SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/)
-   -   Motogp but no one died (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/motogp-but-no-one-died-30506/)

smokinjoe73 06-03-2013 08:21 PM

Motogp but no one died

(slight spoiler)

So that makes sense. The best riders on the planet on the fastest bikes and no one on the forum notices?

I guess AMA & Motogp in the same weekend go unnoticed unless someone dies.

Anyway, they were some great races. I was mad about Rossi getting crashed out but from what I have seen so far he is mostly ok. Great that Lorenzo won, I like my honda but kinda sick of seeing them win motogp, and dont really like Marquez.

Always great to see what these bikes can do with no limits.

KCCO 06-03-2013 09:55 PM

I missed the races due to a crappy TV plan but I did see the report from RevZilla about the G-Forces in the crash and the deployment of the A* air bags. I found that quite impressive. Bags deployed before he even hit the ground. I am astounded by their skill and mastery of their craft.

GlockPointer 06-03-2013 10:00 PM

I was watching closely, never get tired of seeing Honda win! I was pissed when Marquez crashed. I don't care if he is a dick or not, I just admire his skill and wish I could be 20 again and have his life.
Still got some anger huh Joe.

smokinjoe73 06-04-2013 04:42 AM

I saw that the airbag deployed but it was a wierd crash. Rossi got stuck upright so carried huge speed into the trap then the wall.

I dont like Marquez but he is fast and I dont wish crashes on anyone. His was very gentle though. He threw a heck of a tantrum afterwords.

Not anger. Just bafflement at a)The general public who seem to live on reality shows showing trainwreck tv, & b) "riders" who do nothing to improve in the sport and add to the same mentality.

That is partially why I dont dig Marquez. Having talent can happen to anyone. He didnt do a thing to get it. How you approach the dicipline of racing is who the person really is. Marc has a long wreckless history much like Simoncelli. (God rest him).

Those kind of influences in this kind of sport can cause alot of harm. Not like in other sports.

Tweety 06-04-2013 07:12 AM

Not that wierd really... Vale was pretty much on the normal line as far as I could see from the overhead shots, and Bautista took a much more agressive line...

Had he done that later in the race, trying to fight for positions, with one maybe two bikes in close proximity, I wouldn't have thought it was at all odd, and if anyone else got caught then, the blame would have been on them... And I do believe it's 100% true that he didn't see Rossi until they impacted, as he was off the bike to the inside...

But taking that line on the first lap, third corner with all the bikes still bunched up, going into corners side by side, is nothing short of reckless... He would have known there was other riders around, too close to pick his own line and disregard the others completely...

And no, it's not his first time doing that either... He has a fairly checkered history of torpedoing other riders in the first dozen or so corners...

Agreed though, Vale carried a lot of speed as he went off track, and he hit hard... He looked fairly out of it for a while there too...

RCVTR 06-04-2013 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 356295)
I saw that the airbag deployed but it was a wierd crash. Rossi got stuck upright so carried huge speed into the trap then the wall.

I dont like Marquez but he is fast and I dont wish crashes on anyone. His was very gentle though. He threw a heck of a tantrum afterwords.

Not anger. Just bafflement at a)The general public who seem to live on reality shows showing trainwreck tv, & b) "riders" who do nothing to improve in the sport and add to the same mentality.

That is partially why I dont dig Marquez. Having talent can happen to anyone. He didnt do a thing to get it. How you approach the dicipline of racing is who the person really is. Marc has a long wreckless history much like Simoncelli. (God rest him).

Those kind of influences in this kind of sport can cause alot of harm. Not like in other sports.

I second all of it.

That is one of Vale's favorite passes. He gets away with it most of the time, but runs the risk of not being seen in time to avoid a collision.

Marc will grow up. He is just beginning to learn to use his talent. It has come on very rapidly.

smokinjoe73 06-04-2013 08:55 AM

Yeah thats the other thing, the saying is, you can't win a race on the first lap, but you can sure lose it. It was a racing incident but Bautista musta target fixed because Val had the inside line and thats the only place a racer is looking is the next apex.

Bautista too is known for bonehead maneuvers and this was one of them. If you are shown a wheel on the inside, you try to get him back when you can. What he did was stupid (obviously).

Especially at Rossis home race. 99.9% of those fans were there for him. Dont crash him into a wall on the first lap!

HRCA#1 06-04-2013 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 356304)
Yeah thats the other thing, the saying is, you can't win a race on the first lap, but you can sure lose it. It was a racing incident but Bautista musta target fixed because Val had the inside line and thats the only place a racer is looking is the next apex.

Bautista too is known for bonehead maneuvers and this was one of them. If you are shown a wheel on the inside, you try to get him back when you can. What he did was stupid (obviously).

Especially at Rossis home race. 99.9% of those fans were there for him. Dont crash him into a wall on the first lap!

What race were you watching? Even Ben Spies noticed that Rossi was trying an outside pass and that Bautista had a wheel on him and it was Rossi that should have given way.

RCVTR 06-04-2013 10:40 AM

It's not the first time that he has put his nose there. I believe he half expects there to be contact. It's a Rossi trademark. Not a good choice on lap 1. Especially from the master of working through the pack and ending up on the top step of the podium.

RCVTR 06-04-2013 10:43 AM

Rossi is afraid of Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Marquez. He showed it right there.

smokinjoe73 06-04-2013 11:09 AM

Yeah, I heard Spies and the whole time wasnt agreeing. They went down in a right hand turn, with Rossi on the right side of the 2 bikes so thats the inside line on any track.

He started the move the previous corner by coming around the outside but that is not where the crash happened. When Bautista went for the direction change, there was a bike already there, which he hit.

