SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   sonic vs. racetech springs (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/sonic-vs-racetech-springs-14065/)

roisman 03-17-2008 10:28 PM

sonic vs. racetech springs

Hi! I am planning to change fork springs on my superhawk and want to go with 0.90kg ratings as advised on the racetech site. Just want to ask if anybody has any feedback on the Sonic springs against Racetech springs. The sonic brand is priced about $20 lower than a set of racetechs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

YellowHawk 03-18-2008 07:10 AM

I have 0.95kg racetec an mine and it is great- I am 180 lbs 6'1" and there is hardly any dive under braking. Don't know much about the sonic's

trinc 03-18-2008 08:20 AM

i rebuilt mine with sonic springs. from my discussions they are made of the same material and are individually tested just like the 'others'.

save the money & buy the sonics ( unless you're buying gold valves too & can get a discount )

tim

YellowHawk 03-18-2008 09:00 AM

Ya, that's right...I did get my kit with the gold valves for $105.

roisman 03-18-2008 06:37 PM

Thanks guys for the feed back.
when you say gold valves it means Racetech valves right? or does sonic have these too?

truepath 03-20-2008 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by YellowHawk (Post 156211)

where did you get the springs and valves for that price? :drool:

roisman 03-21-2008 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by YellowHawk (Post 156211)

do you mean you got a set of springs and gold valves for that price? was it used?

Hawkrider 03-24-2008 05:16 PM

Back to the original question, I know for a fact that RT does NOT individually test their springs. A more competent shop such as GP Suspension does, and rates their springs down to 2.5kg/mm. They might cost a few bucks more but at least you know what you're getting. My recommendation - call Sonic Springs and ask them if they test each one.

RK1 03-24-2008 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 157013)
Back to the original question, I know for a fact that RT does NOT individually test their springs. A more competent shop such as GP Suspension does, and rates their springs down to 2.5kg/mm. They might cost a few bucks more but at least you know what you're getting. My recommendation - call Sonic Springs and ask them if they test each one.

Greg, do you know Race Tech doesn't test each spring 'cause they just don't, or do you know because people have recieved out of spec springs?

jschmidt 03-26-2008 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 157013)

Then again, neither does Honda or Ducati.

Hawkrider 03-26-2008 07:49 PM

I'm on a suspension forum and got this information from a reliable source.