SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/)
-   -   GOING to Circuit of the Americas (Austin) (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/going-circuit-americas-austin-31808/)

Tofazfou 03-27-2014 07:00 PM

GOING to Circuit of the Americas (Austin)

for my Birthday/Anniversary present! My wife (obviously) and my 6 year old will be present. All 3 of us are staunch Moto GP fans and have been for waaaaay too many years. This will be all 3 of our 1st times at the CoA track and my wife and i are from Houston, Tx and hung out in Austin a trillion times. She went to UT Austin as a matter of fact. So this is going to be sooo fun that i can hardly wait. HD camera/tripod and digital camera will be in full affect.

Thanx for reading guys..................

Cedric

jscobey 03-27-2014 07:04 PM

so jealous! youll have a blast!!

nuhawk 03-27-2014 07:34 PM

I've lived in Austin for better than thirty years and the track is the most exciting happening of my life. Wait until you see it in person. No wonder the drivers all love it and think it's the best track in the world. It's beyond state of the art and world class. We are so blessed to have been chosen. Have a blast but be safe.

E.Marquez 03-27-2014 08:19 PM

I'll be there all three days far as I know...

roaming GA, In the Pits and Tucker Rocky Hospitality tent and reserved seating turn 14

nnjhawk02 03-28-2014 03:04 PM

Enjoy man

On the bucket list is riding the VTR via Back Roads of course, from Pa to Elroy to see the races.

I rode out to Indy in '08.

I'll watch on TV this year.

E.Marquez 03-28-2014 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by nnjhawk02 (Post 370456)
Enjoy man

On the bucket list is riding the VTR via Back Roads of course, from Pa to Elroy to see the races.

I rode out to Indy in '08.

I'll watch on TV this year.

I got to be at all US rounds last year... Will make Austin for sure, and likely Indy.. I road an iron Butt last year ... think I'll take two days this time.....and get my SS2000 :o

Tofazfou 03-28-2014 06:15 PM

Thanx for posting guys. We now live in California (17 yrs as of the day of the race) and I haven't been to Austin in about 18-19 yrs. A friend of my wifes visted there last year and he had nothing but PERFECT things to say.

I think my wife got tickets for TURN 1.

98VTRrider 03-29-2014 06:34 AM

you're going to spectate MotoGP? I thought you were riding a track day there for a second...I would be jealous it must be really nice riding on a new track not filled with pot holes and sealer stripes.

Tofazfou 03-30-2014 10:33 PM

Yeaaaaaaah, Just SPECTATE (you make it sound so boring)! LOL! I live in California now and no longer Houston, Texas. So my bike is here in Calif. Riding the track would be cool for sure but even though its my Birthday/Anniversary the day of the race, i'm really excited for my 6 year old. He is 6 and has been to like 5 racetracks (california) already. But his comprehension of racing motorcycles is way more advanced than in years past and probably more than most adults

The kid knows all of WSBK and MOTOGP tracks names, he can spell them ALL and can tell you what country each track is in.

Don't know if im more excited for myself or for him.......lol!

GlockPointer 04-09-2014 08:34 PM

I am trackside all three days. Grandstand, up aways from the start line. XR650 fri night, VTR sat and sun.

GlockPointer 04-11-2014 09:14 PM

Mishap with the tickets, I am right next to the finish line in front of the podium. Fifth row from the track. I hope someone gets fired for this.

Tofazfou 04-17-2014 06:41 PM

The EVENT itself was the bomb. I had the best time of my life there with my Family. Even my Mother and Mother In Law enjoyed the race and it was their 1st time hearing and seeing GP bikes of any sort.

it was sooooo fun and i plan on coming back next year for sure. Give Indianapolis some thought this year too.