SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/)
-   -   MotoGP (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/motogp-28690/)

merckid 07-01-2012 08:57 PM

MotoGP

Does anyone know where i can watch the latest moto gp races for free? i will soon be moving away from home and will not be able to afford cable or satellite. I know i can watch it on the MotoGP website but i believe you have to pay for that as well. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated...I CANNOT GO WITHOUT MOTOGP!!!!!!!
Thanks
merckid

HRCA#1 07-02-2012 08:08 AM

Sorry dude, get in tight with the bartender at a sports bar and maybe he/she will put it on one of their 10-20 screens, at least until football season starts!

I'm not being all that facitious, Speed replays the races on Tuedays, a slow sports day!

raceruss2003 07-02-2012 08:09 AM

I have looked online a couple times when I forgot to record on the DVR....it is near impossible. You are correct in stating you have to order on the motogp site and it is not cheap!!

Best bet might be to see when it is going to be on and go to a sports bar and turn it on there. If it is a strip club/sports bar=even better!!

Wolverine 07-08-2012 04:08 AM

It's starting @ 7a here on the right coast.

Wolverine 07-08-2012 04:36 AM

AWESOME views of the two Honda's pushing each other! Love this track.

Tebs 07-08-2012 06:05 PM

I just heard today (while watching MotoGP) that Speed 2 (dot com) is offering live video streaming of MotoGP qualifing for the rest of the season. I havent checked it out myself yet, however, I'm a HUGE F1 fan and have watched the F1 practice sessions (live video streaming) on Speed "dot com" and it is great because there are NO announcers - just the sound of the cars themselves. Perhaps its the same with MotoGP?? Could be worth the time to watch as well.

That said, we know Stoner is retiring at the end of the season which means Honda has an open seat, Crutchlow has an offer from Ducati for 2013 (open seat at Cruthlow's team), yet no word on what Rossi is doing in 2013 and we wont know what Hayden is doing until Rossi makes his announcement. The 2013 "silly season" begins and 2013 looks like it should be exciting!! Any thoughts?

Thumper 07-08-2012 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tebs (Post 337308)
Crutchlow has an offer from Ducati for 2013 (open seat at Cruthlow's team), yet no word on what Rossi is doing in 2013 and we wont know what Hayden is doing until Rossi makes his announcement. The 2013 "silly season" begins and 2013 looks like it should be exciting!! Any thoughts?

not a good deal for Crutchlow, the ducks are slow

Wolverine 07-08-2012 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 337302)
SPOILER ALERT!

Damn! All Casey had to do was hang behind the chimp, and he would've had the series lead. He was at least 11 seconds ahead of Lorenzo. Instead, he's now 3rd. But I guess this disproves any theories that since announcing his retirement, he would just sit back and collect his checks till the end of the season.

+1. Good to see he is hungry enough to push like that, just sorry to see him go down. I though it was a hell of a race.

smokinjoe73 07-08-2012 09:14 PM

Motogp has really become a bore(snore)fest. 2 superior bikes running into the distance from the green flag? Thats not what I call racing. Half the field is getting lapped. (actually way more than half).

If they dont do something soon the racing universe will colapse. At least moto2 is still a scrap. AMA has been good the last few years too, as has WSBK.

Wolverine 07-09-2012 02:18 AM

? The Yamaha has the most wins this season if I can recall.

raceruss2003 07-09-2012 06:33 AM

I would HATE to see Crutchlow go to the Ducati's...You have two previous world champions on Ducatis right now and they are struggling to finish better than 6th. Would be good to see him sit still for one more year and get his groove on the Tech2 Yamaha Team.

That being said, I would like to see BOTH Rossi and Hayden on a different bike...anything, even a CRP team.

Marquez is going to take Stoner's bike next year is my prediction.

Not sure if Spies is going to jump to another team or not. Yamaha is definitely not happy with his performance this year.

With all that out of the way...Stoner crashing out yesterday was just Karma. Would have sucked to see him with the Championship due to Lorenzo getting taken out by another rider in the first turn last week.

8541Hawk 07-09-2012 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by raceruss2003 (Post 337337)
Marquez is going to take Stoner's bike next year is my prediction.

