Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Limited Time Offer - DMr Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 05:00 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Limited Time Offer - DMr Shifter

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I'm making a run of our shifters. I do not intend to stock these, so if you would like one now would be the time! Price will be $105 each in either clear anodize or raw aluminum. Just like always, the shifters include precision roller bearing pivot and new heim joint for the lever side of the linkage.

Shoot me an email to jamie@daughertymotorsports.com for ordering information.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I'm making a run of our shifters. I do not intend to stock these, so if you would like one now would be the time! Price will be $105 each in either clear anodize or raw aluminum. Just like always, the shifters include precision roller bearing pivot and new heim joint for the lever side of the linkage.

I'll share this to the UK forum and 2 VTR FB groups Im on
Old 01-13-2019, 06:22 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Great shifter, I highly recommend.
Works amazing, had it for a while now, still like brand new, thanks Jaimie
Old 01-14-2019, 07:11 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Just to add a pic for those that have not seen it before elsewhere
Old 01-14-2019, 09:02 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NHSH
Great shifter, I highly recommend.
Works amazing, had it for a while now, still like brand new, thanks Jaimie
Same here.
I can add that I crash tested mine and while the toe piece sheared off cleanly, no other damaged occurred. Jamie (thank you) supplied me with a replacement, It bolted on and all is new again.
Get one while you can!

Old 01-14-2019, 04:43 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by E.Marquez

Just to add a pic for those that have not seen it before elsewhere
That's a really old version! I made some significant changes after that first run. Since then the levers got a new style and ball bearing pivot. I couldn't find a photograph, so hopefully this screenshot will suffice.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:56 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road

Just sent off my email...!
Old 01-14-2019, 05:55 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

That's a really old version! I made some significant changes after that first run. Since then the levers got a new style and ball bearing pivot. I couldn't find a photograph, so hopefully this screenshot will suffice.
Whoops I loaded the wrong photo, that was my first one from you, I bought another when you changed the design.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:15 AM
SuperSport

ACE VenTRa is on a distinguished road
What are the odds of getting it made out of stainless?
Old 02-04-2019, 09:39 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by ACE VenTRa
What are the odds of getting it made out of stainless?
Ohh, interesting but that would take redoing the code for sure for the different materiel,,,umm and likely different tool selection as well.(Im not a CNC guy, only dabble on others machines so I could be way off)

If I may ask..Why? And of course there is no wrong answer...If its just "Because" good enough. The Anodizing he uses is holding up really well.. My first one purchased many years ago still looks great.

If you wanting the ultra shiny look, get one non anodized and polish it, then clear coat

Last edited by E.Marquez; 02-04-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:38 PM
SuperSport

Well, I think stainless cleans up well but my main idea, and I may be wrong, is that if I can make parts out of stainless rather than aluminum, especially the bits that connect to appendages, I'm thinking that the transmission of vibration may reduced or the frequencies that transmit may be different and possibly lead to a slightly more comfortable ride. Top triple would be cool, fork brace, shifter and linkage...stuff like that maybe, just a thought.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:07 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Well, I think stainless cleans up well but my main idea, and I may be wrong, is that if I can make parts out of stainless rather than aluminum, especially the bits that connect to appendages, I'm thinking that the transmission of vibration may reduced or the frequencies that transmit may be different and possibly lead to a slightly more comfortable ride. Top triple would be cool, fork brace, shifter and linkage...stuff like that maybe, just a thought.
I don't know man... seems like harder to do work on stainless, also heavier... as for cleaning, I don't bother much at all other than periodic wipe :-)
Old 02-05-2019, 03:12 AM
SuperSport

Meh, weight is marginal. Stainless is a cinch if you polish it before install, after that it's...well...stainless. Again, regarding weight, I think a little extra weight in certain areas might be a good thing.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:43 AM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
much better than the OEM shifter, better adjustment options, better looking, great seller!
Old 03-09-2019, 01:00 PM
SuperBike

I'm just curious what vibrations you think are transmitted through the shift lever?
Old 05-06-2019, 08:03 PM
Superstock

