE VenTRa 08-07-2018 02:25 AM

In a town long ago where I grew up there was an auto parts store that had parts. The cashiers knew wtf they were and what could be used instead of what. They made hydraulic hoses too, and they had a machine shop in back. They could even turn drums, rotors and flywheels, unless you knew them well then you had to go out back and do it yourself. If they didn't have it, it was a good indicator that you probably shouldn't be doing it, but even then they knew where to get it done, Ahh those were the days. Within about 3 miles there was an engine shop, a transmission shop, a brake and spring shop, an auto parts store and a fabricator. Where did it all go wrong? Now, I have to drive 20 miles along a two mile stretch searching in agony for the simplest of things at absurd prices, sold by idiots. Oh well, thems were the days.