SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/)
-   -   MotoGP and AMA pro racing on today (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/motogp-ama-pro-racing-today-28474/)

smokinjoe73 06-03-2012 04:56 AM

MotoGP and AMA pro racing on today

If you ride a Shawk its mandatory viewing.

Motogp @ 8am and 230pm, moto2 @ 330pm and AMA at 1130pm

I'm not judgemental but it you dont follow this you are doing yourself an injustice...

NOTE; THIS THREAD MAY BE A SPOILER

GlockPointer 06-03-2012 07:32 AM

My friends and I are going to do the Luckenbach GP today and then catch Moto GP on tivo.

HRCA#1 06-03-2012 07:54 AM

Just finished watching MotoGP it was on at 5am PST I watched it at 6:30am with my coffee. Good race..see for yourself!!

nath981 06-03-2012 01:41 PM

Moto2 was unbelievable! innonne luthi marquez........maniacs.

Spoot 06-03-2012 08:24 PM

I watched AMA live ! From T5, T9 & T10...WOOT!

Jason Farrell (local guy here - kawi), finished 6th on Saturday !! A privateer !
He had a mech. today :( DNF - I'd bet it was the coolant leak he said they were trying to fix, just before the race.

Blake Young (another local) did very well today, too! I'm sure his dad is proud of him.
Shaun Hill (local) got hit in practice, went down and broke a collar bone :(
Ray Hoffman didn't even bring his bike...he said he just doesn't have the horsepower to be competetive at RA. He did run in the Daytona 200 this year, even though he didn't hit qualifying times - but, he was the only Honda in the field :) - I think thats why they let him run. I used to be part of his pit crew when he raced CCS for WSB Racing.

nath981 06-04-2012 04:20 AM

speakin of blake young, I still can't understand how he got knocked off in a tussle with Josh hayes, started last on the restart, and then ended up passing everybody and winning the race. This was one of the most unbelievable, almost miraculous, comebacks i can recall witnessing. i'd like to have recorded it so i could watch it over and over again. Unbelievable to see, esp considering that the next day he started normally and lost to Hayes. adrenalin or what? doesn't make sense.

AMA Pro Road Racing News - Down, Not Out: Blake Young Crashes, Charges Through Field To Win AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike Race 1 at Road Atlanta

smokinjoe73 06-04-2012 06:59 AM

Can we change the name of this thread to SPOILER.? Guys, unless it does say spoiler you are NOT supposed to give away the race results. Guess I should've mentioned that code of honor thing......

Nath. Josh Hayes is the fastest guy out there (on the fastest bike too)but also a gentleman. He just didnt have the heart to fight Young after he himself (Hayes) crashed him out of the previous start of the race.

I have that race if you want me to send you a copy. Fun watch.

nath981 06-04-2012 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 334785)
Can we change the name of this thread to SPOILER.? Guys, unless it does say spoiler you are NOT supposed to give away the race results. Guess I should've mentioned that code of honor thing......

Nath. Josh Hayes is the fastest guy out there (on the fastest bike too)but also a gentleman. He just didnt have the heart to fight Young after he himself (Hayes) crashed him out of the previous start of the race.

I have that race if you want me to send you a copy. Fun watch.

thanks..that would be great. I'll pm you.

yeah, it's hard not to like Josh Hayes. I was stunned to see Blake pass everyone that fast though. He was def pissed...... Surreal!

Moto GP......dani pedrosa on the brakes, rear wheel off the ground, front wheel turned right evidently sliding....... heavy braking. Wow! And some of those slow mo elbow-dragging turns. Amazing shit!