That can't happen, you are not allowed on a factory team the first year in MotoGP you must be on a satellite team.

I still say look for Rossi on a Honda next year...... His own team or Stoner's old ride.

smokinjoe73 07-09-2012 10:02 AM

Wait......Kharma? So if someone crashes out my rival (not my fault), a giant "karma fist" is going to come smash me?

Are you at all familiar with what Kharma even is? Kharma is if Stoner crashed out Jorge & THEN got crashed out himself.

Cosmic laws aside, I think the teams are looking to the future with Bradle and Marquez to provide cheap (low pay) thrills. Rossis and Haydens are too expensive. It sucks to see them flounder on inferior bikes but they are getting paid hugely. Thats why KC is leaving, they offered Rossi 3 times his pay.

I dont look forward to a bunch of 250cc kids being brought up from the euro minors. I liked the SBK guys being in there but they were raised on no TC.

If those kids win, no one will care except their home country. Its all so different now. I may be getting old(er)

HRCA#1 07-09-2012 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 337346)
That can't happen, you are not allowed on a factory team the first year in MotoGP you must be on a satellite team.

I still say look for Rossi on a Honda next year...... His own team or Stoner's old ride.

Sorry 8541Hawk but they dropped the rookie rule last week specifically so Marquez can go directly to the Repsol Honda Team. He is sponsored by Repsol now and a Spaniard, a purely political move by Dorna.

I do agree that Rossi may run his own team if Honda does indeed make production racer version of the RC213, I don't believe he will ever be welcome back at Honda.

8541Hawk 07-09-2012 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by HRCA#1 (Post 337352)
Sorry 8541Hawk but they dropped the rookie rule last week specifically so Marquez can go directly to the Repsol Honda Team. He is sponsored by Repsol now and a Spaniard, a purely political move by Dorna.

I do agree that Rossi may run his own team if Honda does indeed make production racer version of the RC213, I don't believe he will ever be welcome back at Honda.

Well that is what I get for following WSBK more than MotoGP anymore.....;)

Though I don't think Marquez will do all that well, for a while at least, with the big boys.

As for the Rossi thing, well I do know about the bad blood but if Lorenzo wins the title again this year who else are they going to find that might challenge him next year with Stoner leaving?

So it's just a feeling I have at this time, I mean they also blew it with Dovizioso, so their options are pretty limited if they actually want to win a title anytime soon...... though you never know what will happen during the "silly season"......

raceruss2003 07-11-2012 07:36 AM

Rossi running his own team...that would be cool. Although in his interview this week it seemed he may want to stay around and help develop bikes. Definitely interesting either way.

Would be cool to see Spies go to Honda and free up the factory position for Dovizioso. He deserves a factory ride for sure! Not sure if Honda would pick Spies up though...would be cool to see Edwards on a Honda as well!! I think I am just dreaming here.

raceruss2003 07-12-2012 12:04 PM

Official annoucement today...Marquez and Pedrosa to race Honda MotoGP for 2013.

smokinjoe73 07-12-2012 12:09 PM

I dont like to say I told you so, but.......

Now 2 250cc racers on that team. It will be interesting. We dont know whats up with Hayden or Edwards right? Edwards is on a lousy bike (he says) this year.

The big teams are stupid because who cares if you win races against mopeds? If we know for sure which bike is fastest and it always wins is it really even racing?

Wolverine 07-12-2012 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 337565)
If we know for sure which bike is fastest and it always wins is it really even racing?

Yamaha has 4 wins, Honda has 4 wins?

smokinjoe73 07-12-2012 03:07 PM

Hey if you think its good racing, keep watching. I still think its on a downward spiral. Half (or more) of the field is on 2nd rate machinery. It just cant compare to moto2 or WSBK or AMA.

blamecanada 07-12-2012 03:15 PM

The CRT bikes are a mistake...change the rules to reduce the amount of investment required and keep it factory bikes only. (Smart rules DO work, the ones they have now do not, it took F1 a long time to make things exciting but they've finally done it, motorcycle prototype racing could learn some lessons there).

I prefer SBK races to MotoGP...