SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   RC51 exhaust? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/rc51-exhaust-33332/)

SXRguyinMA 07-03-2015 11:43 AM

RC51 exhaust?

Does anyone know is the RC exhaust will fit on the VTR? I searched but couldn't find any info. The reason I ask is TiForce makes a full kit for the RC. I had a full TiForce on my TLR and it was SEXY in looks and sound. Any ideas?

8541Hawk 07-03-2015 11:52 AM

Nope, completely different pipe set up, sorry

mikstr 07-03-2015 02:41 PM

go to Yahoo Japan Auctions. eBay Japan, there are many nice, clean used full systems for sale (Japan) for very reasonable prices.....

scottiemann 07-03-2015 07:46 PM

delkevic...

danmoto is an option but lesser quality

scottiemann 07-03-2015 07:47 PM

delkevics look REAL nice and wont break the budget

captainchaos 07-04-2015 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by scottiemann (Post 388129)
delkevics look REAL nice and wont break the budget

+1. Delkevics are very nice quality. Danmotos are stupid LOUD and are made out of recycled beer cans... but they're cheap. Personally would rather spend the money on a decent used pair of better quality mufflers and put a little elbow grease into shining them up if that's your thing (which it sounds like you already have in the Yoshis).

RC51 full system...No. Slip ons? You can use the mufflers, and an RC51 right midpipe will fit a Superhawk header. Its the correct bend though if I recall it's a little longer. The left midpipe will NOT work as a Superhawk is a 90 degree bend out of the header and the RC51 is somewhat less... Pretty much though you need Superhawk specific midpipes. I'll have a used full Akrapovic system up for sale on here shortly. PM me if it's something you'd be interested in as these things aren't getting any easier to come by.

SXRguyinMA 07-04-2015 01:17 PM

They look all alright but they're all stainless or carbon. I want the TiForce specifically for the full titanium headers and excellent quality. I paid $1800 for the full system I had on my TLR and it was perfect. I had a full Yosh with SS headers and Ti cans, then went to a full Akra and finally to the TiForce and the TiForce by far was the nicest in quality and sound

captainchaos 07-04-2015 01:47 PM

Yeah if you've got the money to spend your biggest problem is finding something. TiForce never made one for the Superhawk (that I've ever seen or heard of). And out of the full systems I do know of off the top of my head I believe the Moriwaki was the only all titanium one. Everything else was a stainless header. There are a brand new pair of ti Moriwaki slip ons on ebay (down from $3k to $1k and back up to $3k)... And at that price I'd probably put those up on the wall before I ever put them on my bike.

I guess you could just buy an RC51 and then go bananas.

SXRguyinMA 07-04-2015 01:50 PM

Yea that's why I was asking about RC 51 fitment as TiForce makes slip-ons for it. Ooh well. I'll just stick with my SS Yoshi's lol.

captainchaos 07-04-2015 01:56 PM

I know each company is different will they sell you just the mufflers? If so then you'd just have to come up with some hangers and midpipes. It may be worth doing if you're bent on TiForce. Can't really blame you they make really nice stuff. But yeah if so you're going to have to have some stuff custom made...