CaryDG is on a distinguished road
Jamie, Received the shifter and it looks and works great! The combination of the ball bearing pivot, the linkage rod in the longer throw position, altered position/ratio of the engine end shift arm coupled with my Factory Pro Shift Star and Detent arm/spring my SH shifts amazingly! The 1st to 2nd "Clunk" is gone, even clutchless. Thank you. Your products and services are exemplary.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:13 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by CaryDG
Jamie, Received the shifter and it looks and works great! The combination of the ball bearing pivot, the linkage rod in the longer throw position, altered position/ratio of the engine end shift arm coupled with my Factory Pro Shift Star and Detent arm/spring my SH shifts amazingly! The 1st to 2nd "Clunk" is gone, even clutchless. Thank you. Your products and services are exemplary.
Thanks Cary! It's really a shame I had to discontinue them because it does make a big difference.

I still have a couple left from this run if anyone is interested. As the years go by it becomes less and less likely I'll do another special run like this, so they possibly are the last ones.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Superstock

Jamie, Do you have any that aren't anodized? If so, I might have to get one for my "Obsolete Treasure" box. I've put a bunch of "unobtanium" performance parts aside for future use. All I need for my collection/use is a HRC ECU!
Old 05-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Jamie, Do you have any that aren't anodized? If so, I might have to get one for my "Obsolete Treasure" box. I've put a bunch of "unobtanium" performance parts aside for future use. All I need for my collection/use is a HRC ECU!
Cary you know they are clear anodized yes? not colorized?
Old 05-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Superstock

Thanks Erik. I do know that. I'm interested in doing some aesthetic work on one. i.e.; Radiused edges, polishing Etc. Anodizing just makes it more work.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:28 AM
SuperBike

Thanks Erik. I do know that. I'm interested in doing some aesthetic work on one. i.e.; Radiused edges, polishing Etc. Anodizing just makes it more work.
All of them are anodized, sorry.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:26 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Road tested my new DMr shifter. Works wonderfully with FP Evostar kit. Nice work Jamie! I'll try saving enough of my SSI for the rear shock.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Squid

davo231481 is on a distinguished road
how much to post to Australia if you have any left
Old 06-11-2019, 05:57 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by davo231481
how much to post to Australia if you have any left
Due to some people backing out and a couple of non-payments, I still have a few of these left. PM sent!
Old 06-16-2019, 06:27 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road

Jamie,

What does the lower of the two holes below the pivot point provide; just raises the toe peg without using the linkage adjuster? Or does it also provide more mechanical advantage via the leverage ratio angle?
Old 06-17-2019, 02:52 PM
Superstock

I'm not Jamie, but it changes the leverage ratio thereby shortening the shifter travel while very slightly increasing the effort needed. Try it, you might like it. If the effort isn't objectionable. try moving your actual shift arm (pictured) one tooth clockwise. This has the same effect to a lesser amount. Together, they make for very short shifting. Couple these changes with a FP Shift Star and Detent Kit and you have the next best thing to a Quick Shifter!
I've found that, other than the infamous 1st to 2nd shift, clutchless shifting is buttery smooth, both up and down.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:01 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by skokievtr

Jamie,

What does the lower of the two holes below the pivot point provide; just raises the toe peg without using the linkage adjuster? Or does it also provide more mechanical advantage via the leverage ratio angle?
These two holes are the lever ratio. The upper hole (as shown in the picture) is stock, and the lower hole provides a shorter throw of the lever. You can try out both to see which one you like better. Feel free to shoot me an email if you need anything else!
Old 06-19-2019, 03:42 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road

thanks to both of you.

I have the shift linkage 1 tooth CCW rather CW, as I thought that shortened the throw. I'll try first rotating CW 1 tooth from OEM (punch mark on SS centered on linkage gap), then lower the other end of the linkage to bottom hole of the lever. Now, IMO my VTR shifts very nicely as it is (even with 110k miles on original OEM clutch) and I have had the FP shift kit (star & roller detent arm) as well as a lightened flywheel from Erik for years that I've never gotten around to installing but I'll try anyway.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:34 AM
Superstock

102dals is an unknown quantity at this point
Jamie,
Do you have any of these left?
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:00 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by 102dals
Jamie,
Do you have any of these left?
Thanks in advance.
You bet, I still have a few of these. Shoot me an email for ordering information!

Quick Reply: Limited Time Offer - DMr Shifter