SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/)
-   -   Spies to BMW Italia (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/spies-bmw-italia-28880/)

HRCA#1 07-28-2012 12:28 PM

Spies to BMW Italia

Superbike Planet quoting BMW Italia as having Spies for 2013 is a 99% done deal, don't know what the 1% is!

This kinda surprizes me because I believe that teams him with Melandri who is likely to win the WSBK championship this year and he would presumably be top dog on the team. However Spies regularly beat him in MotoGP when he was riding for Tech3 his first year. Makes for an interesting dynamic!

I swear WSBK is becoming a much better show than MotoGP, Dorna needs to fix that quick.

PS

Speed is showing qualifying tonight check your local listings.

Wolverine 07-28-2012 05:48 PM

I dunno, the Yami is hot.

BMW Italia, that just doesn't sound right does it?

davidka 07-28-2012 07:06 PM

Spies' Yamaha WSBK team was Italian, wasn't it? Good to see he's coming back to WSBK. Hard to understand what the problem was at Yamaha MotoGP, obviously there was a wall between his and Lorenzo's pits but I guess Lorenzo learned that riding with Rossi..

Wolverine 07-28-2012 09:00 PM

Exciting qualifier. Stoner was right, crt bikes ruined his late charge.

It is really cool seeing Laguna Seca after actually being there. Wish there would have been some on track action but it sure does bring back awesome memories. As me and the kids were walking up to the corkscrew, we spooked a bobcat! And there were prairie dogs everywhere.

davidka 07-28-2012 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 338984)
Exciting qualifier. Stoner was right, crt bikes ruined his late charge.

Dorna goofed the CRT thing. Should've done more to bring the performace levels closer together. While I sympathize with Stoner on the difference in speed I thought his comments about professionalism were out of line. Another racer's slow bike is no reflection of their professionalism. They are DESPERATE to improve and don't care about Stoner or Lornezo's pole position. Moving out of Stoner's way could have been the difference between qualifying for the show or not. They want to bring ROI for their sponsors so they'll continue the following year. IF the CRT program fails then Moto-GP fails with it. Not that Stoner cares, he'll be on the gold coast enjoying his retirement.

Wolverine 07-28-2012 10:03 PM

Whatever they were, there were a lot of 'em! Do they just stay in the ground the entire day w/ all the people around? Have you heard of them getting on track and hit? The forest rats around here tend to bolt the wrong way at the most inopportune time!

Sucks too, we right coasters have to wait till 6pm!!! I hope it isn't an all George show. :lol:

Wolverine 07-29-2012 03:31 PM

Can we get one of those ground squirrels to run across the leader right now, please????

Wolverine 07-29-2012 03:56 PM

Awesome! Wish I was there to see it.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-t..._seca_2012.jpg

I hope Casey can pull off the title this year.

1971allchaos 07-29-2012 04:55 PM

What if the rumors are true, about Supuki making a run of organizing a team-to rejoin Moto-Gp. Anouncers made mention of Ben even considered taken a year off..
Could he be hoping to get back with Supuki???
He does have options..

Wolverine 07-29-2012 04:59 PM

I couldn't agree more, coverage sucked! It's frustrating that they have to wrap the race up in one hour.

Vale really wadded that thing up and we didn't even see the accident, just the aftermath. And Ben took a heeluva ride on the side of the tail section!

smokinjoe73 07-29-2012 07:47 PM

American coverage does suck. I was yelling at the tv about all the sidline shots while stoner was passing for the lead. World feed is so much better. They actually care about the race & never call the riders drivers.

Did you see stoner rifle past on hp? This is what I have been saying. Pedrosa has done the same thing. Had Lorenzo past like he missed a shift even tho jorge got out of the corner better.

Lorentho is the spanish way to pronounce his name (spain not mexico)

Tweety 07-30-2012 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 339023)
+1 He's just phenomenal. Revenge for what happened yesterday.

But what's with the coverage. The director should be fired. Showing a shot of motorhomes on the hill, while we could be watching racing?... during a live race?:confused: And while the most important pass of the race is happening, we're watching the backs of heads of fans, who are watching the pass... that we aren't watching.:bs:

What coverage are you watching? Speed?

I'm watching the real coverage from the site, and none of that silliness...

yellowstorm 07-30-2012 02:07 AM

I watched the race in australia & they were all over the place on stoner, then off for a look around not on the bikes then on the back marker I say the man has never been to a bike race.

blamecanada 07-30-2012 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 338988)
I saw Stoner's rant as well. He has every right to be pissed, and obviously he's already taken action by announcing his retirement. He said he was blocked on every lap, and on his fastest lap, the guy that blocked him was described by Stoner thus: "This isn't a Sunday ride. That guy was sitting straight up." He was describing coming out of turn 11, a first gear corner, with the slow CRT guy blocking his path. He'd be on the pole otherwise.

I was sitting at that very corner when it happened watching....he definitely got screwed there..

I hate the CRT bikes, they should get rid of them.

smokinjoe73 07-30-2012 10:30 AM

haha...vtrsurfer, yes so true, greg white has no business saying the word "motorcycle" 10 times per incoherent sentence. I actually mute the tv if white is "commentating".

It so painful to hear it hurts my feeling. He starts a sentence & forgets what he is saying by the end of it.

Embarassment to the country. No wonder American riders get no respect.

blamecanada 07-30-2012 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 339062)
haha...vtrsurfer, yes so true, greg white has no business saying the word "motorcycle" 10 times per incoherent sentence. I actually mute the tv if white is "commentating".

It so painful to hear it hurts my feeling. He starts a sentence & forgets what he is saying by the end of it.

Embarassment to the country. No wonder American riders get no respect.

If it is any consolation...the announcers AT the track were even more unbearable and annoying...and there is no mute button for the loud speakers overhead...

smokinjoe73 07-30-2012 01:00 PM

Aw that sucks. Yeah you are a captive audience.

Thumper 07-30-2012 11:16 PM

Was it just me or did it look to you guys like Spies rear suspension broke on him in the corkscrew, which resulted in the crash

erno 07-31-2012 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 339092)
Was it just me or did it look to you guys like Spies rear suspension broke on him in the corkscrew, which resulted in the crash

Word has it ,that the swingarm broke?

http://ozfirestorm.proboards.com/ind...#ixzz22HKCkfx9

Tweety 07-31-2012 09:03 AM

He has confirmed it himself... It's a damned shame...

nath981 07-31-2012 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 339035)
American coverage does suck. I was yelling at the tv about all the sidline shots while stoner was passing for the lead. World feed is so much better. They actually care about the race & never call the riders drivers.

Did you see stoner rifle past on hp? This is what I have been saying. Pedrosa has done the same thing. Had Lorenzo past like he missed a shift even tho jorge got out of the corner better.

Lorentho is the spanish way to pronounce his name (spain not mexico)

haha......yellin at the TV. I thought i was the only pissed-off camper doing this shit. Speed channel sucks, esp when compared to euro coverage like MotoGP subscription which i can't afford. We had a couple freebees last year but our benefactor must have had his water shut off.

To add insult to injury, they put some of the races on speed 2 which i can't get on our cable, so i can't even get them anymore......piss me off.

That aside, Casey Stoner is awesome, love his fiery spirit. his riding reminds me of Kevin Swantz, Troy Bayliss, et al. Love to watch his front wheel going sideways accelerating off the turns. Radical dude........hate to see him go because we can't afford to lose great riders like him..Not too many riders like him it seems, too many overly cautious movie stars.