SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   New! Fork Cartridge Kits (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/new-fork-cartridge-kits-32518/)

JamieDaugherty 09-10-2014 01:15 PM

New! Fork Cartridge Kits

5 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to let you guys know that I've recently released a fork cartridge upgrade kit for the VTR1000F. I've been working hard on these for the past couple of years and they are finally ready. One of the biggest goal for this kit was that it something the owner can install themselves. This eliminates the need to send the forks to me for the upgrade. I will still be offering the standard fork spring and revalve services and will also be installing these cartridge kits as well.

Pricing is $575 shipped within the US. Please send me an email at jamie@daughertymotorsports.com if you are interested in ordering. International orders are welcome.

Features:

- All new DMr BD Series compression valving
- All new DMr BD Series rebound valving
- Includes springs and spacers for a direct fit
- New damping rods and adjustable caps
- Adds external damping adjustment (on models not equipped from the factory)
- Valving setup and spring rate configured specifically for each rider and application
- Utilizes OEM cartridge tubes, no need to pay for what you don't need
- All valving parts are preassembled
- Includes detailed instructions for easy installation
- Made in the USA!

NZSpokes 09-10-2014 01:19 PM

What improvement would I get from this over my current set up of Racetech springs and a Gold comp valve set up? Does this make compression adjustable as well?

E.Marquez 09-10-2014 02:03 PM

Jamie;
What advantage, differences are there in use (not design and parts) between your in house custom build and these drop in assemblies?

JamieDaugherty 09-10-2014 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by NZSpokes (Post 378030)
What improvement would I get from this over my current set up of Racetech springs and a Gold comp valve set up? Does this make compression adjustable as well?

Probably the biggest thing is that you would get BD Series valving that I would configure specifically for you. The cartridge kit also includes new rebound valving which increases performance. These do not add compression adjustability.

If you already have springs you can email me for a quote that does not include those parts.

JamieDaugherty 09-10-2014 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 378035)
Jamie;
What advantage, differences are there in use (not design and parts) between your in house custom build and these drop in assemblies?

The cartridge kits include upgraded rebound valving also. That is something I also offer as in-house install. Really, the whole purpose of these kits is to allow the customer to be able to install them and not have to send the forks to me. Over the years I have noticed that is a big hurdle for most owners so this addresses that need.

mikstr 09-10-2014 04:27 PM

Very impressive stuff Jamie :)

PT Matt2 01-09-2019 09:40 PM

Bump so I can find it!
Jamie, do you still have these?

E.Marquez 01-10-2019 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by PT Matt2 (Post 408807)
Bump so I can find it!

I believe he does, best to email him though jamie@daughertymotorsports.com he does not get around to the forum super often. Might ask about his new rear shock offering as well.

JamieDaugherty 01-11-2019 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by PT Matt2 (Post 408807)
Bump so I can find it!

You bet, we sure do. Shoot me an email for more details!

Swampy 01-12-2019 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 408808)
I believe he does, best to email him though jamie@daughertymotorsports.com he does not get around to the forum super often. Might ask about his new rear shock offering as well.

From recent personal experience I can report that the new rear shocks are awesome. Cheapest bolt on performance upgrade I've made yet!