SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/)
-   -   Good grief Honda to quit MotoGP (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/good-grief-honda-quit-motogp-16987/)

HRCA#1 12-16-2008 11:38 AM

Good grief Honda to quit MotoGP

MotoGPMatters is reporting that Honda may pull out of MotoGP this Friday. While it may not be totally devasting since sponsors like Repsol absorb much of the costs, it will mean little or no bike development throughout the year so whatever they have at Sepang will likely be it for the year.

Remember Honda pulled out in 68 and didn't come back for nearly 15 years!

Does this economy suck or what!!

Byrdman 12-16-2008 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by HRCA#1 (Post 192753)
Does this economy suck or what!!

hell ya

jbaxx 12-16-2008 11:42 AM

No world title for the midget then, eh?

I hear Ducati is still racing.

LineArrayNut 12-16-2008 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope it's true just for the shrimp's sake...

NEVAR FURGET!

kai ju 12-16-2008 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by jbaxx (Post 192755)
No world title for the midget then, eh?

I hear Ducati is still racing.

That's a really funny statement.......

swordfish 12-17-2008 03:50 PM

that sullen little hobbit wouldn't have done anything anyway. Pedrosa is the most ill-tempered "little person" I've ever seen. he always looks like someone just tried to toss him. (yeah I'm wrong so what)he always looks like his horse just died.lol was that too obscure? well anyway, Rossi's gonna tie both hands behind his back this year to make it interesting.

VTRsurfer 12-17-2008 04:03 PM

Since Nicky has gone to Ducati, it won't upset me if Honda pulls out. And "The Chimp" will have to look for another ride.

TODDSPEED 12-17-2008 06:30 PM

I find these negative remarks about Danny ofensive, he has worked hard to get to the highest level of motorcycle racing and deserves our respect... oh crap! I can't even go on typing this garbage, you guys are so right about that little twerp. Does'nt he just make you want to sit on him till he cries.
That would really suck about Honda though.

VTRsurfer 12-17-2008 08:04 PM

Maybe he could get a ride on the MiniMotoGP circuit. :rolleyes:

Jim TT 12-18-2008 08:38 AM

I hope that is not true!

pigwings 12-18-2008 09:50 AM

Little Dani

Originally Posted by swordfish (Post 192975)
that sullen little hobbit wouldn't have done anything anyway. Pedrosa is the most ill-tempered "little person" I've ever seen. he always looks like someone just tried to toss him. (yeah I'm wrong so what)he always looks like his horse just died.lol was that too obscure? well anyway, Rossi's gonna tie both hands behind his back this year to make it interesting.

I blame him, Honda, and Repsol for going to the 800cc mini-GP, ruining the best racing since the 500cc two-smoke's.

HRCA#1 12-18-2008 11:34 AM

Here's an update Yesterday Honda's CEO did his year end speech (it was supposed to be Friday) and confirmed Honda was out of F1 but made no mention of MotoGP. There may be more to come tomorrow but for now it looks better than it did!

RCVTR 12-29-2008 01:55 PM

That's good! I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere either.

I'm with pigwings. Honda's always had this obsession with tiny 4-strokes that rev to the moon. They even tried to compete on an equal displacement with 500 2-strokes and got reasonably close.

But there's no reason for it. Bring back the 990s please. The added weight and torque are the best ways to control excessive corner speeds and make the sport safer, but wilder.

Then they won't need to hire tiny people to ride them.

killer5280 12-29-2008 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by RCVTR (Post 193883)
Then they won't need to hire tiny people to ride them.

The funniest part of all of this is that planning ahead by Honda and Dorna didn't get a championship for Honda or for a Spanish rider even though the series, bike and rider were tailored just for that.

VTRsurfer 12-29-2008 09:26 PM

I saw in the paper a couple of days ago that Honda was pulling out of F1.
It said that will save Honda $200,000,000 a year.:eek:

HRCA#1 12-30-2008 08:19 AM

Kawasaki is out of MotoGP

MotoGPMatters has reported that Kawasaki has notified Dorna that they are out of MotoGP leaving Hopkins and Melandri without rides. While the Kawasakis have literally been the laughing stock of MotoGP it is nonetheless sad to see them go. It also drops the field to 17 bikes and I don't believe thats enough under the governing rules to have a "Championship" and Dorna may have to repackage the series as a "Cup" series.