Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

New Quickshifter

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 03:03 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
New Quickshifter

With the break-in of my recently rebuilt engine now well on its way to completion, I have turned my attention to playing with the newly installed Quickshifter Easy by Healtech. Those of you familiar with the unit (those who are not can look it up) know that it can mounted either on the shift linkage rod or on the bolt holding the shifter arm in place. As I had mine installed as part of my submitted "to do list" for the rebuild, I chatted with the tech about it and he was of the opinion that the best place was on the shift rod and so there it went.

I downloaded the smartphone app (for iPhone in my case) and off I went to program it. One I figured out how to get the app to communicate with the unit via Bluetooth (tech gadgets are not my forte), I programmed in some settings I had worked out based on settings used by owners of other bikes. I finally tested it today and it works as advertised. I did some fine-tuning to get it to shift more smoothly and am comfortable with the way I have it now; it is smooth and works every time. It does produce a slight backfire on occasion, though this is to be expected as it cuts the ignition (and not the fuel as it does on FI bikes).

I don't plan on using it all the time, but it's there when I want to use it. Was it necessary? No, but then my bike is almost the poster child of unnecessary mods/stuff, lol

also, back to the rebuild briefly, the engine is getting smoother and snappier all the time. Me happy

cheers
Old 06-21-2018, 04:58 PM
VTR virgin
Superstock

Cadbury64 is on a distinguished road
The backfire should be included in the unique selling proposition....
Old 06-21-2018, 05:17 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cadbury64
The backfire should be included in the unique selling proposition....
Not desirable by yours truly, but a necessary evil it would seem. Nice of someone to offer a QS for our bikes, especially one that is programmable and so user-friendly