SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/)
-   -   Poor Ben (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/poor-ben-18759/)

HRCA#1 05-18-2009 08:54 PM

Poor Ben

WSBK has been incredible so far this season and Spies has been awesome when his pit crew doesn't F*** UP, it seems like he's on a win, crash or blow roller coaster. But the boy is certainly making his mark. So screw AMA/DMG I'm officially a WSBK junkie now!

I was happy to see (actually read) that Josh Hayes took it to everybody in Race 1 at Infineon, great to see the Suzuki streak end!

Also read something interesting about Casey Stoner, seems he runs almost no spin control on the rear of his Ducati, maybe Nicky's new crew chief will give that a try. It must be killing the Kid to not even be in the top ten!

OK race junkies your turn to chime in.

killer5280 05-18-2009 09:00 PM

Well, it certainly hasn't been boring. (Somebody on this forum described Spies as boring.) Bad luck and some bad judgment have probably put Ben out of the championship, but his passes on Haslam and then Haga at Assen are two of the most incredible I have ever seen.
Spies is the fastest rider on the track, if not the most consistent.

jbaxx 05-18-2009 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by HRCA#1 (Post 217454)
I was happy to see (actually read) that Josh Hayes took it to everybody in Race 1 at Infineon, great to see the Suzuki streak end!

Careful about putting race results in your post/thread without a spoiler warning, you just ruined the race for me. :spank:

HRCA#1 05-19-2009 07:52 AM

Oops

My Bad JBAXX..I didn't realize there were people actually waiting to maybe see it on TV!

VTR69 05-19-2009 09:16 AM

I saw Hayes give riding lessons on Saturday at Sears Pt. ( I mean Infineon ). Was great to see. Won't divulge any other facts about that weekend till they're broadcast, for those who haven't heard yet.
Wish the DMG or somebody would just find a way to get most of the best riders in the same race. I think they should replace Daytona Sportbike with a spec bike series, like the new GP class. Also, I witnessed a pace car controlled race there this weekend. Three laps of the Daytona Sportbike race were run under yellow flag with the pace car leading while they mopped up the track after a spill, instead of just regridding. What a boring waste of time. I'd much rather have seen all 20 laps I'd paid to see run at speed. My 2 cents.

L8RGYZ 05-19-2009 02:37 PM

DMG sucks so far.

I don't know about Spies being the fastest, but he's awesome.

Haga used to screw up a lot but he's really gotten consistent. He learned a lot from crossing blades with Bayliss so much.

Love to see Nicky do better. He was awesome on the Honda v-twin. His style was the backing-it-in thing. You really can't do that on these bikes & be fast. His time may have passed. If he can ever learn to ride with all the traction control gadgetry he'll be a winner again.

jbaxx 05-19-2009 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by HRCA#1 (Post 217545)
My Bad JBAXX..I didn't realize there were people actually waiting to maybe see it on TV!

Apology accepted, but your post still contains the race results. Good for Josh though, He's one of my favorite riders.

Dan Cronin 05-20-2009 08:55 PM

Have to agree with the comments about WSBK. It's one of the few things to look forward to in an otherwise suck year. There is enough competition, what with the new teams and new bikes to make even battles at mid pack worth watching.

lynchie 05-20-2009 10:53 PM

moto gp is no fun when lil' squirt Pedrosa is on the Podium. Long live Hayden! He'll be back........i hope..
The best days of WSBK was when Colin edwards rocked the Honda..i still watch that on my VHS machine sometimes....

trinc 05-21-2009 08:37 PM

WSBK has been awesome ... haga's put together a great year so far but in the back of his mind i'd bet he's as happy as a clam ben has had some bad luck. imo ben is the better rider ( and a few years younger :D )

tim

VTRsurfer 05-21-2009 09:49 PM

Ben will get it worked out, can't expect him to win the championship his 1st year. But WOW, is Haga ever on fire.

As for Nicky, as much as I love him (figuratively speaking of course:rolleyes:), if he can't get out of the back of the pack by the end of this season, I think he should go back to World Superbike. The 800's just don't seem to be working for him.

