SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Loose Hindle can (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/loose-hindle-can-20804/)

CANADAVTR 11-20-2009 07:35 PM

Loose Hindle can

My 'new' VTR1000F has aftermarket Hindle cans. One of the cans is 'loose' where the the exhaust goes into the can...making the can move around if I try to wiggle the can. It's rubbed against the passenger footpeg and badly marked the can and the peg.:mad:

Small price to pay coz when the bike is fired up the sound is amazing!

Any way that I can tighten the whole thing?

raptorrider 11-21-2009 06:43 AM

collector seal

Had the same problem, ordered a new collector exhaust seal from Honda. Price of seal is cheap $11.00 US dollars, Mine was still a bit loose, so i bought a slightly smaller exhaust clamp, since the one i had ran out of thread. Good luck. Exhaust seal slides onto collector, then mid-pipe over it.

NVDutchie 11-26-2009 05:38 AM

Canada-
I have the same cans except mine are Ti High Mounts
I had to make new brackets for mine, unfortunately they come with cheap hardware
aluminum they were too short blah blah ...
by the sounds of it your Hindles bolt on to the pass. pegs?

Bolalype73 12-04-2009 07:43 PM

Loose Hindle can

Is it possible to have more than one mod, and only use one at a time; or to have the original and a mod, so u can use either?

finepooch 12-04-2009 08:25 PM

assuming slip ons. get down to princess auto. get heavy clamps at and some high temp copper gasket maker(permatex?). make sure you use the gasket maker on the male piece of pipe. loosly assemble the slip ons. wipe off the excess gasket maker. tighten everything down. hopefully this will fix you up.

the sound is great!!! i4s suck!

finepooch 12-04-2009 08:26 PM

oh, the worst part of two cans is getting them symetrical.

CANADAVTR 12-05-2009 04:10 PM

Thanks guys...finepooch..good call on Princess Auto...I have one in Whitby near where we live. I'll check it out. PS they are also a customer of mine! I sell the Choko Trapper hats and baseball hats to Princess - check them out next time you are in a store! ;)

uchi 12-06-2009 05:53 AM

if you ever need t bolt clamps princess auto carry's then. i needed some my for jardines as my stock clamps didnt fit, and princes auto has them but theyre in the hydraulic hose section

finepooch 12-06-2009 03:51 PM

yeah, that's the proper name, t bolt clamps! thanks uchi!

i was at princess auto yesterday. they did good by me again. needed a men's gift for our christmas yankee swap. $16 later i had a 3M candle power recharable flash light, complete with a box imitating gift wrapping! i was pretty happy to see that and didn't hesitate for a second.

what i actually went in for was a fur lined winter hat that was in their flyer. is this the trapper hat you sell them? i could not find it, and i usually have a hard time finding what i came for.

princess auto has some real garbage, and some good stuff. i have a couple torque wrenches from there and i always wonder if it's calibrated accurately. i bought a honda clone engine there that is a champ. wire strippers blew up into two pieces upon my first squeeze of the trigger, which at least made me laugh!

superbikemike 12-06-2009 04:05 PM

Yeah, I bought a breaking bar at princess which promptly broke! That made me laugh but they take stuff back no ? asked. Princess auto is great! They are a 3 and a half hours drive from me but I'm going there tommorrow! Yeah!

CANADAVTR 12-06-2009 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by finepooch (Post 245452)
what i actually went in for was a fur lined winter hat that was in their flyer. is this the trapper hat you sell them? i could not find it, and i usually have a hard time finding what i came for.

Yep, we sell them the Trapper hats..they are Canadian designed (by us)and we sell thousands of 'em! Send me your PM address and I'll mail you a Trapper - you'll love it! Take a look on our website www.choko.com and let me know which one...price same as Princess, but I'll mail it free...BTW which store did you visit?.

John