SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Why front swap paper closed? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/why-front-swap-paper-closed-13403/)

redman 12-16-2007 10:50 AM

Why front swap paper closed?

Here are MY stats
Owner installer Redman
onto 98vtr
forks, triples, wheel, discs...2002 954
fender RC51
bars ? fully adjustable clipons from a Ducati wreck
went with 2004 600RR 11/16ths brake mc for it's integral reservoir
RC51 calipers...the bigger ones
all ballz tapered rollers
I had to custom grind a lot off the bottom triple stops to get lock to lock....it's easy with a dremel as it's alloy. Moved rads back 3/4" so that bottom triple doesn't squash upper connecting hose. Put a few carefully chosen washers under key lock mounting screws and it fits fine and the steering lock works fine. Get some thin stainless washers and look carefully and do it, it's easy.
Haven't installed the fairing yet so I'm hoping there are no clearance issues.
total cost of all parts around $850

E.Marquez 12-16-2007 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by redman (Post 139968)
Here are MY stats
Owner installer Redman
onto 98vtr
forks, triples, wheel, discs...2002 954
fender RC51
bars ? fully adjustable clipons from a Ducati wreck
went with 2004 600RR 11/16ths brake mc for it's integral reservoir
RC51 calipers...the bigger ones
all ballz tapered rollers
I had to custom grind a lot off the bottom triple stops to get lock to lock....it's easy with a dremel as it's alloy. Moved rads back 3/4" so that bottom triple doesn't squash upper connecting hose. Put a few carefully chosen washers under key lock mounting screws and it fits fine and the steering lock works fine. Get some thin stainless washers and look carefully and do it, it's easy.
total cost of all parts around $850

Thank you.. I'll add your info right now..
Why closed?

Because it is a tech paper,, Not really a thread for user comments.. Just a place to find a clean thread with information. No weeding though hundreds of posts to fid the info. If there was a way in this forum software to always keep the tech info at the top of the thread, and the comments below, it would be open.. But for now the better solution is, read the white paper, and if you want more specific info, PM the user. If you want to discuss it, you can start a thread in the General or Mod forum.

Thanks

captainchaos 12-16-2007 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by redman (Post 139968)

LOL Have fun :) Just kidding some fiddling and it's not that bad. I did install a brembo radial mc so that sure didn't make it any easier...

KC-10ENG 12-16-2007 01:49 PM

TXS sent you a pm with updates and final config for the paper!