SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   New tire experiences ?? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/new-tire-experiences-14395/)

cliby 04-16-2008 06:32 PM

New tire experiences ??

with new tires coming out all the time just wondering who has some experience with the most recent new sport tires - not necessarily track only, but definitely hard sport riding on street/occasional track days - mileage not an issue but need to warm up quickly and at least function in the wet when needed. I need to replace my street tires. thanks

mikstr 04-16-2008 06:53 PM

I spoke to a few folks who went to the launch of the latest Pilot Road II's and they raved about them, especially in the wet. Of course, you may be looking for something sportier.

One of my colleages went to the launch of the new Diablo Rosso's and was very pleased with them. They spent teh better part of the day on a track (Streets of Willow) and he said they gripped very well and hardly showed any signs of wear.

Hope that helps :)

996 04-16-2008 06:57 PM

My two experiences so far are the Michelin Pilot Sports and then I went to the Pirelli Diablo Corsa's. They are very similar I think. Overal they are both very good street performance tires. I like the Corsa's better for quicker transfers into corners, but I also switched from a 190 rear to a 180 rear at the same time which most likely had the bigger effect.

Hawkrider 04-16-2008 06:59 PM

I've had very good luck with the Qualifiers.

superhawk22 04-16-2008 07:29 PM

The qualifiers were good, don't know how long they last though, I never got the chance to find out. I tried the Continental Sport Attack after reading about them in the master bike shoot out last year,(it was their spec tire), I was very impressed. I've done 3 1/2 track days on them and a bunch of street miles to boot and they still have lots of tread left I also liked the Road Attack for the street and I might be trying the new Race Attack next.

mikstr 04-16-2008 07:35 PM

das ist ein goot Deutsch tire?

macd218 04-16-2008 07:37 PM

I've run the michelin 2ct at the streets of willow on a very hot day and they held up great.

nuhawk 04-16-2008 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by mikstr (Post 159996)
das ist ein goot Deutsch tire?

nah, go gooten for rippin in the schneewitten.

fishface 04-16-2008 10:24 PM

ive conti sport attack on my ride and there top banahna ;)

8541Hawk 04-17-2008 12:07 AM

I run Qualifiers and have had good luck with them.

drew_c14 04-17-2008 03:58 AM

+1 on conti sport attack. Quick warm up, decent grip, and fair price.

cliby 04-17-2008 05:05 AM

thanks guys for all the opinions. I'm going to order some qualifiers and give those a try this time around. Will post impressions after some miles

TheRezyReb 04-17-2008 06:27 AM

METZ M-3 HERE, NO COMPLAINTS

quiksliver 04-17-2008 10:50 AM

pilot powers!!

I have been riding on the powers for about 2k miles and i have abused them! they hold just about as well when they are wet as when they are dry, very confidence inspiring. i got lucky and when i bought my bike the lady i bought it from had both brand new tires!! only tire i would rather have? 2CT's just gotta were out these first

Prilliant03 04-17-2008 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by superhawk22 (Post 159995)
The qualifiers were good, don't know how long they last though, I never got the chance to find out. I tried the Continental Sport Attack after reading about them in the master bike shoot out last year,(it was their spec tire), I was very impressed. I've done 3 1/2 track days on them and a bunch of street miles to boot and they still have lots of tread left I also liked the Road Attack for the street and I might be trying the new Race Attack next.

That's excellent news. I'm due to replace my tyres next week and had been reading very positive reviews of the Sport Attacks. Looks like I'll be giving them a try. Certainly can't argue with the price. my local fitter is offering them for £137 a pair, fitted to loose wheels and balanced.

FTMS 04-18-2008 03:22 AM

I am running Avon. Been quite happy with them.