SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Let`s talk cylinders (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/let%60s-talk-cylinders-17982/)

nothing 06-30-2010 10:15 AM

hmm interesting. I was mostly worried about valve clearance. It's not much of a kit, I've seen years 2003-2006 sv1k pistons ranging from 11.3:1 to 11.6:1 compressions on ebay for under $100usd and that's with rods. connecting those pistons to our stock rods would probably be another main concern of mine. would this just be a thing I would have to guess, buy, and check or is there some place I can go for more specific details about our pistons and the pistons out of the suz?

FL02SupaHawk996 06-30-2010 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by nothing (Post 271977)
hmm interesting. I was mostly worried about valve clearance. It's not much of a kit, I've seen years 2003-2006 sv1k pistons ranging from 11.3:1 to 11.6:1 compressions on ebay for under $100usd and that's with rods. connecting those pistons to our stock rods would probably be another main concern of mine. would this just be a thing I would have to guess, buy, and check or is there some place I can go for more specific details about our pistons and the pistons out of the suz?

If Tweety can't see it then it can't be done...

But here's JE piston specs for the area of interest:

pin dia = 24.00mm
pin length = 63.50mm

Tweety 06-30-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by FL02SupaHawk996 (Post 271979)
If Tweety can't see it then it can't be done...

But here's JE piston specs for the area of interest:

pin dia = 24.00mm
pin length = 63.50mm

Yeah right... You have about as much experience as me in rebuilding VTR engines...;) Actually you are a bit a head of me with your engine...

My spare engine is still only halfway together... But now it has all the parts needed... I think...

I managed to get sidetracked today though when a mate of mine suggested that we fit a rotrex supercharger to either one of my three VTR engines... Or his preferred choice the RC51 SP2 I'm trying to find a new fork for...

I have the supercharger... I have all the tools I need... I have done it to an Aprilia RSV Mille... I'm trying to figure out a reason not to do it this time... Dammit...

FL02SupaHawk996 06-30-2010 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 271981)
Yeah right... You have about as much experience as me in rebuilding VTR engines...;) Actually you are a bit a head of me with your engine...

My spare engine is still only halfway together... But now it has all the parts needed... I think...

I managed to get sidetracked today though when a mate of mine suggested that we fit a rotrex supercharger to either one of my three VTR engines... Or his preferred choice the RC51 SP2 I'm trying to find a new fork for...

I have the supercharger... I have all the tools I need... I have done it to an Aprilia RSV Mille... I'm trying to figure out a reason not to do it this time... Dammit...

Wait till the snow piles up then decide:)

nothing 06-30-2010 11:20 AM

thanks for the input guys, and +1 to the s/c idea.

Tweety 06-30-2010 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by FL02SupaHawk996 (Post 271982)
Wait till the snow piles up then decide:)

Possibly... But I'm kind of stupid that way... When I get ideas I like to try them out...;) Yesterday preferably...