And just curious, how does a first lap crash indicate that Rossi is afraid of specific riders? 8 times world champion, I dont think fear is in the equasion. Didnt he just get a podium? Lots of emotions in racing, fear not one of them other than novice races.

RCVTR 06-04-2013 12:20 PM

That was more tongue-in-cheek than anything. He has a lot of respect for those guys and knows he can't let them get away at the front.

WhOrD 06-04-2013 12:48 PM

On a side note:

I am honestly considering flying from California to Ireland for the:

Isle Of Man TT. That race looks freaking crazy and well worth the money I have saved for a decent vacation.

smokinjoe73 06-04-2013 12:54 PM

Yeah, there can be something lost in typing on a forum as opposed to in person. We need more adjectives or something.

For sure it is great to see Rossi back in form. I hated seeing him mid pack on an inferior bike. A race with a take-out like that (or a Marquez type move) is like watching a fight with a low blow. It just is not part of the actual battle but can decide the outcome.

smokinjoe73 06-04-2013 12:58 PM

From what I have read, there are no speed limits on most of the course if you go there at other times.

For sure someday would love to go see the race and/or ride the course to see what they see (albiet 100 times slower).

Tweety 06-04-2013 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 356328)
From what I have read, there are no speed limits on most of the course if you go there at other times.

For sure someday would love to go see the race and/or ride the course to see what they see (albiet 100 times slower).

Well... True and false...

There are no speed limits on most of the roads outside the town centres, but there are limits in town... That's a permanent thing, not just a race thing...

But, there's traffic going both ways, most of the time... I'd suggest going for Mad Sunday if you are brave enough...

E.Marquez 06-04-2013 02:13 PM

1st
Marc Marquez is talented, and his haters are just that due to his skill.. He has EARNED his place.. nothing in MOTO GP is given.. This aint NASCRAP stuff.

Signed Erik Marquez :fawkdance:

E.Marquez 06-04-2013 02:15 PM

2nd
Joe.. mighty wide brush you are painting with there.... Just because some folks don't hop on the internet to tell a faceless group of folks what they watched on TV this weekend while wrenching on bikes in the garage... DOn't mean we are not interested because no one crashed hard or die... It just means we have more interesting and fun things to do then you...:nana:

HRCA#1 06-04-2013 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 356341)
1st
Marc Marquez is talented, and his haters are just that due to his skill.. He has EARNED his place.. nothing in MOTO GP is given.. This aint NASCRAP stuff.

Signed Erik Marquez :fawkdance:

I agree with Erik, Marquez's dustup with Lorenzo was no worse and exactly the same move Rossi made on Gibernau at the same track 7 or 8 years ago for the win.

Face it their's a new alien in town and he's fearless.

Wolverine 06-04-2013 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by HRCA#1 (Post 356344)
Face it there's a new alien in town and he's fearless.

Maybe so, but what Joe & I [maybe] have in common? We wanna see Vale succeed.

AND.. I did watch the race but didn't post anything because no one commented on the previous MotoGP thread French GP. Where were ya that weekend??:evillaugh:

smokinjoe73 06-04-2013 03:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was racing myself 5 hrs north of here in NH. Tied my best time from all last year so thats a good start. Oh and I didnt crash which is a big plus.

I even slightly patterned my leathers/bike race style after Rossi. You know, imitation the greatest flattery thing. I mean anyone can wear a 46 shirt. (I wont but anyone else)

Wolverine 06-04-2013 03:40 PM

Can anyone imagine having an off @ half of the speed that Marquez went down?
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/PA1344751.jpg

That looked nasty!
http://estaticos.marca.com/imagenes/...icia_1_g_0.jpg

smokinjoe73 06-04-2013 03:49 PM

Marquez. Untrue since here you are......

Wolverine 06-04-2013 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 356351)
Marquez. Untrue since here you are......

:confused:

Not following that statement.

smokinjoe73 06-04-2013 03:52 PM

How fast was he going in that spot? I thought Rossis crash was way worse.

I have crashed at over 100 so not all that far off. I didnt have a gravel trap though.

Wolverine 06-04-2013 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 356353)
I have crashed at over 100

:eek:

Taken from MotoGP page:

Marquez left the track at 337.9km/h (209.9mph), sustaining several heavy blows to his back and shoulders as well as injuring his chin while sliding along the damp grass verge en route to San Donato corner.

smokinjoe73 06-04-2013 04:09 PM

WHAT(?!?) Ok then not really that close. It sure looks slower on satelitel tv.

Wolverine 06-04-2013 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 356354)
Marquez left the track at 337.9km/h (209.9mph), sustaining several heavy blows to his back and shoulders as well as injuring his chin while sliding along the damp grass verge en route to San Donato corner.

Wait a minute, didn't you watch the race? :o The commentators discussed that off. :evillaugh:

HRCA#1 06-04-2013 04:28 PM

He may be confused , what you are showing was his practice crash, I think Joe is thinking about his race crash. I do have to say the kid has cojones to get out there again after crashing at nearly 210 mph and be fighting for a podium, not just collecting points as some may have done.

He may not be the World Champion this year but I'll bet he is before Pedrosa and before he's 22!

Ps

Joe I record and watch every MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 and WSBK and Supersport race, What I don't bother with is AMA/DMG! I love racing not dog and pony shows.

Wolverine 06-04-2013 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by HRCA#1 (Post 356357)
He may be confused , what you are showing was his practice crash, I think Joe is thinking about his race crash. I do have to say the kid has cojones to get out there again after crashing at nearly 210 mph and be fighting for a podium, not just collecting points as some may have done.

Agreed X2!