SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   SuperBrace Definite Delivery Date (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/superbrace-definite-delivery-date-14004/)

skokievtr 03-11-2008 09:32 AM

SuperBrace Definite Delivery Date

All of you who had ordered SuperBraces (PN 2260) through the MFI group buy and did not cancel (like me) may be interested in knowing that Chris at SB (as approved Scott) called me this morning and stated that their standard polished aluminum fork braces would be ready to ship on or about March 21, 2008 and the black anodized braces a week later on March 28, 2008. They appologized profusely, and explained that their move to a new production facility was the reason for the lengthy delay, compounded with having to get out hotter selling braces first.

So if anyone wants to reorder or order anew (either through MFI or direct with SB - talk to Chris and tell them Bret notified the SH forum), you can do so now for $119 including shipping.

MarineHawk 03-11-2008 10:12 AM

How long has this been? Half a year? Let's just put customers who have paid on a back burner? Freaking ridiculous.

skokievtr 03-11-2008 10:33 AM

I ordered mine mid-October 07 but have not been in any rush.

Alpar 03-11-2008 11:11 AM

I was thinking about buying a SuperBrace after my roommate had brought it up. I'm still not sure if it will make a considerable difference to justify spending $120 for it.

Any thoughts???

MarineHawk 03-11-2008 11:15 AM

Considering all the reactions I've seen on this forum have been good ones, I'd say it's probably worth the money.

skokievtr 03-11-2008 11:28 AM

Grand Pooba Greg seems to think so enough he has one.

MarineHawk 03-11-2008 11:29 AM

Well, if -Greg- jumped off a cliff, would you?

Then again, I probably would too. ;)

superbling 03-11-2008 11:31 AM

Can you afford to gamble away $20*? You should be able to sell it easily for $99 used on fleece-bay if you don't like it.

*probably closer to a $10 difference if you figure the "free" shipping costs at about $10. Last I saw, they sold for $130ish plus shipping on ebay.

Hawkrider 03-11-2008 02:54 PM

Don't have it anymore now that the 1000RR forks are on.

nuhawk 03-11-2008 04:20 PM

I thought you were going to put it on the Yamaha, Greg? You still got it? LMK

skokievtr 03-11-2008 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 155373)
Don't have it anymore now that the 1000RR forks are on.

Have/can you posted detailed pics of your RR front end?

Syclone 03-11-2008 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Alpar (Post 155347)
I was thinking about buying a SuperBrace after my roommate had brought it up. I'm still not sure if it will make a considerable difference to justify spending $120 for it.

Any thoughts???

They're worth it, it tightens the front end up noticeably.

Hawkrider 03-11-2008 09:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Yes, it's sitting in the garage awaiting installation on the Cafe. But then this is a VTR forum so for all intensive purposes I don't have it anymore.

Here's a couple pics of the forks. There are some other pics from Tweety that show a nice Convertibar setup that he's installed. I think it's in Member's Rides.

roisman 03-23-2008 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by skokievtr (Post 155327)
All of you who had ordered SuperBraces (PN 2260) through the MFI group buy and did not cancel (like me) may be interested in knowing that Chris at SB (as approved Scott) called me this morning and stated that their standard polished aluminum fork braces would be ready to ship on or about March 21, 2008 and the black anodized braces a week later on March 28, 2008. They appologized profusely, and explained that their move to a new production facility was the reason for the lengthy delay, compounded with having to get out hotter selling braces first.

So if anyone wants to reorder or order anew (either through MFI or direct with SB - talk to Chris and tell them Bret notified the SH forum), you can do so now for $119 including shipping.

Hi! how can I place an order for this product?

skokievtr 03-23-2008 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by roisman (Post 156814)
Hi! how can I place an order for this product?

Call and talk to Chris at SB (800-322-4783) and ask him if you can do the SHF group buy (pn 2260) direct with him for $119 incl shpg. Tell him Bret (me) referred you. The SH brace should be avilable in about 2 weeks, they are machining them now and then they go out for polish for another week.

Let me know.

roisman 03-23-2008 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by skokievtr (Post 156874)
Call and talk to Chris at SB (800-322-4783) and ask him if you can do the SHF group buy (pn 2260) direct with him for $119 incl shpg. Tell him Bret (me) referred you. The SH brace should be avilable in about 2 weeks, they are machining them now and then they go out for polish for another week.

Let me know.

Thanks!! will call superbrace asap.

LineArrayNut 04-15-2008 08:21 PM

has anyone actually received product from SuperBrace?

I ordered 2 weeks ago and they said it would ship in 2 days... just wondering if anyone else had gotten theirs.

skokievtr 04-15-2008 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut (Post 159863)
I ordered 2 weeks ago and they said it would ship in 2 days... just wondering if anyone else had gotten theirs.

I spoke to Chris last Friday and he said he thought one order had been shipped, I don't know if it was yours. What is your name I'll check tomorrow (you can PM me).

Did you order standard polished aluminum or black anodized (which is first polished and then sent out to a vendor)? Chris said he was hoping anodized would be back this week and going out.

