SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   New Carbon Yoshi's (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/new-carbon-yoshis-16547/)

Blue Ridge Boy 10-21-2008 08:32 AM

New Carbon Yoshi's

My new Yoshimura RS-3 carbon fiber pipes came in today at work. I currently have a pair of the older style Two Brothers stainless exhaust and good lord do my neighbors hate me. I can't wait to get home tonight and throw them on. I will definitely be posting pics later. My buddy also bought the same carbon RS-3 exhaust for his ZZR and he'll be coming over so we can install them at the same time. My heart will not slow down! Haha. :D

Blue Ridge Boy 10-21-2008 08:34 AM

BTW - Working at a motorcycle shop kicks ass. $500! Haha.

ericb269 10-21-2008 12:54 PM

WHAT R U DOING WITH THE OTHER PIPES YOU ARE TAKING OFF. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE SELLING THEM

bowhawk 10-21-2008 02:07 PM

Deals

We are staying in Ashville on our next trip to deals in May. Any advice on roads or things to see would be helpful. We usually buy a few sets of rubber while we are there, any deals? Cheers

Sablotny 10-21-2008 04:26 PM

You gotta post a sound clip... if that's possible. I've got Vance & Hines S4 Ti's with the race baffles, and damn they're loud. I like 'em more than when I first got the bike (or I've gone deaf) but on 150 mile weekend tours they're on the verge of being too much. The Yosh's pop up on Ebay every once in a while.

Blue Ridge Boy 10-21-2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ericb269 (Post 186062)
WHAT R U DOING WITH THE OTHER PIPES YOU ARE TAKING OFF. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE SELLING THEM

There are two others ahead of ya...but I was planning on just trashin em. They are beat to hell! haha.

Blue Ridge Boy 10-21-2008 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by bowhawk (Post 186068)
We are staying in Ashville on our next trip to deals in May. Any advice on roads or things to see would be helpful. We usually buy a few sets of rubber while we are there, any deals? Cheers

Well I'd be glad to show you around. There are sooo many roads and loops. 74, 151, 9, etc. I could go on forever. I work at the local shop so when you do come down...and I still happen to still be living in Asheville (might be moving to Chapel Hill around that time) I'd love to help ya out with anything and show ya around the town.

Blue Ridge Boy 10-21-2008 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sablotny (Post 186080)
You gotta post a sound clip... if that's possible. I've got Vance & Hines S4 Ti's with the race baffles, and damn they're loud. I like 'em more than when I first got the bike (or I've gone deaf) but on 150 mile weekend tours they're on the verge of being too much. The Yosh's pop up on Ebay every once in a while.

I'll get pics and a video tomorrow. I just finished installing them and good lord are they quiet. I've been used to the TBR's and it's a huge difference. They are actually really close to the stockers at idle and up to 4k rpm.

supermonie 10-22-2008 12:44 PM

My yosi's are quiet too Where are the pics?!?!?

Blue Ridge Boy 11-05-2008 07:11 PM

5 Attachment(s)
It's about time I got around to this...

Blue Ridge Boy 11-05-2008 07:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
...and the shitty TBR's that came off. I'm thinking these will just be up for grabs...just pay shipping.

...if you have the time...unlike me...all these would need to be back to decent shape are a real good sanding and polishing...and new packing.

jbaxx 11-05-2008 07:24 PM

I'm interested in thr TBR's if they are high mount. Just dropped my bike today. :(

Blue Ridge Boy 11-05-2008 07:30 PM

nope...lows.

catch-22 11-05-2008 07:38 PM

Look like lo mounts in the avatar. If Jbaxx doesnt want them I'll take em.
PM sent

VTRsurfer 11-05-2008 08:45 PM

What is your jetting, and do you need to change it going from the TBR's to the Yosh? I almost bought a set of Yosh slip-ons 6 months ago thinking maybe I could get away without jetting, then a Honda tech said 95% sure it would need a rejet. So I backed out.

I put a Yosh slip-on on my wife's '07 SV650S a year ago....no remapping required.

Blue Ridge Boy 11-05-2008 09:20 PM

I have a BMC filter and the Yoshi's pipes and no jet kit. I had a jet kit though. The head mechanic at my shop (has worked on Honda's for over 50 years and particularly loves working on the VTR's) was working on my bike when he stumbled across the jet kit I had installed. He told me I needed to ditch the thing and let him work his magic. I got my bike back and it ran F-ing amazing! He told me all he did was re-install the factory jets.

BeerHunter 11-06-2008 03:03 AM

BMC makes 2 different air filters for the VTR. Which one do you have? and what type of jet kit was installed before the mechanic removed it?

Blue Ridge Boy 11-06-2008 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by BeerHunter (Post 187804)
BMC makes 2 different air filters for the VTR. Which one do you have? and what type of jet kit was installed before the mechanic removed it?

Street filter and Dynojet.

inderocker 11-07-2008 12:07 AM

PM sent on TBR pipes!