SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/)
-   -   moto GP Attendance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/moto-gp-attendance-34520/)

CrankenFine 05-10-2017 09:41 PM

moto GP Attendance

1 Attachment(s)
Crowd was estimated at 120,000 for the race at Jerez in Spain this week. Here's a heli screenshot of the parking lot. Apparently everyone in Spain rides their motorcycle to these races. Trying to imagine what it's like looking for your bike in that parking lot.

xeris 05-12-2017 04:06 PM

Double post

xeris 05-12-2017 04:11 PM

Row 167, space 846, I see a Superhawk, opps, Firestorm

Where's Waldo?

Hey my key doesn't work, oh wait, it's not my bike.

Worlds largest bike domino fall.

VTR1000F 05-12-2017 04:26 PM

I lived near Jerez for 4 years. Never made it to a race. I'm an idiot.

I did drive by the track once when a race was happening. It was loud.

skokievtr 05-15-2017 02:27 PM

It's an issue I'd more than be willing to address if I had the good fortune to be able to attend that or any European MotoGP race and/or World SBK race. Heck, or even make it a US MotoGP or World SBK race. I went to Indy 4 or 5 times but CA and TX are a long ride from Skokie (if I had the money and time). :(

At least Road America is close and the US SB racing has finally improved a bit!

xeris 05-16-2017 07:18 AM

Have been seriously considering traveling to Laguna Seca for WSB in July. Never been to an event like that and time is running out. Biggest concern is the length of low desert I have to travel to get to sane temps.
Anyone know what the camping conditions are like at the track?

skokievtr 05-16-2017 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by xeris (Post 402245)
Have been seriously considering traveling to Laguna Seca for WSB in July. Never been to an event like that and time is running out. Biggest concern is the length of low desert I have to travel to get to sane temps.
Anyone know what the camping conditions are like at the track?

In years past camp sites were booked a year in advance and hotels/motels similarly, and then they'd unilaterally cancel your reservation so they could book it to someone else for 3 times their normal rate you had.

Was a neat event 30 years ago and now getting better. Cannery Row was THE place to hang. Do a search but it's probably too late now to find something reasonable unless you know someone you can stay will within 25 miles of the track and maybe camp out in their back yard...

xeris 05-17-2017 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by skokievtr (Post 402253)
In years past camp sites were booked a year in advance and hotels/motels similarly, and then they'd unilaterally cancel your reservation so they could book it to someone else for 3 times their normal rate you had.

Was a neat event 30 years ago and now getting better. Cannery Row was THE place to hang. Do a search but it's probably too late now to find something reasonable unless you know someone you can stay will within 25 miles of the track and maybe camp out in their back yard...

Thanks for the insight.
Didn't even consider that the camping would be filled years in advance. I still live in the 70's-80's where you could show up and expect to be accommodated.
The closest place that I have an offer to stay is a little over 200mi. south. Going to have to rethink this. Really would like to attend a world class event at a beautiful venue like Laguna.