SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Two Bros. Racing Exhaust volume? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/two-bros-racing-exhaust-volume-14139/)

wrxdwpsti 03-25-2008 09:51 AM

Two Bros. Racing Exhaust volume?

How loud are the two brothers racing slip ons? obviously louder than stock, but how much louder than street slip-ons? thanks!

falcondrvr 03-25-2008 12:13 PM

they're pretty darn loud if u ask me but i've never gotten a negative comment about the quality of the music!

captainchaos 03-25-2008 01:36 PM

Yeah they're pretty loud...but the only aftermarket pipes I've ever heard that were a little quieter than all the others were yoshimuras. You can also do a progressive bafflectomy to the stockers if you're afraid of too much noise.

drew_c14 03-25-2008 01:40 PM

Devil with the baffles left in aren't to bad.

superbling 03-25-2008 01:49 PM

A well broken in set (nice way of saying blownout) of oval titanium highmounts came on superbling. They were very loud. I quickly sold them.

If loud is what you're after, you can't go wrong with D&D; especially used.

captainchaos 03-25-2008 02:13 PM

+1 D&D's are the loudest, especially if you get 'em used. At one point I went from D&D's to jardines and the difference was VERY noticeable, the jardines were MUCH quieter and they're pretty loud too.

eastreetmotorsports 03-31-2008 09:11 PM

oooh the sound!!!

:cool: i love the sound on my bike, they sound agressive and mean!! :evillaugh:

v-twin sexyness, i would recommend them!!! :winner:

rnb 04-01-2008 09:41 AM

two brothers on my brothers bike are louder than my d&d. they both sound great!!!!

trinc 04-01-2008 12:58 PM

2 bro's are pretty loud but everybody told me they sounded awesome ! D&D are loud too but i don't like their sound.

i switched to leo vince pipes with the removable baffle ( 1 screw ). also went to a low mount so i could put the rear pegs back on ... kids now old enough for short rides.

what i really like about the leo's is that you can cork them 2 ways or basically have a race core.

they have a washer ( with holes ) that goes in the mid-pipe plus the rear baffle that makes them sound a tad louder than stock, remove the washer & they sound a bit better... remove the washer & baffle and they are 'almost' as loud as the 2 brothers.

tim

RoofCleanPhenom 04-14-2008 02:29 PM

Mine had Two Bros. cans when I bought it, I can describe the sound as "throaty" and "mean". I love the sound, love the volume. Couldn't be happier. I'm not sure if they can be lifted under the rear fender though (those exhaust systems look super). I'd imagine the size alone makes it difficult, plus I'm almost positive I'd have to move my rear turn signals. I think I'm going to polish the cans up real nice and keep them low, but ever since I first heard this bike fire up, I was in love with the exhaust...the look, the sound, everything :)

speedhawk 04-15-2008 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 157145)
+1 D&D's are the loudest, especially if you get 'em used. At one point I went from D&D's to jardines and the difference was VERY noticeable, the jardines were MUCH quieter and they're pretty loud too.

oh man.. i bought my D&Ds new and they were super loud already. my friends dont usually complain about riding behind me... but most of them have v twins too. it just pisses off the 4 bangers
:gatlin:

Kendrick 04-15-2008 08:22 AM

I have the Jardine Black Round High mounts and they seem too crackly this spring. I don't know if I just forgot or if my new helmet is amplifying the sound.

On a side note, the stock microfiche show exhaust gaskets between the mids and header. Does anyone have these in an aftermarket set up. I changed from the D&D's that came with the bike to the jardines and have never seen an unmolested set up.

Thanks