SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   race tech fork springs! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/race-tech-fork-springs-26539/)

Bearshawk 09-05-2011 01:55 PM

race tech fork springs!

woo got some race tech fork springs spring for my weight to go with my new rc51 brakes :) and just bought EBC sintered HH pads along with a new air filter from bikebandit.com

im PUMPED to feel the difference a nice set of springs and brakes will have on my riding

just thought i would share the good news :cool:

8541Hawk 09-05-2011 02:01 PM

Should be a big difference. Now you just need a fork brace and to get the valving sorted and you're set..... at least for a while..... ;)

jay956 09-05-2011 06:04 PM

any use for the old springs?? ;)

jdahkvtr1000 09-06-2011 06:24 AM

yo Bearshawk, I am in process of procuring these same exact mods for my 97'. I have the 2003 RC51 calipers and the MC. Been reviewing the RaceTech springs.

I am 200 lbs (91kg) and ride on street, moderately.

Curious..

On the forks:
did you do any valve replacements / mods in the forks as well ?
or just the springs ?

On the RC51 calipers:
did you use the original VTR brake rotors ?

Brake Pads:
EBC sintered HH pads... is this the part number reference or the bikebandit ref.

best regards,
james

Bearshawk 09-06-2011 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by jdahkvtr1000 (Post 313351)
yo Bearshawk, I am in process of procuring these same exact mods for my 97'. I have the 2003 RC51 calipers and the MC. Been reviewing the RaceTech springs.

I am 200 lbs (91kg) and ride on street, moderately.

Curious..

On the forks:
did you do any valve replacements / mods in the forks as well ?
or just the springs ?

On the RC51 calipers:
did you use the original VTR brake rotors ?

Brake Pads:
EBC sintered HH pads... is this the part number reference or the bikebandit ref.

best regards,
james

Hello james

i just ordered the springs yesterday and no i have no valving done i talked to our very own Jamie about this and he said while it isnt going to be the best set up it will definitely be an improvement for now...until i send him my front end and have it done right :)

original rotors should work according to the research i did prior to buying the brakes, and the EBC sintered HH pads is just the type of pads i bought, seemed like a good medium (i dont like going cheap on brakes)

we are pretty similar in size im 220 and i frequently ride 2 up and when im alone i ride pretty aggressively so i need more feel up front

I will post pictures of the process as i begin

Thanks!

Bearshawk 09-06-2011 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by jay956 (Post 313311)
any use for the old springs?? ;)

homemade pogo stick?

no i dont have any use for them... are you saying you do??? :p

JamieDaugherty 09-06-2011 05:24 PM

Hey guys, just an FYI - I can save you about $40 on the cost of fork springs over the price of the RaceTech parts. I also include pre-cut spacers at no extra cost to make the install a breeze. Just let me know what rate you need!

Bearshawk 09-06-2011 07:17 PM

i sure didnt know that jamie!