SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Wheels...dymag, pvm, etc? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/wheels-dymag-pvm-etc-14099/)

hawkman996 03-21-2008 06:48 PM

Wheels...dymag, pvm, etc?

I called WildBros today because they have the superhawk listed for the carrozzeria wheels. Unfortunately, they have been discontinued. I really wanted some of the high polish VStar forged rims. I was pretty bummed. He did tell me to look into some dymags.

What wheels, if any, has anyone put on their hawk? Does anyone know if some of the other wheels carrozzeria offers for honda can be coaxed to work for the hawk? I do not see anything listed from marchesini...I know they used to have cast mag 5 spokes. Are dymag and pvm my only options?

Any help, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeepingoose 03-21-2008 07:06 PM

I have Dymag CF rims with magnesium centers. Love em! Slight issue with a pinhole leak in the rim, but thier customer service is TOP NOTCH! They said they would recondition them and paint the centers any color i want for FREE because of the hassle of the problem.

nuhawk 03-21-2008 07:56 PM

You are most correct, Mike! They are starting to disappear and I only hope I can afford a set before they go away completely. It goes back to what you believe about the bike - everything I've done to my Superhawk makes it better for me. Spills now to the kid -we are exactly the same weight.

Unfortunately all the really expensive upgrades lie before us. Rearsets, wheels, billet triples - the list goes on. The problem is the Superhawk will fall off their map before it does for us.

There's been talk of some homegrown rearsets but I think wheels will be out of the equation. Hopefully these products will continue to be available:

Can Supports
Peg Replacements for High Mounts
High Mount Mid Pipes
Billet Triples - my fav
Spacer Kits for Rear Shock adaptations

Hopefully as the guys that ship our specs to China fade out, the local guys will step it up. It's a great platform.

It was ignored by Honda after it's intro - it's a classic. The Superhawk is like my old Schwinn with a big motor.

As such, parts will be required for years. Bike owners can justify a price if the quality is there. Quality of the part and quality of the buying experience is all part of the deal.

A very sharp machine shop group should be looking at these work-horse bikes of the late 90's as the next answer to today's energy costs.

They are the new authority in HP and the older Interceptors are just trick - nothing short.

They were all pre-pollution control - free breathing birds.

Imagine commuting on a freeway that was reserved for Superhawks. They could rent it out for the rest of the day. We only need it for a few minutes.

:winner:

GeMs 03-21-2008 11:47 PM

Jeep, what did those Dymags cost you? And were they the most expensive or the cheapest?

Jeepingoose 03-22-2008 12:26 AM

Honestly I dont know, they were on the bike already when I bought it. but I know they are more than what i payed for the bike itself. I paid about $1800 for the SH and I think these rims new are in the neighborhood of about $3000 maybe... i donno.

But if they are willing to waive the $400 fees to refurbish and paint the wheels for me just cause i have a problem with a small pinhole, than i would say they arent cheap! lol

hawkman996 03-30-2008 08:03 PM

I contacted oncycles about some dymag wheels...they are checking with dymag to make sure they have a fitment for the hawk. Those 7 spoke forged aluminum would look nice and function too! I've got my fingers crossed.

inderocker 03-31-2008 01:01 AM

Does anybody have any photos of aftermarket wheels installed on their VTR's?
I'd like to get some snazzy wheels for the Hawk before they disappear, but they are just too damn expensive!

hawkman996 03-31-2008 07:44 AM

I've searched all over the internet for pics and there are not too many. I will try to post some that I have saved on my comp.

Jeepingoose 04-03-2008 08:55 PM

I will post a few of mine, when i get home tomorrow.

hawkman996 04-04-2008 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jeepingoose (Post 158372)
I will post a few of mine, when i get home tomorrow.

Sounds good....would like to see the quality and fit.

skokievtr 04-04-2008 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jeepingoose (Post 156664)
Honestly I dont know, they were on the bike already when I bought it. but I know they are more than what i payed for the bike itself. I paid about $1800 for the SH and I think these rims new are in the neighborhood of about $3000 maybe... i donno.

But if they are willing to waive the $400 fees to refurbish and paint the wheels for me just cause i have a problem with a small pinhole, than i would say they arent cheap! lol

$1800!!! In HI? Dam!

Jeepingoose 04-05-2008 02:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few after i put on the new windscreen. Lemme know if you want to see more detailed or whatever.

gazza 10-27-2008 01:28 PM

i can get a set of mavric pvm wheels secondhand for a blackbird for R5000 (abt $500). can anyone tell me if they will fit my hawk? searched on here and found one thread stating that both blackbird wheels are interchangable with the hawk, but i'm not sure if that's true. please can someone help this mod addicted noob????