Don't feel bad, I've been waiting since Oct 07! They moved locations and had trouble getting restarted and then we had to wait until more popular model orders got mfgd. Yeh, I know it sucks but they have it together finally.

LineArrayNut 04-15-2008 09:29 PM

pm sent

this morning (4/21) i get the usual "in the next day or so they should ship" from Chris. i'm not going to let this one get me - i'm calling every two days and canceling at the end of 30 days. they don't have it together, at all.

LineArrayNut 04-23-2008 12:42 PM

still nothing , no straight answers , no knowledge of when , same namby-pamby response of "should be today or tommorrow" useless crap:mad:

skokievtr 04-23-2008 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut (Post 161021)
still nothing , no straight answers , no knowledge of when , same namby-pamby response of "should be today or tommorrow" useless crap:mad:

I spoke to Chris yesterday after talking to Scott last week. He was supposed to get back with me after confering with Scott. I'm not holding my breath. I complained for you and everyone (but me). It really should be any day now. Its got to be.

skokievtr 04-25-2008 01:16 PM

Believe it or not...

I did not speak to him but Chris of SB actually called and left me a message that the polished VTR braces will be shipping to outstanding orders today, and that future orders can be filled immediately with their stock on hand (unknown how many). Chris also stated that if the anodizing vendor delivers, they should be shipping late next week to those of you like me who ordered a black anodized unit. I am not affiliated with SB, and have only been staying after SB on behalf of the forum.

LineArrayNut 05-01-2008 03:35 PM

it showed up today

any suggestions on stock plastic fork protector removal methods?

Hawkrider 05-01-2008 04:04 PM

Hairdryer to warm the plastic and then use a flat screwdriver on the inside of the protector to work it off.

skokievtr 05-01-2008 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 162331)
Hairdryer to warm the plastic and then use a flat screwdriver on the inside of the protector to work it off.

Thats a good method but a sharp hammer on a small wood block at 2 & 10 O'Clock with pop it up off the detents, and then a carefull cut with a single-edge razor blade heated cherry red on the vertical mold flash line at 6 O'Clock will allow removing them over the stacion tubes so you don't have to pull the forks.

They did not polish the underside? I'm still waiting for my black anodized unit but am not waiting and am installing my fairing and getting it up and running this weekend. I'm dying to test out my RC51 MC and 4Fi caliper combo and Tommaselli 3-way clip-ons among other winter mods.

LineArrayNut 05-01-2008 04:23 PM

they did not finish polishing the underside and left some polishing compound in the rough parts and bolt heads. oh well, at least it's here. thanks much for both suggestions, will try out tommorrow and report back results. also, is it really necessary to loosen the axle pinch bolts? what torque on the pinch bolts if so to re-tighten?

skokievtr 05-02-2008 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut (Post 162337)
they did not finish polishing the underside and left some polishing compound in the rough parts and bolt heads. oh well, at least it's here. thanks much for both suggestions, will try out tommorrow and report back results. also, is it really necessary to loosen the axle pinch bolts? what torque on the pinch bolts if so to re-tighten?

Yes, it is necessary to loosen the Left axle clamp bolts and squeeze the brake lever and "pump" the forks, then tighten the fork brace bolts, then retighten the Left axle clamp bolts to 16 ft lbs. Your axle should be lightly greased, so if you have not had the front wheel off recently or don't know, you may be able to shoot some lube around the axle in the Left clamp....

LineArrayNut 05-02-2008 07:45 AM

ok, i was planning on picking up the front end off the ground to make sure there was no 'bias' with a couple of ratchet straps from the carport.
now, why just the left? just to get the forks out of tension vis a vis each other?
i'm pretty sure this 2003 was bought as a leftover and then neglected. the engine oil was opaque black when i changed it after i bought it. so i doubt the wheel has ever been off.
grease the mating surface that the pinch bolts clamp? i have a variety of spray lubes from light to heavy (wd-40 to chain lube and a few in between) - what would be best?
just to be clear, what does the brake and fork pump do, just more residual stress relieving?

skokievtr 05-02-2008 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut (Post 162480)
ok, i was planning on picking up the front end off the ground to make sure there was no 'bias' with a couple of ratchet straps from the carport.
now, why just the left? just to get the forks out of tension vis a vis each other?
i'm pretty sure this 2003 was bought as a leftover and then neglected. the engine oil was opaque black when i changed it after i bought it. so i doubt the wheel has ever been off.
grease the mating surface that the pinch bolts clamp? i have a variety of spray lubes from light to heavy (wd-40 to chain lube and a few in between) - what would be best?
just to be clear, what does the brake and fork pump do, just more residual stress relieving?

sounds like you answered your own questions. its best to have something like Mobil 1 syn grease on the bearing and clamp axle surfaces but may be able to get some in on just the left clamp length. keep it off the brake pads.

Shortlived99 05-02-2008 09:01 PM

saw a couple on ebay for about 100 bucks.