Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Lightweight flywheel headed to Australia

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Lightweight flywheel headed to Australia

4 lb 7 oz...another one done and headed out, Packaged with a RR kit for good measure.

Boxed up with an OEM gasket and ready to start its trip to Australia monday morning ...12 days later....the sweet zing of speedy RPMs
Old 04-06-2019, 08:12 PM
Squid

VTRsquid is on a distinguished road
Was just thinking to myself today how one of these might be nice and wondering if you ship to Aus...
Old 04-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by VTRsquid
Was just thinking to myself today how one of these might be nice and wondering if you ship to Aus...
Morning sent you a PM, thanks
Old 01-01-2020, 03:12 AM
Squid

John Orchard is on a distinguished road
Hmmm l need one here in Melbourne, Australia too, can you just supply or do you need a change-over sent?

Do they need to be balanced as per original?

Regards, John.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:00 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by John Orchard
Hmmm l need one here in Melbourne, Australia too, can you just supply or do you need a change-over sent?

Do they need to be balanced as per original?

Regards, John.
For the non US folks that want them its cheapest to buy an ebay one and have it shipped to me or buy one of my on hand spares at $50. just depends on what kind of deals you can find on line.

As for balancing after lightening, no they are not. There has been no need found to do so.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:11 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Yeah, it's summer in Australia so we are shipping orders there on a weekly basis. It always makes me jealous thinking about them riding when all I see is motorcycles under covers!
Old 01-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Squid

John Orchard is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
Yeah, it's summer in Australia so we are shipping orders there on a weekly basis. It always makes me jealous thinking about them riding when all I see is motorcycles under covers!
In the Australian state of Victoria (actually all states really) we can ride the year round, it's better in Winter (when it isn't raining) as in Summer, riding in shorts, the bikes frame gets super hot from engine heat, easy to burn ones legs :-)
Old 01-02-2020, 02:07 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
what is this thing you called winter and the storage of motorcycles Undercovers you discussed?

lol

it’s winter in Texas it’s also 61° clear and perfect riding weather

Come on down Jamie I’ll loan you a bike will go ride
Old 02-25-2020, 08:48 PM
apezman07
Squid

apezman07 is on a distinguished road
I'm seriously considering a lightened flywheel. How hard is it to remove/ install? Isn't it essentially taking the cover off and unbolting the thing? I have years of mechanic experience but am tired of wrenching on this bike and don't wanna get into anything too in depth at the moment.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:18 AM
Superstock

CaryDG is on a distinguished road
Super easy! Unbolt the cover, unbolt the flywheel (one nut) use the appropriate puller, reassemble with the lightened flywheel (using the supplied gasket). You will have a freer, quicker, revving bike in minutes. The best, most noticeable, bolt-on performance mod I've done. Thank You Eric.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:03 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by apezman07
I'm seriously considering a lightened flywheel. How hard is it to remove/ install? Isn't it essentially taking the cover off and unbolting the thing? I have years of mechanic experience but am tired of wrenching on this bike and don't wanna get into anything too in depth at the moment.
It really is an easy swap, hardest part will be scraping off the old hard gasket from case and cover.

Of course you need the tools to remove the center bolt, hold the flywheel, turn in the flywheel remover (about $10 https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0074 ) and off pops the flywheel (if using hand tools, you may need to apply pressure with the tool and bang the end of the tool once with a hammer, the shock will break the stiction of the crank / flywheel taper) And then to reinstall, change over the sprag bearing to the new flywheel (not pressed in, held with bolts) clean the crank and flywheel oil free, install flywheel and torque center bolt to spec.