Wouldn't it be nice if Honda brought back an updated version of the RC51, since the CBR's are trailing almost everyone else.

killer5280 05-22-2009 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 218076)
Wouldn't it be nice if Honda brought back an updated version of the RC51, since the CBR's are trailing almost everyone else.

Check the WSBK results. The Hondas have been consistently running near the front in the past few races.

HRCA#1 05-22-2009 04:52 AM

My 2cents, Yes Haga is good but remember those Ducati's are sporting 1200cc's (not 1098 as the name would imply) it's kinda like the Buell's in Daytona Sportbike, or the Aprilla's.

As far as the Honda's..what gives how can they be reasonably competative in WSBK and backmarkers in AMA!? I've posed this question before, what does Ronald Ten Kate know that Ray Plumb and crew don't.

A couple of years back when AHM was running their "kit" bike I wasn't surprized they were also rans (No HRC involvlement) and maybe that's still the case. Anybody know any facts on the situation?

L8RGYZ 05-22-2009 06:46 AM

http://www.postimage.org/Pqpf5g0.jpg

Pretty cool article about Spies...

http://www.crash.net/world+superbike...ben_spies.html

HRCA#1 05-22-2009 07:30 AM

It's good to see some camraderie in WSBK. Too bad MotoGP is full of prima donnas with walls seperating "team mates" in pit garages and not sharing any data with one another.

In the "olden" times when I was racing we shared everything and left it up to talent and racecraft to determine the outcome.

LineArrayNut 07-26-2009 12:55 PM

Fucking Fabrizio...

... loses his head with a banzai move up the inside on lap fucking 3 and spears Ben...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVXeva8fmfU

just coincidence that he's Haga's teamate?

VTRsurfer 07-26-2009 02:09 PM

Boy, that sure got on YouTube fast, I just finished watching Race 2.

Sounds like those German Announcers think Fabrizio taking Spies out is a real Hoot.

autoteach 07-26-2009 03:21 PM

who could understand what they were saying. I like that he was very apologetic, but that doesn't put either bike back on the track. It appears that there wasn't a whole lot that he could do with how late he grabbed the brakes. He passed P2 like he was standing still. Dumb, but polite.

L8RGYZ 07-27-2009 01:12 PM

Apparently he has taken Biaggi out twice this year also.

LineArrayNut 07-27-2009 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe he's buddies w/ the shrimp...

nath981 07-27-2009 09:17 PM

Spies is so extraordinary that i expect he'll be challenging Rossi very soon.

VTRsurfer 07-27-2009 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut (Post 228599)

+1 LineArray,

My wife missed the WSBK races. When she got home I told her "Fabrizio pulled a Pedroza on Spies".

killer5280 07-27-2009 10:21 PM

Except at least Fabrizio took out his teammate's rival for the championship. Pedrosa nearly kept his teammate from winning the title.

Stupid move. I would not have been nearly as nice as Ben was. Not nearly.

VTRsurfer 07-27-2009 10:30 PM

I'll bet Danica Patrick would have taken a swing at him.

HRCA#1 07-28-2009 03:02 AM

I saw that bonehead move on tv this past Sunday. I'll give Fabrizio credit for the way he handled it, and it shows how much more camraderie there is in WSBK than MotoGP. I can't tell about AMA/DMG cause I don't watch it anymore and from what I read about mid Ohio neither does anyone else especially spectators.

alive226 07-28-2009 05:53 AM

I don't know if any of you saw the beginning of race 2, but they shawed Fabrizio in his pit, holding a sign that said "Ben, I Love You". I think he knew right away he fucked up.....At least that was classy of him....

LineArrayNut 07-28-2009 05:56 AM

What else could he do, but apologize? Ever see Hayden or Spies banzai a guy out? Just from sheer lost their head action? What's a classy fuck-up, lol?

Preaching to the choir, I know...

L8RGYZ 07-28-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut (Post 228599)

:D Yeah, my buddies do that to me all the time!

L8RGYZ 07-28-2009 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 228664)
+1 LineArray,

My wife missed the WSBK races. When she got home I told her "Fabrizio pulled a Pedroza on Spies".

And she got it? Wow... keepa!

jbaxx 07-28-2009 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 228669)
I'll bet Danica Patrick would have taken a swing at him.

:iagree: